Jump to content
SaltMaster 5000

Carolina Krayts is the best X-Wing podcast

Recommended Posts

9 hours ago, Boom Owl said:

So here is a difficult question...after Obi-Wan and Plo points are adjusted enough to lose the high ground what do you actually want from the Republic faction?

   

I'd like the generic Jedi 7Bs to be a little more viable, since they fly a lot like the first edition generic Sienar-Jaemus Analysts that were so much fun. The stress from Autothrusters makes generic Silencers fly completely differently.

Edited by apoapsis

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Boom Owl said:

So here is a difficult question...after Obi-Wan and Plo points are adjusted enough to lose the high ground what do you actually want from the Republic faction?

Maybe for the delta-7b title to remove fine-tunes controls?

Jedi have such an incredibly high ceiling in large part because stressless double reposition both lets them design their approach perfectly and keep options wide open after they've seen where you're going.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Ablazoned said:

Maybe for the delta-7b title to remove fine-tunes controls?

Jedi have such an incredibly high ceiling in large part because stressless double reposition both lets them design their approach perfectly and keep options wide open after they've seen where you're going.

This makes so much sense. Would be thematic to. 

Edited by Boom Owl

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, Boom Owl said:

This makes so much sense. Would be thematic to. 

Unfortunately errata are non grata, and  even as errata go this one would be a mess.  Oh, well.  Realistically Jedi with ftc are just really hard to price, especially at i5+ and/or 3 force.

So my real answer to your above question is probably just small bumps to mace, plo, and obi, small drops to the named torrents and see what happens through June.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Boom Owl said:

So here is a difficult question...after Obi-Wan and Plo points are adjusted enough to lose the high ground what do you actually want from the Republic faction?

 

Dedicated

Seventh Fleet Gunner

Commander Cody

CLT

Synchronized Console

 

aka all the cool synergy stuff they have that isn't as good as force charges but is actually super fun

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Brunas said:

Dedicated

Seventh Fleet Gunner

Commander Cody

CLT

Synchronized Console

 

aka all the cool synergy stuff they have that isn't as good as force charges but is actually super fun

Also, Gonk droid in the cockpit of a Ywing blankly staring at mass destruction and mildly commenting “Gonk.”

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Brunas said:

Dedicated

Seventh Fleet Gunner

Commander Cody

CLT

Synchronized Console

 

aka all the cool synergy stuff they have that isn't as good as force charges but is actually super fun

Can confirm that Seventh Fleet Gunner is pretty fun on Broadside that Ioned an enemy ship in the previous turn for Luminara to line up her CLT for the 5 dice attack via 7th Fleet at range 1 plus CLT. 

Edited by RStan

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, LagJanson said:

Also, Gonk droid in the cockpit of a Ywing blankly staring at mass destruction and mildly commenting “Gonk.”

R2- beep beep

Gonk- Gonk

*swelling orchestral music*

*anime flash cut*

*super close up of Gonk*

Gonk- Gonk

*immediate flash to R2*

R2- beep boop

*dramatic music as the Y-Wing flies off*

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Boom Owl said:

So here is a difficult question...after Obi-Wan and Plo points are adjusted enough to lose the high ground what do you actually want from the Republic faction?

clone trooper only lists, lists with clones and 1 jedi (ace squad squad gang gang), viable generic jedi's.

basically: less force, lower initiative 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, PaulRuddSays said:

I’d like to see a list where battle meditation is somehow not complete trash. I think? 

same

Meditation CLT Obi and 3 proton Y-wings fits currently. That could be pretty spooky with 2 of them getting locks at i5 after focusing.

Edited by skotothalamos

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, skotothalamos said:

same

Meditation CLT Obi and 3 proton Y-wings fits currently. That could be pretty spooky with 2 of them getting locks at i5 after focusing.

Obi-Wan Kenobi (47)
Battle Meditation (10)
Calibrated Laser Targeting (4)

Red Squadron Bomber (33)
Proton Torpedoes (13)

Red Squadron Bomber (33)
Proton Torpedoes (13)

Ric Olié (42)
R2 Astromech (4)
Total: 199

Tried it, it's okay, think I would rather just take two arcs though

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, skotothalamos said:

same

Meditation CLT Obi and 3 proton Y-wings fits currently. That could be pretty spooky with 2 of them getting locks at i5 after focusing.

Battle meditation is only +1 coordinated ship, so you don’t get focus/lock for the third. 

23 minutes ago, wurms said:

Obi-Wan Kenobi (47)
Battle Meditation (10)
Calibrated Laser Targeting (4)

Red Squadron Bomber (33)
Proton Torpedoes (13)

Red Squadron Bomber (33)
Proton Torpedoes (13)

Ric Olié (42)
R2 Astromech (4)
Total: 199

Tried it, it's okay, think I would rather just take two arcs though

What was the stumbling point when you ran it? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, wurms said:

Obi-Wan Kenobi (47)
Battle Meditation (10)
Calibrated Laser Targeting (4)

Red Squadron Bomber (33)
Proton Torpedoes (13)

Red Squadron Bomber (33)
Proton Torpedoes (13)

Ric Olié (42)
R2 Astromech (4)
Total: 199

Tried it, it's okay, think I would rather just take two arcs though

Synchronized console does the same thing, except it doesn't cost a force and is about a million points cheaper.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, jagsba said:

lists with clones and 1 jedi (ace squad squad gang gang)

I think those can already happen, but competitively speaking, it doesn't seem like many of the Jedi are good options.  Ahsoka should be one, but she's not.

1 hour ago, jagsba said:

viable generic jedi's

From a gameplay perspective, I agree.  From a fluff perspective, has there ever been a generic jedi?  Jedi #3 in the credits?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, PaulRuddSays said:

Battle meditation is only +1 coordinated ship, so you don’t get focus/lock for the third. 

I guess #3 has to go super-jank and run Plasmas and Ahsoka while dropping Obi down to, like Saesee Tiin or something. Or Plo/Mace without CLT. Yeah, alright, this is turning into "how to make a janky list better by just throwing force at it." mleh.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, gennataos said:

From a gameplay perspective, I agree.  From a fluff perspective, has there ever been a generic jedi?  Jedi #3 in the credits?

Attack of the Clones. They were all named after the movie released and most of the names are no longer Canon.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, PaulRuddSays said:

Battle meditation is only +1 coordinated ship, so you don’t get focus/lock for the third. 

What was the stumbling point when you ran it? 

Obi wasting his action on Ywings instead of focusing. Ywings actually having to kturn, and no mods. It was a mess that did not feel good. Also Obi being tethered to the ywings instead of being able to flank. I was headed right for Wedge Luke and Blount and was like "WTF am I doing"

5 minutes ago, Brunas said:

Synchronized console does the same thing, except it doesn't cost a force and is about a million points cheaper.

Agreed. I use it on ARCs

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
55 minutes ago, gennataos said:

I think those can already happen, but competitively speaking, it doesn't seem like many of the Jedi are good options.  Ahsoka should be one, but she's not.

feels more like lists with 2-3 jedi and Ric are more popular, but worlds results with a jedi and some support looked neat. I'm scared of Ahsoka being good, she's hella punchy.

55 minutes ago, gennataos said:

From a gameplay perspective, I agree.  From a fluff perspective, has there ever been a generic jedi?  Jedi #3 in the credits?

Image result for geonosis jedi

I mean, its star wars, so I'm sure every jedi in this fight has a name and backstory and a reason why they were carrying an ice cream maker.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, jagsba said:

feels more like lists with 2-3 jedi and Ric are more popular, but worlds results with a jedi and some support looked neat. I'm scared of Ahsoka being good, she's hella punchy.

Image result for geonosis jedi

I mean, its star wars, so I'm sure every jedi in this fight has a name and backstory and a reason why they were carrying an ice cream maker.

 

Half of the backstories are just "I hate sand"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...