SaltMaster 5000

Carolina Krayts is the best X-Wing podcast

Just now, DoubleDown11 said:

If Biophysical is going to post on his great blog, then by god, I'll have to post on my crappy one.

https://xwingontherocks.blogspot.com/2019/10/from-imdaar-with-love.html

TIE Phantoms are basically as wholesome as healthy and productive lifestyle choices right?

I don't judge Phantoms, I just wouldn't trust them with my kids is all

29 minutes ago, DoubleDown11 said:

If Biophysical is going to post on his great blog, then by god, I'll have to post on my crappy one.

https://xwingontherocks.blogspot.com/2019/10/from-imdaar-with-love.html

TIE Phantoms are basically as wholesome as healthy and productive lifestyle choices right?

I still kinda think the only reason folks aren't flying Phantoms is they got bored of them.

Like, would 4 Crack Shot Sigmas even be that bad?  Highly mobile, with Init 4 Crack Shots.  It it as good as Juke was?  Surely not, but it's almost surely not unplayable.

6 minutes ago, theBitterFig said:

I still kinda think the only reason folks aren't flying Phantoms is they got bored of them.

Like, would 4 Crack Shot Sigmas even be that bad?  Highly mobile, with Init 4 Crack Shots.  It it as good as Juke was?  Surely not, but it's almost surely not unplayable.

@Kaptin Krunch

1 minute ago, theBitterFig said:

Imdaars + Ace is actually pretty fun to fly. Not quite as fun as Echo, but Phantoms are pretty interesting, especially against strong opponents where you can't (or shouldn't) just candycane over and over. 

I would also say that one of the biggest mistakes my opponents would make was to look at my list and interpret it as Quad Phantoms and proceed accordingly. Imdaars + Whisper might have four Phantoms in it, but it is a totally different animal than Quad Phantoms, is less reliant on focusing fire to ensure Juke value, is more willing to split everything apart, etc. It's almost just incidental that Whisper is a Phantom, if I felt more comfortable with Soontir and didn't think people would just murder him right away, he'd probably be the fourth ship here.

Quad Phantoms also hasn't really been a thing for months now, which is why it is still sort of surprising when I see the reactions I do when I sit down across from someone with this list. It's basically a coin flip between "ooh, that's still a thing?" and "ugh, that's still a thing." My would-be opponent before the round 6 re-pairing at Worlds 1A seemed absolutely elated when it turned out she didn't have to play against them, which hurt the Imdaars feelings.

Quad I4 Crack Sigmas is probably fine, but doesn't exploit how underpriced the Imdaar is. I'm sure it still can win plenty of games though. Nantexes, Energy Shells, and Concussion Missile Inqs will remain a big problem, although at least with the I4's you can initiative kill Separatist Drones and Inqs.

12 hours ago, Brunas said:

2. i never want to see a match slip again in my life.  I'm halfway through round 2 of 1B and done with 1A, so almost there.  If anyone knows who is filling out https://listfortress.com/tournaments/1206 you can tell them to save the work - I should be done by this weekend uploading it will full standings for everyone including drops, and full matchups as well.

Haha, this was me. Never mind. If you need a hand with filling in anything let me know!

4 minutes ago, apoapsis said:

Haha, this was me. Never mind. If you need a hand with filling in anything let me know!

Hey, thanks for starting it! I stole some of your name spellings, because I have no idea what's going on for a lot of these names...

3 minutes ago, Brunas said:

Hey, thanks for starting it! I stole some of your name spellings, because I have no idea what's going on for a lot of these names...

I have photos of the combined standings if you're missing those?

24 minutes ago, apoapsis said:

I have photos of the combined standings if you're missing those?

Oh I do, i just mean some of the names in there came out super jarbled, and I had some typos and yours looked more correct than mine.

...I just took the combined standings home with me. Ask for forgiveness, not permission right? ūüėČ

13 minutes ago, gennataos said:

Those Worlds T-70 dial covers.  If you know someone who will relinquish any, I'm right here, awaiting negotiations.

We need dial covers on the prize walls of SOS. Or at least, we wants more of them, precious, especially come time for the LAAT or the TIE/ba.