Jump to content
SaltMaster 5000

Carolina Krayts is the best X-Wing podcast

Recommended Posts

FO and Scum both suffer from a lack of a budget Ace.  Look at the Resistance and Republic, for example: both have I5 pilots that are cheap for their ability (Tali, Rickie Olie...) If they had a cheap I6 Ace, it would open up the list building to have FO Ace + 3-4 Tie FO's.  As to Scum, there isn't really a way to build a triple ace list or a 4-5 ship list with an ace.  (I don't really count Fenn + three I1 fangs, since the lack of a bid almost precludes ace play with Fenn). 

My 2 cents.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, RunnerAZ said:

FO Ace + 3-4 Tie FO's

You can run this right now with Kylo to decent effect. Im not sure any filler ace would ever replace Kylo in that archetype unless they increase Kylos cost. Could though if the filler ace isnt just filler and is a real end game threat. Its one of the few archetypes that actually works well as it does very similar things as Kylo Tavson with slightly better ace matchups. 

The thing a Cheap Ace will probably open up is a 200 pt 4 ship with Kylo and that Ace and two other pieces, more toys with Ace + QD+, and a possible undercosted Trip Ace copy paste trench run from empire/republic. Ace + 4 could have variations with some more room for the 4, really interested to see how strong the vonreg is in the spot compared to the force user.

In the mean time try burners on QD. He operates alot like an early/mid game ace with that ( just trades for rather than holding pts to 75 min ).

Edited by Boom Owl

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, RunnerAZ said:

FO and Scum both suffer from a lack of a budget Ace.  Look at the Resistance and Republic, for example: both have I5 pilots that are cheap for their ability (Tali, Rickie Olie...) If they had a cheap I6 Ace, it would open up the list building to have FO Ace + 3-4 Tie FO's.  As to Scum, there isn't really a way to build a triple ace list or a 4-5 ship list with an ace.  (I don't really count Fenn + three I1 fangs, since the lack of a bid almost precludes ace play with Fenn). 

My 2 cents.

Scum has Teroch for 56 who is decent even naked, and Serrisu for 43 (Marksmanship/Autoblaster) who plays both budget Ace/Support ship role. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Debris Gambit + Fire Control Maarek (of course with Palp around, otherwise I'd be using Composure Afterburner) > Obi Wan. Fight me. Meaning, fight me and my 2 I5 TIE Defenders (one of them albeit jerryrigged) that can fiddle with the damage deck. It's like 2 I1 Defenders, but better! (And I mean it. This is not the ironic "like 2 I1 Defenders but better" that I joke about with Debris Gambit Hux Silencers)

I am thoroughly surprised by just how much viable variation there is to be had in Rex + Maarek + Palp; most archetypes don't offer this much upgrade flexibility! But if I go down this rabbit hole, I can't field FO for Crossroads. But do I want to go down the rabbit hole, given that I fielded Rex last year?

1ah826cnm0531.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What’s the knock on Midnight? Is it more than just he isn’t as good as he was in 1.0 with juke/comm relay?

Price seems reasonable now and he has good game vs Jedi and Inquisitors. 
The biggest problem for me has been building a decent FO squad with Midnight in it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Stagsquad13 said:

What’s the knock on Midnight? Is it more than just he isn’t as good as he was in 1.0 with juke/comm relay?

Price seems reasonable now and he has good game vs Jedi and Inquisitors. 
The biggest problem for me has been building a decent FO squad with Midnight in it.

Midnight is a single action, single modification, 2 die gun. Unless he gets support the first round of combat M is taking a lock, so no defensive action or repo. 

M can't carry an evade around, can't juke any more and naked is the same price as Plo Koon and is more expensive than Lulo or Ric O. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/8/2019 at 12:04 PM, RunnerAZ said:

FO and Scum both suffer from a lack of a budget Ace.  Look at the Resistance and Republic, for example: both have I5 pilots that are cheap for their ability (Tali, Rickie Olie...) If they had a cheap I6 Ace, it would open up the list building to have FO Ace + 3-4 Tie FO's.  As to Scum, there isn't really a way to build a triple ace list or a 4-5 ship list with an ace.  (I don't really count Fenn + three I1 fangs, since the lack of a bid almost precludes ace play with Fenn). 

My 2 cents.

Alternatively, scum has some great aces but no logical support at around 50 points like a lamba, u-wing, or slightly more expensive Tavson.  It's hard to make a Fenn+Guri+support or Fenn+oldT+support that makes sense.  In wave 1 it was Palob and honestly it might still be but it kills most of your bid to run him.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, Ablazoned said:

Alternatively, scum has some great aces but no logical support at around 50 points like a lamba, u-wing, or slightly more expensive Tavson.  It's hard to make a Fenn+Guri+support or Fenn+oldT+support that makes sense.  In wave 1 it was Palob and honestly it might still be but it kills most of your bid to run him.

Why doesn't the escape craft count?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, catachanninja said:

Why doesn't the escape craft count?

Too squishy.  It can get one-rounded too easily unlike the beefier support ships.  So if your opponent wants it, you get one, maybe two good coordinates off and a mostly irrelevant gun.  A u-wing is often the last ship on the board, and the lambda has 10 hp behind reinforce.  Both have a 3-dice gun, too.

Also maybe too expensive?  Not actually sure about it but white coordinate Lando felt a LOT easier of a choice at 26 points.

Also, after some reconsidering, scum also has no real double repo aces.  AS Guri can get out of trouble, and is probably the aciest scum thing.

EDIT: AND the lamba or u-wing or Tavson is doing so much more for you than a red coordinate.  Range infinity locks, pulling a stress, jamming, Leia carrier, etc.

Edited by Ablazoned

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Ablazoned said:

Too squishy.  It can get one-rounded too easily unlike the beefier support ships.  So if your opponent wants it, you get one, maybe two good coordinates off and a mostly irrelevant gun.  A u-wing is often the last ship on the board, and the lambda has 10 hp behind reinforce.  Both have a 3-dice gun, too.

Scum has to scrap together their own support ship from what's lying around the house:

Cartel Executioner (43)    
    Squad Leader (8)    
    R2 Astromech (3)    
    
Ship total: 54

or spend 3 more for Oberos and get 2 more regen!

Edited by skotothalamos

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, skotothalamos said:

Scum has to scrap together their own support ship from what's lying around the house:

Cartel Executioner (43)    
    Squad Leader (8)    
    R2 Astromech (3)    
    
Ship total: 54

or spend 3 more for Oberos and get 2 more regen!

🤨 R u taking into account that Squad Leader hard limits the Executioner to coordinating Focus, Lock or Roll only?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Brunas said:

@Oldpara I'm confused at what's going on or how it's working, but super in.  Nice.

Thank you. 

I am confused as well. Everyone is confused :)

There are 4 my games on Legion YT channel recorded, so you can see how ppl just honorably jousted me, and died. 

Avenger's ability won me one game, otherwise was insignificant (usually I lost 1-2 ships)

This list is pure efficiency. Plus some good rolls and no terrible flying and you can win things apparently. 

Driving home now, so can't write more. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Ablazoned said:

Alternatively, scum has some great aces but no logical support at around 50 points like a lamba, u-wing, or slightly more expensive Tavson.  It's hard to make a Fenn+Guri+support or Fenn+oldT+support that makes sense.  In wave 1 it was Palob and honestly it might still be but it kills most of your bid to run him.

This is manaroo erasure

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...