SaltMaster 5000

Carolina Krayts is the best X-Wing podcast

5 minutes ago, Boom Owl said:

yea, messed with that on vassal already. helps a bit. roll fail focus evade. 

Lone Wolf is very helpful to. 

Daredevil also seems unironically neat, too bad token stacking is a good strategy.

26 minutes ago, Boom Owl said:

I dont think Vonreg has that much in common with Soontir besides being i6 and having the same ship model. 

Soontir is a Baron. I'm not 100% sure, but Baron Vonreg (sub title, the red baron) flying the Tie/baron might be a Baron as well. Not sure.

Some notes from awhile back.

Tie/ba interceptor ship ability- Fine Tuned Thrusters: After you fully execute a maneuver, if you are not depleted or strained, you may gain 1 deplete or strain token to perform a lock or barrel roll action.

• Testing Notes
    • Lock Focus is Pretty Good
    • Deplete is great when disengaging/not shooting
    • Strain is a dangerous choice in combat, "limits" dial and repositions next turn if not targeted
      • 1hard, 1bank, 2bank, 2 straight, 3 straight, 4 straight
    • No Boost+ Action requires some thought ( Roll Boost Only with no Mods )
      • Does not require a stress token if you defend
      • If you dont defend red turns are still open to you
    • Single or No Reposition if you want to use it well
      • Afterburners, Fanatical, open things up slightly
    • Defensively vulnerable. Composure helps. Lone Wolf helps.
    • If you dont take a strain/deplete for the Lock its still a 3 dice focus attack ship...
    • Ordinance might be helpful if you choose deplete probably
    • Yolo Rock Lock or Roll, thats bull ****. 
    • "Fully" Execute words thank god 
    • Vonreg Dishing out Depletes/Strain is good control. System Phase though which is weird as ****.
    • If you attack the strained target, the strain clears. If you dont it "functions" like a Stress Token which is solid.
    • This thing is excellent as a flanker. Once you setup the lock. Barrel Roll + Focus allows great options.
    • Medium & Big Bases arent gonna be huge fans of Vonregs Pilot Ability
    • The i3-i5 ships are arguably the most interesting. 
    • Its frustrating that there isnt an i1 or i2 generic. 
    • Unseen Upgrade options are probably the enemy.

• Other Notes
    • 60-68 pts ( 1 pt under 201 for Kylo QD + Vonreg )
    • 6667 - Vonreg, QD, Midnight, Null ( if 65ish )
    • Full Mod Proton Rockets Seem Gud
    • Ace + 3 i3s mightf be a thing
    • Kylo + 2 named should definitely probably be a thing
    • The i5  might be the best one - Ability says must transfer token (strain/deplete or focus) at specific range ( stay far away, keep your tokens ). Why nantex no work like this?
    • New Kylo Missile ( 2x Panic Pilot Stress, 1 Jam, 1 Deplete ) Good Luck Have No Fun. 
Edited by Boom Owl

12 minutes ago, MasterShake2 said:

Clearly CIS is the only honest faction...now if you excuse me, I'm going to chill on this rock not executing maneuvers for the rest of the game

I can't gauge the level of irony here but if we've somehow arrived at "CIS are fortressing on rocks" as a take that people think is serious we have gone completely off the ranch

3 minutes ago, svelok said:

I can't gauge the level of irony here but if we've somehow arrived at "CIS are fortressing on rocks" as a take that people think is serious we have gone completely off the ranch

You must first realize there is no ranch...

Being serious, it was just a dig that CIS are definitely not an "honest" faction for a variety of reasons (I haven't actually fortressed on rocks or seen anyone try it yet, but I have had droids spend 90+% of game not executing manevuers)

20 minutes ago, svelok said:

I am aware of 1 person at worls who's droid strategy was this.

4 minutes ago, catachanninja said:

I almost want to take a hull and fanatical on these things just to increase the time i have where fanatical is on but the ship is not on fire.

Thats part of why i ended up moving from fanatical to crackshot with the Tie FOs. At low hp counts you tend to only use it once or not at all anyway. 

5 minutes ago, Boom Owl said:

Thats part of why i ended up moving from fanatical to crackshot with the Tie FOs. At low hp counts you tend to only use it once or not at all anyway. 

Hull Fanatical midnight was one of my early darlings when we got FO, im suprised that didn't catch on more with kylo tavson, especially after wave 3 hit. I still think it's got legs but i do not have the motivation to try and prove anything anymore

2 hours ago, Brunas said:

Is it relatively straightforward to extend that to get the avg number of force users per list in there, instead of a binary yes/no?

E.g. instead of 56% of lists having a force user, every list has an average of .X force users.

Average # of ships per list [X] multiplied by percentage of total lists that have a force user [Y] = roughly what you're after

7 minutes ago, catachanninja said:

Hull Fanatical midnight was one of my early darlings when we got FO, im suprised that didn't catch on more with kylo tavson, especially after wave 3 hit. I still think it's got legs but i do not have the motivation to try and prove anything anymore

Midnight is one of the pieces I've also tried a bit and thought it should be a good meta call, but not enough to confidently take it to anything outside of kit nights. Telling force users they can go suck it is pretty great. 

3 minutes ago, RStan said:

Midnight is one of the pieces I've also tried a bit and thought it should be a good meta call, but not enough to confidently take it to anything outside of kit nights. Telling force users they can go suck it is pretty great. 

she Needs a coordinate caddy so she has lock and her own modifier on the first turn of combat, that or maybe lone wolf is the right answer. No shed tears for the token banking tech slots not making it to 2e though.

1 minute ago, catachanninja said:

she Needs a coordinate caddy so she has lock and her own modifier on the first turn of combat, that or maybe lone wolf is the right answer. No shed tears for the token banking tech slots not making it to 2e though.

Last time I was considering building a list with Midnight, Lone Wolf was my first upgrade with Afterburners or Pattern Analyzer next up as options I'd highly consider. 

14 minutes ago, catachanninja said:

Glad someone else sees value in midnight to. Even fanatical optics still puts some work in. Real consistent threat. Trick is finding beef matchup answers with the rest of the list. And actively ignoring ensnares existence ( which ends almost every sentence about xwing these days for some reason ).

17 minutes ago, Boom Owl said:

Glad someone else sees value in midnight to. Even fanatical optics still puts some work in. Real consistent threat. Trick is finding beef matchup answers with the rest of the list. And actively ignoring ensnares existence ( which ends almost every sentence about xwing these days for some reason ).

Wouldn't double silencers with ordinance wrap up that Midnight squad nicely?

___

Midnight

(43) "Midnight" [TIE/fo Fighter]
(7) Hull Upgrade
(2) Fanatical
(4) Advanced Optics

(57) "Avenger" [TIE/vn Silencer]
(1) Marksmanship
(13) Proton Torpedoes

(58) "Recoil" [TIE/vn Silencer]
(1) Marksmanship
(13) Proton Torpedoes

Total points: 199

35 minutes ago, Bucknife said:

Wouldn't double silencers with ordinance wrap up that Midnight squad nicely?

___

Midnight

(43) "Midnight" [TIE/fo Fighter]
(7) Hull Upgrade
(2) Fanatical
(4) Advanced Optics

(57) "Avenger" [TIE/vn Silencer]
(1) Marksmanship
(13) Proton Torpedoes

(58) "Recoil" [TIE/vn Silencer]
(1) Marksmanship
(13) Proton Torpedoes

Total points: 199

Those are both odd ways to spell Kylo? 

I want non-Kylo silencers to be good, but I just don’t see it or feel it at current costs. SJE at 50 almost seems OK to me?

2 hours ago, Boom Owl said:

I dont think Vonreg has that much in common with Soontir besides being i6 and having the same ship model. 
Fewer reposition options, and substantially more vulnerability to blocks.
Plays like a slightly more mobile i6 forceless inquisitor that can focus lock. 

Yeah, it's totally the upgraded v1 (minus force users). 

-Same hull/shield

-Upgraded v1 dial (swap 2 Trolls for 2 Sloops, 4k for 5k, add blue 2 banks and 4 straight) 

-Lowest pilot @ I3

1 hour ago, catachanninja said:

I've been flying a bit of Kylo, Tavson and Midnight. Currently Kylo has Sense + AO, Tavson has Phasma and Midnight only has CS. Was running Midnight with CS & Afterburners (no AO on Kylo) and that did help but I'm finding that Midnight still wasn't doing too much. 

He ends up being an annoyance who can occasionally put through plink damage, Kylo and Tavson were the ones really putting in work. 

2 hours ago, svelok said:

The best use isn't fortressing, it's making obstacle fields not matter / increasing time on target / increasing action economy since you aren't risking bumps etc. Struts are stupid good for 1 point - it's only the sheer squishiness of the Vulture platform that makes them remotely fine.

6 hours ago, Deffly said:

I've been flying a bit of Kylo, Tavson and Midnight. Currently Kylo has Sense + AO, Tavson has Phasma and Midnight only has CS. Was running Midnight with CS & Afterburners (no AO on Kylo) and that did help but I'm finding that Midnight still wasn't doing too much. 

He ends up being an annoyance who can occasionally put through plink damage, Kylo and Tavson were the ones really putting in work. 

I'm not sure how much you're getting from sense kylo and light midnight. Midnight absolutely needs some action helping