Jump to content
SaltMaster 5000

Carolina Krayts is the best X-Wing podcast

Recommended Posts

2 minutes ago, Brunas said:

literally all of those pilots outperform scorch.  By a lot.

Scorch finishes in the bottom 40% of lists on average.  He's the most played pilot to be anywhere near that bad.

I sometimes wonder if he shouldn't be self-stressing for that extra die as much as I see it happen.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Brunas said:

literally all of those pilots outperform scorch.  By a lot.

Scorch finishes in the bottom 40% of lists on average.  He's the most played pilot to be anywhere near that bad.

True! Thats pretty true.

FO Lists I Have Tested and Will Continue To Test Until I Am Less Bad At X-Wing: 

  • QD SF SF SF EP EP 
  • Kylo Tavson QD 
  • Kylo Tavson Recoil
  • Kylo Tavson Ep Ep 
  • Kylo Tavson Scorch Ep 
  • Kylo Tavson Starkiller
  • Kylo QD Scorch Longshot 
  • Kylo QD Scorch Ep 
  • Kylo Scorch Longshot Omega Ep 
  • Kylo SF SF SF EP 
  • Kylo Scorch SF SF EP 
  • Kylo Scorch Omega Omega Rivas
  • Kylo Scorch Omega Omega Omega 
  • Kylo Scorch Longshot Ep Ep 
  • Kylo Quickdraw Midnight  
  • Kylo QD Scorch  

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Brunas said:

everything else is even worse

Ok so...damnt fine....

I will say at least that Omega Squadron Aces, Longshot, and Rivas have essentially not been played. 

I dont think we actually have data on some of the ships below that line. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Boom Owl said:

Ok so...damnt fine....

I will say at least that Omega Squadron Aces, Longshot, and Rivas have essentially not been played. 

I dont think we actually have data on some of the ships below that line. 

right.

 

That being said, I don't think we need to wait for the jury decision on:

Petty Officer Thanisson

Major Stridan

Lieutenant Dormitz

Captain Cardinal

Static

Malarus

Midnight

 

which leaves you with: the i2 and i3 generic FO, longshot, muse, and TN-3465.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've always thought Rivas was underrated. Not sure if the people who took Rivas had the right squad around him or didn't perform well themselves or if Rivas really isn't as great as I originally thought. I guess being i1 has it's problems too. 

Edited by RStan

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Brunas said:

right.

 

That being said, I don't think we need to wait for the jury decision on:

Petty Officer Thanisson

Major Stridan

Lieutenant Dormitz

Captain Cardinal

Static

Malarus

Midnight

 

which leaves you with: the i2 and i3 generic FO, longshot, muse, and TN-3465.

Tn-3465 is fun as ****. Maybe a point overpriced.

Her problem is that she is like Ruthless- Only viable alongside a specific subset of lists: Those that match init with all (or at least most) non-TN-3465 ships, and preferably those that have 3 die primaries.

But primarily she excells at bullying of bad players.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, RStan said:

I've always thought Rivas was underrated. Not sure if the people who took Rivas had the right squad around him or didn't perform well themselves or if Rivas really isn't as great as I originally thought. I guess being i1 has it's problems too. 

Hes good not great and needs something in the squad that likes to target lock which is kinda a problem sometimes. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Boom Owl said:

Hes good not great and needs something in the squad that likes to target lock which is kinda a problem sometimes. 

Not necessarily if enemy ship gains red token from getting stressed from linking or red maneuvers. Or when ships take a disabled token for regening. Nothing amazing, but free locks are cool. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, RStan said:

Not necessarily if enemy ship gains red token from getting stressed from linking or red maneuvers. Or when ships take a disabled token for regening. Nothing amazing, but free locks are cool. 

Yea it comes up naturally to. Useful. Just like Longshot or a Crack Omega Ace.  Nothing spectacular just solid. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
59 minutes ago, RStan said:

I've always thought Rivas was underrated. Not sure if the people who took Rivas had the right squad around him or didn't perform well themselves or if Rivas really isn't as great as I originally thought. I guess being i1 has it's problems too. 

To be fair to Rivas... He does have a 64% winrate with a 33% cutrate. 

With only 42 games total (27 wins), he might be getting dragged down by 1 or 2 terrible results at larger events

Also 53 percentile isn't awful. Poor Ahsoka is in the 70's

Edited by Smikies02

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Rivas is just kind of symptomatic of FO's issue where they're more like five fingers than a fist.  There's no real problem with the individual fingers, they just don't come together.  Rivas, Longshot, to a lesser extent Scorch, none of the really have bad abilities, they just don't really synergize with much in faction which is just and overall theme with FO of very limited synergy.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Brunas said:

right.

 

That being said, I don't think we need to wait for the jury decision on:

Petty Officer Thanisson

Major Stridan

Lieutenant Dormitz

Captain Cardinal

Static

Malarus

Midnight

 

which leaves you with: the i2 and i3 generic FO, longshot, muse, and TN-3465.

Honestly, the list of not trash FOs are really the only ones I'm vaguely interested in.  All of the Upsilons except Tavson going up was a joke.  The cost of the high end FOs is also a joke compared to other factions named cheap ships.  It's like none of the people who make the points ever played FOs.

1 hour ago, Boom Owl said:

Yep. 

What did Commander Malarus do to deserve his fate? To much glitterstim I guess. 

It's like when Han was retconned from being a drug smuggler to being a fuel smuggler, but smuggling that fuel from a drug producing world.  Drugs are bad kids.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, MasterShake2 said:

Rivas is just kind of symptomatic of FO's issue where they're more like five fingers than a fist.  There's no real problem with the individual fingers, they just don't come together.  Rivas, Longshot, to a lesser extent Scorch, none of the really have bad abilities, they just don't really synergize with much in faction which is just and overall theme with FO of very limited synergy.

Maybe if their leader wasnt such a ******, first order would have more synergy.

tumblr_nzsjv0jZYM1siqprbo1_400.gifv

 

Or if FO had a decent working environment that didn't create deserters

tenor.gif

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, RStan said:

Not necessarily if enemy ship gains red token from getting stressed from linking or red maneuvers. Or when ships take a disabled token for regening. Nothing amazing, but free locks are cool. 

Tavson + QuickDraw + Scorch + Rivas

I usually get the red token for Rivas by QD or Tavson locking - that is, unless the enemy stresses them self. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, MasterShake2 said:

Rivas, Longshot, to a lesser extent Scorch, none of the really have bad abilities, they just don't really synergize with much in faction which is just and overall theme with FO of very limited synergy.

I think that Theme and the general lack of Ship to Ship synergy is part of why I like FO so much. I hope FFG preserves that over time. Its interesting when individual pieces dont depend on other pieces for anything ( positioning, mods, combos, w/e ). There is even very minimal upgrade or pilot ability synergy which I absolutely find refreshing. Some exceptions ( namely Burners on Quickdraw, Biohex Tavson, Muse, Optics SFs, Hux, sometimes Fanatical ). Point is the faction feels like "just some ships" the game. Thats true for many of the mid init named pilots and is absolutely true for the generics. Thats unique. 

The Tie FOs (especially the 3 you listed) are cool and useful because they are all kinda "on their own" and fine with it. Same with the SFs despite being the least interesting ship in the faction. 

Edited by Boom Owl

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Boom Owl said:

I think that Theme and the general lack of Ship to Ship synergy is part of why I like FO so much. I hope FFG preserves that over time. Its interesting when individual pieces dont depend on other pieces for anything ( positioning, mods, combos, w/e ). There is even very minimal upgrade or pilot ability synergy which I absolutely find refreshing. Some exceptions ( namely Burners on Quickdraw, Biohex Tavson, Muse, Optics SFs, Hux, sometimes Fanatical ). Point is the faction feels like "just some ships" the game. Thats true for many of the mid init named pilots and is absolutely true for the generics. Thats unique. 

The Tie FOs (especially the 3 you listed) are cool and useful because they are all kinda "on their own" and fine with it. Same with the SFs despite being the least interesting ship in the faction. 

Except they're priced like ships that have more going for them.  For example, Resistance has some helper ships, but you can absolutely make Resistance lists without helper ships, and the good Resistance "solo" ships are so much better priced than FO.  

 

Further elaborating, look at the cheap ships for each faction.  A-wings have the ship abilities to act like pocket aces thanks to linked actions and great action selection.  FOs are slightly cheaper, but lack the maneuverability and time on target, so they necessarily work together (not necessarily in formation).  This makes the abilities the individual pilots have into "nice bonuses" not part of a planned set of tactics.  

Edited by Biophysical

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Biophysical said:

Except they're priced like ships that have more going for them.  For example, Resistance has some helper ships, but you can absolutely make Resistance lists without helper ships, and the good Resistance "solo" ships are so much better priced than FO.  

True. The RZ2A prices in particular. Substantially better time on target at 3 agility for little difference in cost or init (mainly thinking of Greer and Tali here). Though you can fit more FOs in a list which is helpful in its own way. 

Edited by Boom Owl

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Boom Owl said:

True. The RZ2A prices in particular. Substantially better time on target at 3 agility for little difference in cost or init (mainly thinking of Greer and Tali here). Though you can fit more FOs in a list which is helpful in its own way. 

the rza2 As are so much cheaper than every other 2 die ship in the game (at least with boost), and also the only playable ones

 

WEIRD

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...