SaltMaster 5000

Carolina Krayts is the best X-Wing podcast

24 minutes ago, Tlfj200 said:

hyperspace was actually probably better before they added more ships

Limited format was really exciting/entertaining for about 4 weeks before it died. 
I hope FFG brings it back in a more purposeful way as part of the Jan Point adjustments. 
Its probably the easiest way they could improve on the game right now without physically re-writing or point banning a couple cards. 

Also this probably needs to start getting used more: 
tenor.gif?itemid=15542178

Edited by Boom Owl

15 minutes ago, Boom Owl said:

Limited format was really exciting/entertaining for about 4 weeks before it died. 

4/7 factions being so small hurts it a lot, too 

extended right now is just hyperspace + a bunch of imperial and scum ships, changing the OT lineups would be A Good Thing(tm) but obiwan would still be 11% of lists, and unless things go south fast, the PT/ST factions will still be 40-60% of the game

12 minutes ago, gennataos said:

What Why hasn't coordinating shenanigans taken off for Resistance?

A question I've asked. I see the shuttle frequently enough but it's been limited as either a harassing unit or a spot to carry Leia. 

Then I realize I still don't care enough about Resistance to attempt to answer the question and move on...

3 minutes ago, LagJanson said:

A question I've asked. I see the shuttle frequently enough but it's been limited as either a harassing unit or a spot to carry Leia. 

Then I realize I still don't care enough about Resistance to attempt to answer the question and move on...

I do appreciate the contribution to the topic by way of fixing my WH word!

1 hour ago, gennataos said:

TANGENT ALERT!

@RStan - Why hasn't coordinating shenanigans taken off for Resistance?  I know you were looking at them before, Nodin most, right? I keep looking at the transport this week and it sure seems like it can coordinate casual.

So there are shenanigans out there. Mostly untested beyond list building stage.

The only thing I tried on the table was Ello, Nien, Nodin and Greer which was okay, but suffered as a list that wanted two ships to act like aces (T70s) which weren't acey enough to deal with pure jousters (especially Sear Swarm) and not jousty enough for i6s (especially Vader and Jedi) where the superior aces could sometimes not care about jousting a bit by arc dodging or being at range 3 of one of the T70s while straight up trading shots with another. Granted it was a nice tool box list that had really good time on target, but it kinda suffered from "jack of all trades, master of none" scenario. The tricks and tools provided by Nodin and Nien were very fun to pull off (3 straight red maneuver turns for Nien clearing all the stress and doing all the actions via Nodin coordinating). I still think Nodin might be the best support ship in the game. Coordinating and jamming in the same turn is REALLY good.

The problem is with who Nodin can coordinate. The platforms within the Resistance that get coordinated have oddly felt like they didn't need it, the ships commonly end up stressed or just not worth coordinating to. Poe ends up stressed or just isn't worth the investment these days in the meta as he hasn't performed well. Other higher named T70s have similarly performed "meh" while the top performing Resistance has been in the RZ2s (commonly stressed), lower initiative T70s, Cova, and Finn. Most of that just doesn't seem like a good investment of 44ish points to coordinate to. There can definitely be something we're missing that hasn't been really tested yet. If you wanna talk about coordinate shenanigans you can look at this. Easy part, Finn does IT'S THE RESISTANCE, then you could one of these wombo combos: 

Nodin activates and takes a focus. Han activates and coordinates to Nodin giving Han calc, Nodin takes a lock, Nodin ability activates from being coordinated "After you coordinate or are coordinated,..." who chooses to perform a coordinate back to Han who locks/boosts/rotates, Nodin ability activates again from coordinating Han which he can then calculate or jam if anyone moved into rng 1 of him by the time Han activated. Nodin does almost all of his actions and blue next turn clearing all stress while Han has Rey gunner, Calc, and potentially a lock to get max attack results or still hads solid mods while boosting or rotating. Unfortunately that can all be summed up in a gif representing what could happen in a real game below:

giphy.gif

IMO, bottom line is that the Resistance doesn't have a pilot that can maximize being coordinated even though they might have one of the best coordinators in the game. 

Edited by RStan

2 hours ago, Transmogrifier said:

A bit late, but just chiming in to say I was not prepared for how wholesome the latest episode was. It might be worth editing (!?) and distributing to a wider audience (like the Listener series)?

In a week or two all the other podcast will have poorly covered what the krayts said. Like every other time they've put out content

Edited by jagsba

Format: Extended
Events with: >=25 players, and >=75% lists filled (24)
Total lists: 1939

Top cut rates (baseline 22.43%) with >=25 appearances:

1. plokoon: 40.74% (54)
  2. captainsear: 40.58% (69)
  3. lieutenanttavson: 40.26% (77)
  4. quickdraw: 35.14% (111)
  5. sinker: 34.62% (52)
  6. whisper: 34.48% (87)
  7. lieutenantsai: 33.33% (36)
  8. bluesquadronscout: 33.33% (30)
  9. oldteroch: 32.5% (40)
  10. kyloren: 32.43% (111)
  11. chertek: 32.35% (34)
  12. zetasquadronsurvivor: 32.26% (31)
  13. ricolie: 31.33% (150)
  14. inquisitor: 30.86% (81)
  15. tradefederationdrone: 30.16% (126)

Top 4 rates (baseline 3.92%) with >=25 appearances:

1. lieutenantsai: 16.67% (36)
  2. zetasquadronsurvivor: 12.9% (31)
  3. grandinquisitor: 10.64% (47)
  4. whisper: 10.34% (87)
  5. niennunb: 8.33% (48)
  6. darthvader: 8.28% (157)
  7. 4lom: 7.69% (26)
  8. plokoon: 7.41% (54)
  9. ricolie: 7.33% (150)
  10. captainsear: 7.25% (69)
  11. duchess: 7.14% (42)
  12. omegasquadronexpert: 6.9% (29)
  13. anakinskywalker: 6.59% (91)
  14. rearadmiralchiraneau: 6.45% (62)
  15. soontirfel: 6.25% (128)

1 hour ago, Boom Owl said:

Why dont more i1-i2 generics have access to Talents? 
Seems randomly restricted to A-Wings and TAPs. 

With the TAP specifically, I think it's more that they're missing the low-Init generic.  There's no untalented "Lothal Test Pilot" I1 TIE/v1 coming in at 29 points or whatever, just the veteran I3 "Baron Of The Empire."

1 minute ago, theBitterFig said:

With the TAP specifically, I think it's more that they're missing the low-Init generic.  There's no untalented "Lothal Test Pilot" I1 TIE/v1 coming in at 29 points or whatever, just the veteran I3 "Baron Of The Empire."

He didn't get his baron's associates to not use his talent.

2 hours ago, Boom Owl said:

Why dont more i1-i2 generics have access to Talents? 
Seems randomly restricted to A-Wings and TAPs. 

Scum has two i2 generics with talent access(y-wing, mining TIE/in), but definitely could do with some widening of the field.

1 hour ago, PaulRuddSays said:

Because crack shot. 

Actually the best use of low ini talents is probably intimidation blockers.

2 hours ago, svelok said:

Format: Extended
Events with: >=25 players, and >=75% lists filled (24)
Total lists: 1939

Top cut rates (baseline 22.43%) with >=25 appearances:

1. plokoon: 40.74% (54)
  2. captainsear: 40.58% (69)
  3. lieutenanttavson: 40.26% (77)
  4. quickdraw: 35.14% (111)
  5. sinker: 34.62% (52)
  6. whisper: 34.48% (87)
  7. lieutenantsai: 33.33% (36)
  8. bluesquadronscout: 33.33% (30)
  9. oldteroch: 32.5% (40)
  10. kyloren: 32.43% (111)
  11. chertek: 32.35% (34)
  12. zetasquadronsurvivor: 32.26% (31)
  13. ricolie: 31.33% (150)
  14. inquisitor: 30.86% (81)
  15. tradefederationdrone: 30.16% (126)

Top 4 rates (baseline 3.92%) with >=25 appearances:

1. lieutenantsai: 16.67% (36)
  2. zetasquadronsurvivor: 12.9% (31)
  3. grandinquisitor: 10.64% (47)
  4. whisper: 10.34% (87)
  5. niennunb: 8.33% (48)
  6. darthvader: 8.28% (157)
  7. 4lom: 7.69% (26)
  8. plokoon: 7.41% (54)
  9. ricolie: 7.33% (150)
  10. captainsear: 7.25% (69)
  11. duchess: 7.14% (42)
  12. omegasquadronexpert: 6.9% (29)
  13. anakinskywalker: 6.59% (91)
  14. rearadmiralchiraneau: 6.45% (62)
  15. soontirfel: 6.25% (128)

So does this mean that Tavson+SFs is a good squad?

What would you do with it?