Jump to content
SaltMaster 5000

Carolina Krayts is the best X-Wing podcast

Recommended Posts

4 hours ago, Brunas said:

the rza2 As are so much cheaper than every other 2 die ship in the game (at least with boost), and also the only playable ones

 

WEIRD

 

More having a turret and the flexibility to double repo, mod + repo, repo + rotate or rotate + mod with a dial that makes stress less meaningful.  It's a lot of options that just gives the player a crazy edge over 2 dice with no linked action.

Edited by MasterShake2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Brunas said:

the rza2 As are so much cheaper than every other 2 die ship in the game (at least with boost), and also the only playable ones

 

WEIRD

Hmm... Jake Farell made into World's final, and just won Spanish Natio. Pretty good performance for non-playable ship ;)

Didn't looked at your numbers but Arvel looks also decent.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Oldpara said:

Didn't looked at your numbers but Arvel looks also decent.

Not a huge # of games so hard to say. Performed ok against Vader/Soontir and very badly against Obi/Sear I guess?  
Sense R2D2 Luke + Wedge + Arvel + Jake still seems at least decent. 

Sy1N1nP.pngSvE6Gl7.pngpMokvyP.png

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Oldpara said:

Hmm... Jake Farell made into World's final, and just won Spanish Natio. Pretty good performance for non-playable ship ;)

Didn't looked at your numbers but Arvel looks also decent.

sorry, bad post - should be the ships with boost are doing much better than the ones WITHOUT boost.  The ones with  boost are the good ones! (Inquisitor, RZ1/2, HWK kind of), except for the scum falcon.  F to pay respects to that thing.

Edited by Brunas

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Brunas said:

sorry, bad post - should be the ships with boost are doing much better than the ones WITHOUT boost.  The ones with  boost are the good ones! (Inquisitor, RZ1/2, HWK kind of), except for the scum falcon.  F to pay respects to that thing.

Squints suspiciously in z95 and vulture

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Brunas said:

sorry, bad post - should be the ships with boost are doing much better than the ones WITHOUT boost.  The ones with  boost are the good ones! (Inquisitor, RZ1/2, HWK kind of), except for the scum falcon.  F to pay respects to that thing.

See RZ2 AWings vs TIE/SFs. Boost is always what I miss when I play SFs after so much time with RZ2 AWings. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

1 minute ago, Brunas said:

TRUE

Actually true, though. Well, I don't agree on z95s, but vultures for sure. Stupid brain, trying to make patterns where there might not be any

I assume the pattern maybe more noticeable when dealing with ship comparisons that have similar pricing where one of the chassis have boost while the other does not. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, Brunas said:

sorry, bad post - should be the ships with boost are doing much better than the ones WITHOUT boost.  The ones with  boost are the good ones! (Inquisitor, RZ1/2, HWK kind of), except for the scum falcon.  F to pay respects to that thing.

Something something dont have to kturn or sloop as much. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, RStan said:

See RZ2 AWings vs TIE/SFs. Boost is always what I miss when I play SFs after so much time with RZ2 AWings. 

Not having boost is exactly why I can tolerate playing the SFs. 

Everything after the first engage with RZ2As loses my attention. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, Tlfj200 said:

I'm the opposite.

I wanna go fast, ricky bobby.

Going fast is fun. Strikers are my most played ship for that reason. 

I just dont get much of a rush from the turns where your just flying past or away from stuff with a boost to set up the rear arc. 

The one cool thing with RZ2As is the less you boost the more your rear arcs mod which is "semi interesting" but still kinda just a fly by rotate loop. 

Edit: Also want to be sure to clarify RZ2As are fun for a lot of people for a reason ( shooting all or most of the time can be fun ), nothing wrong with enjoying that given force Ace prices.   

Edited by Boom Owl

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Brunas said:

Well, one was blount, who isn't really a z95, and the other is literally the only rebel ship that fits in that point range. I don't know that it's a good list to use as a metric for got food z95s are or aren't.

I'm not meaning to imply it is, more complementing Dan's (? my memory is bad with names at times) skill with what he took from what is available to the faction. :D 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Brunas said:

Well, one was blount, who isn't really a z95, and the other is literally the only rebel ship that fits in that point range. I don't know that it's a good list to use as a metric for got food z95s are or aren't.

 

To be fair, there aren't a lot "cheap filler options" that are viable across the factions.  GSTs seem to be the closest to viable.  I would argue Vultures are actually an important component of the list and 1-2 is rarely taken as filler, so even the vulture doesn't seem immune.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...