SaltMaster 5000

Carolina Krayts is the best X-Wing podcast

2 hours ago, GreenDragoon said:

Broadside.

Maybe the recently mentioned turret tax is too much here. He starts at 39 or 41. Do you add something else? I waited for this ship back in June to give the AniMace+X some new life. But just a dorsal is really bad. An ion is already getting expensive at 41 - why not take 2 torrents or an ARC instead? Adding gunners makes it prohibitively expensive. And it looks like everyone who added more did end up worse for it.

Wait.

What?

I was expecting Broadside to go up a bit. I've been running him with Plo, Obi and Matchstick and doing really rather well.

Matchstick is expensive but serious, with the right set up. He more or less secured the win for me in two out of three at the wknd. Broadside is just straight up great value and has always pulled more than his points worth of weight.

I'm going to guess that using Broadside as a 3rd ship or just inserting him into a Sinker swarm is not good. Neither have appealed to me. I thoroughly agree with keeping them lean too, extra points are always going up in smoke.

There is a HUGE amount to be said for the perks of having Plo and Obi nearby ofc, but the 2 Y's are solid enough that the Jedi only engage for fun in the early/mid game.

I have to admit, the Y Wings surprised me in this list, and continue to do so. There hasn't been a lot else I felt I could do with them, squad and pilot wise. So maybe I actually agree? But just have some special sauce? This appeals.

2 hours ago, svelok said:

I suspect the special sauce is "plo and obi"

This is pertinent.

But it does take something decent to get 2 CLT only Jedi through a game unscathed and still up on points. 

Been wanting to try 2x 104th with them. And maybe Foresight. But the boy insists on the Ys and it's his deal really.

Say it's the current meta environment- 

The initiative 4 TIE Interceptor- How much would you pay for one? How much would you pay for one if you list had to be "All Saber Squadron, and 0-1 other ships"?

How much would you pay for an init 4 TIE Interceptor where it came with Target lock on the action bar and one shield in this current environment? How much would you pay for one if you list had to be "All Saber Squadron, and 0-1 other ships"?

46 minutes ago, Kaptin Krunch said:

The initiative 4 TIE Interceptor- How much would you pay for one? How much would you pay for one if you list had to be "All Saber Squadron, and 0-1 other ships"?

How much would you pay for an init 4 TIE Interceptor where it came with Target lock on the action bar and one shield in this current environment? How much would you pay for one if you list had to be "All Saber Squadron, and 0-1 other ships"?

Less than Scorch. The shield on a 3 hull chassis > reposition options on your list's I4 3 attack filler. Sure, against Rebel lists as well as most CIS lists and a bunch of Republic and Resistance you got a thematically diet Soontir Fel!...but play against Ensnare, anything popular in Imperial/FO/Scum, Jedi, + bogeyman of the week for Boomowl, etc. and you're praying to Duncan far too often.

2 hours ago, Kaptin Krunch said:

I've been using a list with 3 + Vader. At the current cost, if your dice are above average the cost feels alright, but too often their cost just hurts your soul.

3 hours ago, Kaptin Krunch said:

The initiative 4 TIE Interceptor- How much would you pay for one?

Less than an I2 gunboat with ion cannons. So down 3-5 points? The real problem honestly is that I4 is a deathtrap, and should only cost marginally more than I2-3.

What FFG needs to do is make more upgrades like Drea and Sloane that make a list archetype unto themselves while providing focus for generic ships. Solitary relay upgrades are another great example of ways of making generic ships seem interesting. Unlike many I think mass generic spam is a sign of unhealthy balance, but I think more of these kinds of archetypes would be good overall and they shouldn't be nerfed into kingdom come (like Drea). Maybe something for Republic that makes generic Jedi Knights actually worth taking?

Edited by DarkArk

Guys! I finally found the definition of an ace!

aces = ['lukeskywalker', 'rexlerbrath', 'redline', 'whisper', 'duchess', 'darthvader', 'fennrau', 'oldteroch',

'hansolo', 'bobafett', 'wedgeantilles', 'anakinskywalker', 'soontirfel', 'poedameron', 'quickdraw',

'lulolampar','tallissanlintra', 'rey', 'niennunb', 'elloasty', 'kyloren', 'blackout', 'obiwankenobi',

'plokoon']

Get rekt!

e: I note: 3 Rebels, 3 Scum, 3 Republic, 3 FO, 6 Resistance and 6 Empire. Zero separatists. Take that, SunFail!

Edited by GreenDragoon
let me color them in

Best Ace In The Game Ranking: 

Kylo Ren

Anakin

Darth Vader

Obi Wan

Han Solo – Rebel

Poe

Sun Fac

Fenn Rau

Rexler Brath

Boba

Luke Skywalker

Whisper

Soontir

Redline

Rey

Dash 

Guri 

Grand Inquisitor

Quickdraw

Han Solo - Resistance

Plo Koon

Old Teroch 

Corran

Blackout

Nien

Ello

Lulo

Duchess

Ric Olie

Maul

Echo

Ryad

Mace Windu

Berwer Kret

Maarek

What is your ranking?

Happy thanksgiving.

Edited by Boom Owl

Just now, Boom Owl said:

Kylo Ren

Anakin

Darth Vader

Obi Wan

Han Solo – Rebel

Poe

Sun Fac

Fenn Rau

Rexler Brath

Boba

Luke Skywalker

Whisper

Soontir

Redline

Rey

Dash 

Guri 

Grand Inquisitor

Quickdraw

Han Solo - Resistance

Plo Koon

Old Teroch 

Corran

Blackout

Nien

Ello

Lulo

Duchess

Ric Olie

Maul

Echo

Ryad

Mace Windu

Berwer Kret

Maarek

What is your ranking?

You forgot Sunny. Go back and re-rank this correctly now.

3 minutes ago, LagJanson said:

You forgot Sunny. Go back and re-rank this correctly now.

Sunny

Kylo Ren

Anakin

Darth Vader

Obi Wan

Han Solo – Rebel

Poe

Sun Fac

Fenn Rau

Rexler Brath

Boba

Luke Skywalker

Whisper

Soontir

Redline

Rey

Dash 

Guri 

Grand Inquisitor

Quickdraw

Han Solo - Resistance

Plo Koon

Old Teroch 

Corran

Blackout

Nien

Ello

Lulo

Duchess

Ric Olie

Maul

Echo

Ryad

Mace Windu

Berwer Kret

Maarek

What is your ranking?

2 hours ago, Boom Owl said:

What is your ranking?

S-tier: Kylo, Vader, Obi

A-tier: Quiz, Guri, Soontir, Plo, Boba, Delta Squadron Pilot

B-tier: Talli, Anakin, Duchess, Lulo, Luke

C-tier: Maarek, Poe, Blackoute Rexler, Regen Han

Everyone Else: Corran, Berwer

10 minutes ago, Ablazoned said:

S-tier: Kylo, Vader, Obi

A-tier: Quiz, Guri, Soontir, Plo, Boba, Delta Squadron Pilot

B-tier: Talli, Anakin, Duchess, Lulo, Luke

C-tier: Maarek, Poe, Blackoute Rexler, Regen Han

Everyone Else: Corran, Berwer

Your the first person that got it. I posted the list to be ranked, I didnt post my ranking. Thank you.