SaltMaster 5000

Carolina Krayts is the best X-Wing podcast

14 hours ago, skotothalamos said:

Purple actions are inherently bad. Just look at Vader. Almost all of his actions are purple.

Huh I’m sure somebody has suggested it but maybe the Actis will just have it’s repositions link into purple evades? Would that be terrible or broken? Seems like a decent way to make it dodgy and differentiate from the Aethersprite?

I’d definitely like to see Purple linkes actions, one way or another.

35 minutes ago, Ablazoned said:

That's fair.  I plan on changing the threshold from "no one got 200 points" to "winner only won by x points and the loser still had firepower left", where x is 20, 30, whatever.  But it's incremental.

@Hiemfire relevant to you too. A few others have noted that the 200 is the easiest way to determine that. I'm not even sure there's a way to determine just by glancing at the numerical scoresheet if you can determine weather or not a game had a clean resolution just by glancing at point differential, especially in a half points world. 

Also FO only has 2 out of 7 good matchups (scum and resistance), but crushes those so hard it still has a good win rate even while getting dumpstered by CIS and Republic.  This actually explains a lot because I've never found myself caring about FO despite people claiming they're good, and it looks like both of us are right depending on matchups...

Q: Can Snap Shot or Foresight be chosen as a special weapon to be used for a ship's attack during the Engagement Phase?

A: Yes. The phrase "after an enemy ship executes a maneuver, you may perform this attack against it as a bonus attack" allows the attack to be used as a bonus attack under the specified circumstances, but does not disqualify it from being used during the Engagement Phase.

On 10/23/2019 at 9:34 AM, skotothalamos said:

I'm assuming enforcement at the world championship is rules as intended, yes.

Either that or they have a different communication problem.

Couldn't be that, right?

4 minutes ago, Tlfj200 said:

Q: Can Snap Shot or Foresight be chosen as a special weapon to be used for a ship's attack during the Engagement Phase?

A: Yes. The phrase "after an enemy ship executes a maneuver, you may perform this attack against it as a bonus attack" allows the attack to be used as a bonus attack under the specified circumstances, but does not disqualify it from being used during the Engagement Phase.

Neat, TAPs with 2 force charges sometimes. 

2 minutes ago, skotothalamos said:

I guess everyone can put those Genius pitchforks from last January away now.

Just now, Tlfj200 said:

I mean, the answer should be there is communication, especially at worlds.

This is not a bright timeline :( 

Wait, I mean, clearly FFG supports mobile fortressing.

And since they do, the krayts are in the lab, removing the "mobile" part. We got you, x-wing community.

8 hours ago, Biophysical said:

SHIPS I LIKE #2, THE TIE DEFENDER

picks up pitchfork

This article title is a lie.  I don't like the TIE/Defender. 

puts pitchfork back down