SaltMaster 5000

Carolina Krayts is the best X-Wing podcast

1 hour ago, Smikies02 said:

If the line measures as out, does that mean a ship with separate side and front arcs could theoretically have the corner of an enemy ship base on the line, with no other part in either arc, so it's technically r3 but out of both arcs?

Definition of 'edge case' acquired.

1 hour ago, Smikies02 said:

It's actually closer to x=80+2(100)

A subtle difference, but it does add some to the total arc coverage.

Side note: Does the firing arc line count as in or out when measuring a firing arc?

If the line measures as out, does that mean a ship with separate side and front arcs could theoretically have the corner of an enemy ship base on the line, with no other part in either arc, so it's technically r3 but out of both arcs?

I think you've made the best argument for why the arc line must be inclusive I've ever seen, haha

2 hours ago, Smikies02 said:

It's actually closer to x=80+2(100)

A subtle difference, but it does add some to the total arc coverage.

Side note: Does the firing arc line count as in or out when measuring a firing arc?

29 minutes ago, Brunas said:

I think you've made the best argument for why the arc line must be inclusive I've ever seen, haha

no! I want the ultimate feelsbad that has ever feltbad.

50 minutes ago, GreenDragoon said:

Yeah but if it's not explicitly in the RR then we can't ever possibly know!

(/s if that's necessary)

We must not forget this little beauty in our delving for clarity since it is the foundation that the rest of the game is built on:  https://images-cdn.fantasyflightgames.com/filer_public/6c/ed/6ced3492-42fb-43c9-b542-0528cd19cff9/swz01_rulebookweb.pdf

(I did check in it though, nothing clear cut saying that the line is part of either the closer or the farther range... Just really posting this because if an upgrade or pilot card doesn't cover it and the Rules Reference doesn't cover it then the main Rulebook should if it is covered at all).

3 minutes ago, DoubleDown11 said:

First paragraph: "One player wins when all enemy ships are destroyed!"

Ah, my sweet, naive core rulebook, if only this were always the case.

Welcome. You join us as this Republic Aces vs Republic Aces Ultimate Final Championship Play Off enters its 3rd day.....

25 minutes ago, DoubleDown11 said:

First paragraph: "One player wins when all enemy ships are destroyed!"

Ah, my sweet, naive core rulebook, if only this were always the case.

Not so much naïve but more the foundation that the tournament formats' time (75min swiss and single elimination, 120 min final) and ship count (2-8 ships) restrictions were laid on top of. Easy to forget that the form of X-Wing so many play is a variant format of the core version (which is why the tournament rules are separate from the core rules).

22 hours ago, gennataos said:

I keep threatening to try Chewbacca crew.  Korr Sella/Rose probably remains the correct crew choice for what I'm doing, but with Chewbacca, everyone on this lunchbox fits in the list.

Image result for resistance tin lunch box"

Threat carried out.  Yeah, that's not going to work.  I'm just going to have to retcon Korr off Hosnian Prime and onto that lunchbox.  I'll pretend she was hiding on the Falcon all this time.

Image result for korr sella"

Edited by gennataos

7 hours ago, gennataos said:

Threat carried out.  Yeah, that's not going to work.  I'm just going to have to retcon Korr off Hosnian Prime and onto that lunchbox.  I'll pretend she was hiding on the Falcon all this time.

Image result for korr sella"

Oh sheeeeeiiiiiiiiiiiiittttttt. Thought she was a character from comics/novels.

Raises an interesting question: Will we see more [canonical] New Republic characters in the Resistance faction? Will the same pair out to Imperial Remnant and FO?

13 minutes ago, Hoarder of Garlic Bread said:

Oh sheeeeeiiiiiiiiiiiiittttttt. Thought she was a character from comics/novels.

Raises an interesting question: Will we see more [canonical] New Republic characters in the Resistance faction? Will the same pair out to Imperial Remnant and FO?

Korr is in the Bloodlines novel and is actually a part of Leia's Resistance staff...she's not really "New Republic", per se.    There's apparently a cutting room floor scene from Force Awakens where Leia sent the Korr you see to Hosnian Prime to warn the New Republic about the First Order.

Cards I Am Surprised Aren't Used More ( ATC #s ) 

• Composure ( 113 ) 
  • Ensnare ( 111 ) :thunk:
  • Broadside ( 70 ) 
  • Rebel Han ( 66 ) 
  • Rebel Lando ( 59 )
  • Rose Tico Crew ( 42 ) 
  • R2D2 Astro ( 37 ) 
  • Saw Crew ( 33 ) 
  • Jyn Erso ( 30 ) 
  • Republic Chopper ( 25 ) 
  • Biggs ( 27 ) 
  • Snapshot ( 27 ) 
  • Electronic Baffle ( 21 ) 
  • Precognitive Reflexes ( 9 )
  • Sabine Crew ( 7 ) 
  • Auzituck ( 6 ) 
  • Rebel Fenn ( 3 ) 
  • Genius ( 2 ) 
  • Ezra Gunner ( 2 ) 
Edited by Boom Owl

7 minutes ago, Boom Owl said:

• Composure ( 113 ) 
  • Ensnare ( 111 ) :thunk:
  • Broadside ( 70 ) 
  • Rebel Han ( 66 ) 
  • Rebel Lando ( 59 )
  • Rose Tico Crew ( 42 ) 
  • R2D2 Astro ( 37 ) 
  • Saw Crew ( 33 ) 
  • Jyn Erso ( 30 ) 
  • Republic Chopper ( 25 ) 
  • Biggs ( 27 ) 
  • Snapshot ( 27 ) 
  • Electronic Baffle ( 21 ) 
  • Precognitive Reflexes ( 9 )
  • Sabine Crew ( 7 ) 
  • Auzituck ( 6 ) 
  • Rebel Fenn ( 3 ) 
  • Genius ( 2 ) 
  • Ezra Gunner ( 2 ) 

So largely, you are surprised people don't use Rebels more?

Edited by LagJanson

17 minutes ago, Boom Owl said:

Composure ( 113 ) 

Mainly on Snap (92). 4 were on Sabine with 2 each. Why is she not played anymore anyway? Why did people add A-wings into RebelBeef lists, but not Sabine?

20 minutes ago, Boom Owl said:

Ensnare ( 111 ) :thunk:

Uh, that's fine... But interesting how it's more often on Chertek, who makes more cuts. But then in the cut, SunFac does much better.

22 minutes ago, Boom Owl said:

Broadside ( 70 ) 

Maybe the recently mentioned turret tax is too much here. He starts at 39 or 41. Do you add something else? I waited for this ship back in June to give the AniMace+X some new life. But just a dorsal is really bad. An ion is already getting expensive at 41 - why not take 2 torrents or an ARC instead? Adding gunners makes it prohibitively expensive. And it looks like everyone who added more did end up worse for it.

Many of the others need someone to pave the way. It seems obvious that Biggs could work, no? Or Precog, or the Auzitucks. RebelFenn needs a lower ship count, but sadly we're already going down that slope.

40 minutes ago, Boom Owl said:

• Composure ( 113 ) 
  • Ezra Gunner ( 2 ) 

Is Composure good on anyone except Sabine and Wexley? And even Sabine you have the Debris vs Composure argument.

14pt force point vs Kanan that's 2 points cheaper with a useful ability. Then compare to Fifth Bro which is 5 points cheaper... with a still more useful ability.

Has anyone tried Attack Shuttle Sabine again since Targeting Computer came out? Pretty Reliable TL - Focus - Evade seems good for 46 pts.

38 minutes ago, Smikies02 said:

Is Composure good on anyone except Sabine and Wexley? And even Sabine you have the Debris vs Composure argument.

14pt force point vs Kanan that's 2 points cheaper with a useful ability. Then compare to Fifth Bro which is 5 points cheaper... with a still more useful ability.

Has anyone tried Attack Shuttle Sabine again since Targeting Computer came out? Pretty Reliable TL - Focus - Evade seems good for 46 pts.

You wont get TL focus evade. Failing the BR to get the focus means you cant link into the evade.