SaltMaster 5000

Carolina Krayts is the best X-Wing podcast

52 minutes ago, MasterShake2 said:

If it was a simple matter of calculation, they could've arrived at the solution significantly faster, but the realization that it was just a blind guess and there was no demonstrably correct solution or even a "correct enough" solution was actually the source of the problem.  Players feeling like they're just taking shots in the dark or everything is luck based is another negative factor that can influence engagement.

So you're saying that having a higher ps with double reposition and perfect game knowledge can't get you out of every situation?

Interesting.

3 hours ago, MasterShake2 said:

The Nantex, one of the weirdest phenomenon that I was trying to explain was an inverted decision paralysis curve.  It's very common among newer players and usually decreases significantly with experience.  the Nantex was actually doing the opposite....

This.

And I pondered the exact same dilemma, and is why I have yet to purchase one; though its upside in a small swarm plus ace seems incredibly enticing... but enticing akin to something like heroin, which, on any given day, could simply kill you.

2 hours ago, Tlfj200 said:

FO players aren't really people

This kinda hurts.... though arguably true.

Apparently there were 210 Vulture droids at worlds...neat.  Also, despite only being usable by 1 ship and only half of those ships taking it, Grappling Struts was still the second most common upgrade.

https://www.fantasyflightgames.com/en/news/2019/10/30/the-royal-award-ceremony/

Edited by MasterShake2

21 hours ago, Jeff Wilder said:

Assuming you knew the time constraints, just stipulate whichever (obstructed or not) is less favorable for you, just to move on.

This, I've given up a few close calls when another turn has more value than getting a single call in your favor.

54 minutes ago, Boom Owl said:

8dED6Hu.png

First Order Players: 

F6EPI1y.png

Man, I'm glad the resistance and rebels don't just have color swaps of the same insignia, otherwise, it'd be real hard to tell them apart in a color scheme like this.

Page 2! Blasphemy! 

What list, pilot(s), and/or upgrade(s) either used or discussed in conversion at worlds have gained your attention enough to put on the table now? Whether for fun or to test for serious competitive use?

- Luminara w/ Chopper

- Jan Ors w/ Moldy Crow

- Nien Nunb w/ Black One, Static Discharge Vanes, PA, & Foils

Edited by RStan

14 minutes ago, RStan said:

Page 2! Blasphemy! 

What list, pilot(s), and/or upgrade(s) either used or discussed in conversion at worlds have gained your attention enough to put on the table now? Whether for fun or to test for serious competitive use?

- Luminara w/ Chopper

- Jan Ors w/ Moldy Crow

2-3x Ensnare, Berwer, Chopper, Foresight, Snap Shot, Precog, Passive Sensors, Delayed Fuses, Electro Proton Bombs. 

Edited by Boom Owl

9 minutes ago, RStan said:

Page 2! Blasphemy! 

- Luminara w/ Chopper

- Jan Ors w/ Moldy Crow

- Nien Nunb w/ Black One, Static Discharge Vanes and PA

I'm staring much harder at discord missiles, and chertek (not necessarily connected).

Edited by Tlfj200

54 minutes ago, RStan said:

Diet Super Luke (precog) seems to be flying under the radar.

3 minutes ago, Tsavong said:

Diet Super Luke (precog) seems to be flying under the radar.

@RStan alex handed us two lists before worlds, the one nathan and @Micanthropyre flew, and 7b obi, 7b pl, chopper lumi. I like that second one alot better though it has a much more terrifying matchup vs sun fac. I had to cancel my l5r worlds trip, but that freed up crossroads time, so the top things on my list are to continue practicing Alexs 3 aether build or some sort of han luke. I see alot of swarms and alot of things that move late, so Han seems like a really good call right now. 

1 hour ago, RStan said:

Page 2! Blasphemy! 

- Luminara w/ Chopper

- Jan Ors w/ Moldy Crow

Vulture Droid w/ Crackshot

6 minutes ago, catachanninja said:

I feel ya, that's why i made that handy arm band  guide for krayt cup to help me remember when to han

I might need to do that, I blanked out a few times and I didn't know what I should do 🤔🤔🤔