SaltMaster 5000

Carolina Krayts is the best X-Wing podcast

1 minute ago, jagsba said:

its definitely cool to see us moving out from the N1 being solely Ric with R2. Ani is definitely on a list of things to try for me

I am pretty okay with naboo handmaidens not taking off in popularity,  networked evades seems like it'd be kinda unfun to play against

11 minutes ago, catachanninja said:

I am pretty okay with naboo handmaidens not taking off in popularity,  networked evades seems like it'd be kinda unfun to play against

Yeah thank god, wouldn't want this game to devolve into a music video for "Can't Touch This" where nearly every game goes to time. That would be horrendous.

1 hour ago, Dr Moneypants said:

Ummm... Sorry? Not really sure what I did... But... Sorry?

This was defamatory as heck:

2 hours ago, Dr Moneypants said:

I feel my point was better placed here as it was based on readily available data rather than just whining cause my favorite faction feels bad.

The data has supported that S&V on the average is the weakest faction for the last several months (AT.C just makes the discrepancy easier to see thanks to @Brunas tossing out Metawing's weighting system and going with the bare data instead). Dismissing that thread as nothing more than "feels" based whining is an arrogant ******* move...

47 minutes ago, Cerebrawl said:

And that's the answer to everything, is it? I mean we can already run something like that in Scum(Drea swarm with mining guild surveyors), nobody is. It'd probably be the Obsidian Squadron Pilots that'd get it rather than the Academy Pilots.

It'd be nice having talents on somewhat weightier low ini options, like Contracted Scouts, Bounty Hunters, etc. It could make Freighter Captain worth flying.

That’s not a really apples to apples comparison, though? We’re comparing something that doesn’t exist to the current meta, so you can’t dismiss the power level of where these lists would be if you gave them access to an easier alpha. 

5 minutes ago, PaulRuddSays said:

That’s not a really apples to apples comparison, though? We’re comparing something that doesn’t exist to the current meta, so you can’t dismiss the power level of where these lists would be if you gave them access to an easier alpha. 

Nobody said every pilot should have a talent slot, only that it would be nice if some more intiative 1-2 generics had access to them. It's quite easy to omit the ones it would be broken on.

Edited by Cerebrawl

44 minutes ago, Hiemfire said:

This was defamatory as heck:

The data has supported that S&V on the average is the weakest faction for the last several months (AT.C just makes the discrepancy easier to see thanks to @Brunas tossing out Metawing's weighting system and going with the bare data instead). Dismissing that thread as nothing more than "feels" based whining is an arrogant ******* move...

I tried to apologise and you doubled down on straight up insulting me. Lighten up, man.

Just now, Dr Moneypants said:

I tried to apologise and you doubled down on straight up insulting me. Lighten up, man.

I actually tried to back off my insulting tone a little while explaining what I was reacting too. Frankly I don't know you well enough to call you anything. What you posted on the other hand, as I refocused on, was a defamatory, arrogant ******* move. Are you saying that perception should be applied to the poster as well as the post?

1 minute ago, Hiemfire said:

I actually tried to back off my insulting tone a little while explaining what I was reacting too. Frankly I don't know you well enough to call you anything. What you posted on the other hand, as I refocused on, was a defamatory, arrogant ******* move. Are you saying that perception should be applied to the poster as well as the post?

I'm saying it feels **** either way.

Maybe instead of "backing off the insulting tone a little" you should have hit the breaks and gone with something like "sorry, but what you said hit a nerve and felt like a personal attack."

But sure, keep cursing in my general direction and  making vague distinctions about whether I'm a jerk or I just act like a jerk.

You do you, man.

1 minute ago, Dr Moneypants said:

I'm saying it feels **** either way.

Fair.

1 minute ago, Dr Moneypants said:

"sorry, but what you said hit a nerve and felt like a personal attack."

Accurate, I should have phrased it that way.

My apologies.

4 minutes ago, Dr Moneypants said:

You do you, man.

Can't. Aside from not being autophilic, my biological equipment lacks the capability. 😆

2 minutes ago, Hiemfire said:

Fair.

Accurate, I should have phrased it that way.

My apologies.

Can't. Aside from not being autophilic, my biological equipment lacks the capability. 😆

Apology accepted. And I am sorry if my initial comment came off as a cheap potshot. I do love scum too. Even when they hurt me.

6 minutes ago, LagJanson said:

Oh god. Where am I? People are bein' all reasonable like an apologizing! 

Oh... I am still online after all.... was afraid I’d drugged myself up into some sort of kids anime fantasy.... ain’t this embarrassing...

rebels? or resistance?

I will attempt to keep this spoiler free but everyone should go watch the Mandalorian. it's awesome. 

there's super memorable characters who only show up once and then it's over, which makes it feel a lot more like a movie and a lot less like a TV show. Prior Star Wars TV shows have had that sense of recurrence and constancy where there's like, a main cast and a main "home base" for the heroes, but this show moves at the feel and pace of a movie.

I feel like I've  been gifted a new trilogy of movies out of nowhere. it's amazing. 

also no Skywalkers so far so I'm keeping my fingers crossed but it seems like a standalone. that aspect has reinvigorated the entire universe for me just in that I finally feel like Star Wars has something "new"

Just now, Kieransi said:

I will attempt to keep this spoiler free but everyone should go watch the Mandalorian. it's awesome. 

there's super memorable characters who only show up once and then it's over, which makes it feel a lot more like a movie and a lot less like a TV show. Prior Star Wars TV shows have had that sense of recurrence and constancy where there's like, a main cast and a main "home base" for the heroes, but this show moves at the feel and pace of a movie.

I feel like I've  been gifted a new trilogy of movies out of nowhere. it's amazing. 

Hide contents

also no Skywalkers so far so I'm keeping my fingers crossed but it seems like a standalone. that aspect has reinvigorated the entire universe for me just in that I finally feel like Star Wars has something "new"

I love it because it does so much with the lived-in and not-shiny OG Star Wars universe and "feel", but goes into uncharted territories with it (but it also has those cool EU aspects of the prequel-era, especially in the material concerning Mandalore). It's not a fantasy epic. It's not a political drama. It's not an anthology or a fan service effort. It's a John Favreau-styled Western looking up to the Man With No Name Trilogy with misty eyes, wanting so much to be that. And it does its best admirably, telling the stories so visually. Very little dialogue, except when necessary, and heck, an intentionally unexpressive main character helmet that places so much character in body movements, gestures, and line delivery *see Master Chief in Halo 4*. This doing so much by doing just enough but doing that enough thoroughly and enjoying the atmosphere and the value that even these small pieces and sets (by comparison to the breakneck sweeping battles and epics the movies sought to be, both successfully and unsuccessfully) have permeates every aspect of the show.

My favorite part of each episode is the credit reel, when stills from the chapter are made to look like oil paintings whilst Spaghetti Western music plays.

7 minutes ago, Hoarder of Garlic Bread said:

It's not a fantasy epic. It's not a political drama. It's not an anthology or a fan service effort.

I think its a little early for these statements. The first and third statements considering the character introduced at the end of the first episode, and events around them in the second, and your second statement I feel hasn't really had time to be proven out, as the recurring character of the Imperial Warlord and his forces attempting to keep order in the lawlessness of the Outer Rim is going to easily play into the moral quandaries about how far you can go to keep Law and Order. 

honestly the western thing feels more in line with the OT than any of the "fantasy epic" stuff does. Death Star aside, in Episode IV the galaxy feels very large and very sparse, and Episode V does a much better job of adding to this feel.

also the OST for the Mandalorian is among the best I've heard. weird flutes and synthesizers are both instruments I played in high school so I'm probably biased but I like it better than a lot of the John Williams music tbh. (not casting shade, Yoda's theme and Rey's theme are awesome)