SaltMaster 5000

Carolina Krayts is the best X-Wing podcast

2 hours ago, Boom Owl said:

Poe is really cool. So is Soontir and Fenn Rau. To bad resistance doesnt have interesting small bases besides t70s. So hyped for the fireball, I hope its not just i5 slam the game. 

I just want to play Poe + 4 🔥

There is an i2 generic, and it should be in the torrent/hyena/epsilon ballpark. If they are 26, you can fit 5 next to Chewie at his current price (or I guess Poe pretty much no upgrades). I’d guess 27 base seems safe for an initial cost. Four should absolutely fit, but we will see what names and upgrades can get squeezed in. 

26 minutes ago, AEIllingworth said:

There is an i2 generic, and it should be in the torrent/hyena/epsilon ballpark. If they are 26, you can fit 5 next to Chewie at his current price (or I guess Poe pretty much no upgrades). I’d guess 27 base seems safe for an initial cost. Four should absolutely fit, but we will see what names and upgrades can get squeezed in. 

Hyped in general about the ship. Self damage to reposition is an awesome feature that I wish was more common place. Slam is so good for point fortressing and high init escape routes im happy there is a built in cost that has people already complaining. The damage concept is the one interesting part of Supernatural Reflexes. The generics seem like they could be highly entertaining box builders, blockers, and flankers.

Pretty sure though that there will be an initially under costed named i5 that can infinite slam, bid with Poe and another jousty thing, ignore the draw backs of the ability, throw 3 dice natively, and probably include regen as well. A new pre cost change Lulo basically. Followed by the inevitable reality that RZ2As are still better settling in. The generics (and mid init names) will most likely pay a mobility premium like strikers do and be priced to close to rz2as to be worth consideration given less reliable time on target.

Doesn’t change the fact that these are basically resistance’s quirky version of strikers though. Much hype.

Edited by Boom Owl

9 hours ago, Brunas said:

Just entering the pilot ability as Finn does everything you want.  Since using his ability gives you a strain, the rest happens automatically.

@punkUser triggering Finn's ability currently doesn't give you a strain you monkey.  

https://github.com/punkUser/xwing_math/issues/24

What? It doesn't give you an unimplemented strain token that doesn't show up anywhere in the UI? I'm truly shocked :P

I do like you pointing out the line number where you want it to say strain + 1 though. If you feel like pointing out all the other places where it should do things if you have strain and what it should do in the form of a pull request, that would be appreciated too ;) (Note that this should not be construed as an attempt to solicit help or anything from you :P).

Edited by punkUser

10 hours ago, punkUser said:

What? It doesn't give you an unimplemented strain token that doesn't show up anywhere in the UI? I'm truly shocked :P

I do like you pointing out the line number where you want it to say strain + 1 though. If you feel like pointing out all the other places where it should do things if you have strain and what it should do in the form of a pull request, that would be appreciated too ;) (Note that this should not be construed as an attempt to solicit help or anything from you :P).

I'll implement it if you don't change my variable names.

I'm pretty sure github has community standards now, so nothing that would get you banned, probably.

Edited by Brunas

20 hours ago, Boom Owl said:

Poe is really cool. So is Soontir and Fenn Rau. To bad resistance doesnt have interesting small bases besides t70s. So hyped for the fireball, I hope its not just i5 slam the game. 

I just want to play Poe + 4 🔥

My friend, have you heard of resistance A wings?

29 minutes ago, catachanninja said:

My friend, have you heard of resistance A wings?

I don't know if I can believe.

Poe Dameron (68)    
    Integrated S-Foils (0)    

Ship total: 68  Half Points: 34  Threshold: 4    

Blue Squadron Recruit (33)    
Ship total: 33  Half Points: 17  Threshold: 2    

Total: 200    

1 minute ago, gennataos said:

Poe Dameron (68)    
    Integrated S-Foils (0)    

Interesting and good are two different things

28 minutes ago, gennataos said:

Poe Dameron (68)    
    Integrated S-Foils (0)    

This list was great fun when you could also fit r4 and b1 on Poe...

8 hours ago, Brunas said:

I'll implement it if you don't change my variable names.

I'm pretty sure github has community standards now, so nothing that would get you banned, probably.

It’s okay just post it on stackoverflow. They won’t notice the variable name changes because they’ll be to preoccupied with telling you how your code sucks and their grandma who founded ibm could write nicer code. 

1 hour ago, FlyingAnchors said:

It’s okay just post it on stackoverflow. They won’t notice the variable name changes because they’ll be to preoccupied with telling you how your code sucks and their grandma who founded ibm could write nicer code. 

Downvote

Here's a link to MSDN that has nothing to do with your issue

Closed as duplicate

Getting Back to Basics

-

Maybe I'm weird, but, recently I really like some of my core skills were getting weaker. It got to the point where I just wanted to focus on flying, getting on target and actions. I've been flying, Luke, Biggs and a pair of I2 Y-Wings with Proton Torps. It doesn't look like it was just me, it's easier to see how weaker an opponents' fundamentals are when you have to focus on your own. Am I weird to think that it's beneficial to run a very basic squad every so often as a refresher for core skills that can be atrophied by high-level play?

8 minutes ago, gennataos said:

Ah, so easy stuff.

More stuff with low skill floor.  Yes it has a high ceiling as well, but you do need to generally have a good grasp of core fundamentals to get to that ceiling.  It's why these elements are favored at high levels of play, but I feel like they're way too prevalent int he mid-tiers where people don't have the same foundation and just leaning on them as crutches.

2 minutes ago, MasterShake2 said:

More stuff with low skill floor.  Yes it has a high ceiling as well, but you do need to generally have a good grasp of core fundamentals to get to that ceiling.  It's why these elements are favored at high levels of play, but I feel like they're way too prevalent int he mid-tiers where people don't have the same foundation and just leaning on them as crutches.

I think we're saying the same thing, kind of.  They're forgiving of mistakes and easily capitalize on opponent mistakes.  I think "high-level" players lean on the same crutches as "mid-tier" players, they're just better.  

29 minutes ago, MasterShake2 said:

Getting Back to Basics

-

Maybe I'm weird, but, recently I really like some of my core skills were getting weaker. It got to the point where I just wanted to focus on flying, getting on target and actions. I've been flying, Luke, Biggs and a pair of I2 Y-Wings with Proton Torps. It doesn't look like it was just me, it's easier to see how weaker an opponents' fundamentals are when you have to focus on your own. Am I weird to think that it's beneficial to run a very basic squad every so often as a refresher for core skills that can be atrophied by high-level play?

No, although I think it depends on what you are running for competitive play. If you’re running a bunch of Nantexs it would seem beneficial to run something without tractor every so often. Or if running Jedi bust out a generic swarm just for a feel. Variety in play can be a great help to understanding opponents lists. Online platforms like TTO and vassal really help in this area.

When a guy says that "Rebel Beef is the epitome of X Wing", and you initially agree on the technical level, given the fact that it is where you see T65's most in the game. But then you see that he never flies them classic X Wing's in his beef lists, opting with favoritism to the B Wing (many of whose shots were deleted from ROTJ due to troubles distinguishing them and their color scheme in the Battle of Endor).

20191204_132018.jpg?width=295&height=301