SaltMaster 5000

Carolina Krayts is the best X-Wing podcast

40 minutes ago, Cerebrawl said:

I'm not sure that would've helped, he needed to go around a big asteroid at 2-2 to get back in the fight, and I just blocked all his hard turns.

Yea you can still kinda trap a precog burner vader. They cant always 5 straight a rock and boost into more actions, or boost/roll 3 turn or 5 straight to a space spot.
Don't at all want to discourage you from continuing to try to solve the Ace counter puzzle in game. I greatly enjoy it. 

Mostly just worth pointing out that the matchup your describing is functionally what I would want from a limited card pool format. Vader without premovement, two i4 Aces instead of flat 665. Or 664 / 654 based on correct point costs etc. Asteroids instead of gas clouds to. 

Edited by Boom Owl

1 hour ago, Boom Owl said:

2 Tansarii veterans with MMS+ABS

When Cerebrawl brought out theese I vastly underestimated them. And when u have to of them blocking you with their tail vs your ace, flying passed them (to get autoblasted in your butt) limits your options severly, specially with the rocks around. Cere won the game with 5natties in to a directshit where a full health/tokened echo got oneshotted (less then 1%chance with Predator/focus).  So with normal dicerolls, that one 1hp Fenn wouldve died that round and Echo wouldve opened up for vader.

Still, my Vader stood parked behind 2 Tansaris way to long =p

Cerebrawl is a new player in our community. In our community we dont steamroll new players and we let them correct mistakes.

So @Cerebrawl saying you stomping imperials in your local meta, is a matter of view 😃

Also I dont want to diminsh Ceres skill/strategys , he is extremly talented.

Looking forward to Tuesday !

7 minutes ago, Muppetfluffer said:

When Cerebrawl brought out theese I vastly underestimated them. And when u have to of them blocking you with their tail vs your ace, flying passed them (to get autoblasted in your butt) limits your options severly, specially with the rocks around. Cere won the game with 5natties in to a directshit where a full health/tokened echo got oneshotted (less then 1%chance with Predator/focus).  So with normal dicerolls, that one 1hp Fenn wouldve died that round and Echo wouldve opened up for vader.

Cerebrawl is a new player in our community. In our community we dont steamroll new players and we let them correct mistakes.

So @Cerebrawl saying you stomping imperials in your local meta, is a matter of view 😃

Sounds like a good local crew. 

10 hours ago, Muppetfluffer said:

I didn't need to kill Echo to win, I'd only lost half points on Fenn and killed Seventh Sister already. Also Echo wasn't fully tokened up(no evade) because you'd parked him, uncloaked, on a rock the turn before. I forget if you cloaked and only had fifth brother for mods, or if you had focus, but no cloaking. EDIT: Remembered the sequence of events: I rolled crit, hit, focus, focus, blank, rerolled blank into focus with predator, spent focus to make everything hit, he rolled 4 defense(cloaked), got two focus, two blank, spent 5th brother for 1 evade, and the crit was a direct hit so he took 5 damage and died anyway.

There was one turn of play after before time out, and you wouldn't have been able to catch Fenn Rau to kill him, I could just disengage.

My 4 ship 4-LOM lists are still undefeated locally... I've won in every permutation. It's like 7-0.

Edited by Cerebrawl

6 minutes ago, GreenDragoon said:

Yeah so that's a perfect example of why I believe barely anyone who says "List X wins usually against list Y"

How many games is that based on? How many unforced errors were made? How many rolls on the extreme sides of the curve?

You’re probably looking at the game through a different lens. I’d recommend just letting this narrative run its course. 

6 minutes ago, gennataos said:

You’re probably looking at the game through a different lens. I’d recommend just letting this narrative run its course. 

Yea the fact a new player is even thinking about in game ace counter play is something to celebrate. The sadness will set in later. 

8 hours ago, Cerebrawl said:

I didn't need to kill Echo to win, I'd only lost half points on Fenn and killed Seventh Sister already. Also Echo wasn't fully tokened up(no evade) because you'd parked him, uncloaked, on a rock the turn before. I forget if you cloaked and only had fifth brother for mods, or if you had focus, but no cloaking.

There was one turn of play after before time out, and you wouldn't have been able to catch Fenn Rau to kill him, I could just disengage.

My 4 ship 4-LOM lists are still undefeated locally... I've won in every permutation. It's like 7-0.

Good on you for coming up with fun homebrew lists. Fair warning though, I've run lists with better records than that against solid opponents only to have them completely collapse in tournament play due to bad matchups, unlucky dice, or any number of variables.

46 minutes ago, Dr Moneypants said:

Good on you for coming up with fun homebrew lists. Fair warning though, I've run lists with better records than that against solid opponents only to have them completely collapse in tournament play due to bad matchups, unlucky dice, or any number of variables.

No doubt, that's why I say local meta. I'm not claiming the list is some tournament killer. Many of those wins are in the run up to a tournament with the locals trying lists they were tweaking to take to tournament, and including the final tournament lists. They still figured they had good lists, and came home having gone 2-4(but one of them won the side event).

Edited by Cerebrawl

So I took a Thanksgiving break from messing about with the good Imperial and FO I5's and toyed a bit with revisiting the Rebel and Republic I5's with some new cards. Oddball (ARC) is much better than at launch.

His ability has always been a great bonus, but never worth the base cost increase (compare with Rivas: yikes!). You can increase the value of the ability by equipping upgrades (sync console, munitions, Debris Gambit, etc.) but then you just doubled down on the ability and wasted points. Chopper, however, makes the ability trigger more, but more importantly, utilizes the medium base footprint. Like crackshot, it synergizes with the ability, but doesn't double down on it. Chopper is taken for its own jamming sake. Even better, between 2 evades and jam, it extends the lifespan of the ARC. Joust+block+cover for the flankers>>>1 bank to change gun orientations+clear stress+block more>>>K-Turn...it's almost as if Oddball has a build that synergizes with his craft for once! (But don't try Ahsoka gunner with Torp Y Oddball. Ahsoka is iffy on value when paired with Torp Bravos or Procket V19's, let alone Oddball in yet another wasteful double down.) Not as good as a Jedi Knight Chopper, but I5 + crack + 2 firing arcs count for something.

My Oddball tier list:

S tier: if he ever gets a ship with autothrusters, both repositions, and blue turns

A tier: if he ever gets a ship with pattern analyzer/primed thrusters

B tier: ARC 170

C tier: V 19 (could jump depending on Mag Pulse cost)

D tier: Y Wing

F tier: if he ever flies a jumpmaster

Edited by Hoarder of Garlic Bread

Brazilian Grands.  LOL and gross.

5         1             Marcelo Boldrin  5         1665 0.57 Techno Union Bomber + Proximity Mines + Landing Struts
Techno Union Bomber + Proximity Mines + Landing Struts
Edited by gennataos

23 minutes ago, gennataos said:

Brazilian Grands.  LOL and gross.

5         1             Marcelo Boldrin  5         1665 0.57 Techno Union Bomber + Proximity Mines + Landing Struts

Thanks. I hate it.

4 minutes ago, gennataos said:

Right now, at Miniature Market, with the (likely?) help of a few Proximity Mine-lending friends, you can have a Grands winning list for just $42 US, plus shipping and tax!

What happens if you're just bad at bombing and accidentally create multiple layers of bomb templates that don't allow the last one to sit without sliding down the hill like a runaway sled and ruining the game state?

1 minute ago, LagJanson said:

What happens if you're just bad at bombing and accidentally create multiple layers of bomb templates that don't allow the last one to sit without sliding down the hill like a runaway sled and ruining the game state?

You have 12 of them, so I guess as long as you don't get yourself DQ'd, you're probably fine.

I don't even know what to say/do/think anymore.  I give up.

2 minutes ago, gennataos said:

You have 12 of them, so I guess as long as you don't get yourself DQ'd, you're probably fine.

I don't even know what to say/do/think anymore.  I give up.

Can you stack a pile of prox mines with delayed fuses and park a ship at the top and claim the high ground?

1 hour ago, Brunas said:

latest?cb=20190205112456

Just build the house of cards baby

He was one of the failed double downs that I tried at launch. It flies funny and very specifically, is overcosted compared to the benefit, and falls apart upon his death.

The best handshake abilities are the super simple ones. Cassian, Coordinate, Jake, Palp, Howlrunner and Iden, Serrisu, Droid Brain, Sinker, etc. Adding more words to a support ability typically adds more conditions, making it harder to use. Whereas words are great on solo cards, they are not so much on cards that want to be more general and less situational (either supporting or being supported). Just ask Axe, Cardinal, Manaroo, Berwer, Joph, any of the lesser-used vultures, Horton, a lot of the Star Fortresses, DenN1, etc.

I'm fine with support, but I don't think around half a list should go into making something work that would not work in a solo build (exceptions exist, but they exist primarily in Rebel and Scum).