SaltMaster 5000

Carolina Krayts is the best X-Wing podcast

6 hours ago, catachanninja said:

I'm not sure how much you're getting from sense kylo and light midnight. Midnight absolutely needs some action helping 

Often not much, but when you come up against a ship or two moving after Kylo it's very valuable. 

In other lists it works wonders with low I blockers 

7 hours ago, wurms said:

My favorite Midnight build is Predator,Pattern Analyzer,Afterburners

Build him like a true ace. Still cheap. Burn by enemy, setup lock. Turn around, focus, kill.

Midnight ain't cheap even while naked and you are loading her with 13 points of upgrade, how can you say "still cheap"?

3 hours ago, Sunitsa said:

Midnight ain't cheap even while naked and you are loading her with 13 points of upgrade, how can you say "still cheap"?

I6 ace for 56pts. Same cost as a soontir. Same repositioning ability as vader. And ability is nuts and worth every point when flown right

1 hour ago, jagsba said:

Not a turret as written

A lot of those positions sacrifice dice mods, though.  Time on target is great but it means less if you are modless against modded defenders.

Which is just a reminder of how oppressive time on target plus mods can feel.

1 hour ago, Ablazoned said:

A lot of those positions sacrifice dice mods, though.  Time on target is great but it means less if you are modless against modded defenders.

Errata (since rules reference 1.0.2): removed "you may gain 1 stress token. If you do,"

2 hours ago, Ablazoned said:

RZ2s and boba Fett. Famous for not having ways to get mods and a boost

A little late, but i heard an interesting quote from one of the ubisoft devs assigned to rainbow six siege "we care more about player frustration than having a perfectly balanced game, we are trying more to manage frustration rather than win deltas."   The quote came from the hot breach podcast, but the whole interview is on youtube as well. The quote is from about 69:30.  I think it's pretty relevant to our x wing conversations, because people don't always realize that that the two concepts aren't married.

7 minutes ago, catachanninja said:

A little late, but i heard an interesting quote from one of the ubisoft devs assigned to rainbow six siege "we care more about player frustration than having a perfectly balanced game, we are trying more to manage frustration rather than win deltas."   The quote came from the hot breach podcast, but the whole interview is on youtube as well. The quote is from about 69:30.  I think it's pretty relevant to our x wing conversations, because people don't always realize that that the two concepts aren't married.

Or in Xwing terms: NPE is not the same as OP. Not that that's better understood, anyway.

9 minutes ago, gadwag said:

I too hate it when my opponent's ships are shooting me with modified dice.

shooting me constantly with modded dice, sometimes you're just trading shots with your opponent while you get to a meaningful position. It's frustrating when your opponent gets to shoot you constantly with no consequence and you don't even get to shoot back. It feels much less bad when your opponent has to choose between shooting you and mods, which is why i'm not terribly upset by the fake turrets. 

22 minutes ago, catachanninja said:

shooting me constantly with modded dice, sometimes you're just trading shots with your opponent while you get to a meaningful position. It's frustrating when your opponent gets to shoot you constantly with no consequence and you don't even get to shoot back. It feels much less bad when your opponent has to choose between shooting you and mods, which is why i'm not terribly upset by the fake turrets. 

Definitely, of the following possible situations:  

1.)  "I can threaten the ship into not attacking me."

2.)  "I can threaten the ship into not attacking me with with modded dice."

3.)  "The ship gets modified dice no matter what but I get to trade shots."

4.)  "The ship gets modified dice every turn and my ships have to work hard to get quality shots every turn."

1.) is ideal, 2.) is fine, 3.) can be frustrating to certain squads but probably isn't a huge problem, but 4.) sucks to play against with almost every squad.  

Edited by Biophysical

23 minutes ago, Brunas said:

http://advancedtargeting.computer is up now - could use comments/criticism!

For instance, Chico definitly would have put a note next to the unique upgrades that appear in multiple factions to denote faction or at leas slot, so that I don't have to check for art cues when looking at things like c3p0 Han.

14 minutes ago, catachanninja said:

For instance, Chico definitly would have put a note next to the unique upgrades that appear in multiple factions to denote faction or at leas slot, so that I don't have to check for art cues when looking at things like c3p0 Han.

I think I'm going to put faction on upgrades in general.  What I'm not sure on is, when you search "rebel" on upgrades, should every upgrade rebels can equip be displayed, or upgrades only rebels can equip show up?