SaltMaster 5000

Carolina Krayts is the best X-Wing podcast

4 minutes ago, Bucknife said:

Definitely. 

That Matchstick made a Luke very very sad two games earlier. 

No one is safe.....

I only said maybe because I figured if that happened, some sort of karmic force would have erased what little paint I did find on my dice during that match.  ;)

10 hours ago, FlyingAnchors said:

So did anyone play the side event with the chess clock? How did that go? Good? Bad? Dumpster fire? 

It was... okay

First round took like 2 hours with a TIE swarm playing. I had lunch and watched my friend play in Worlds while I waited the 1.5 hours from the end of my 7-Nantex game to the beginning of round 2.

They adjusted the clock down to 25 minutes per player for round 2 and I was so stressed from frantically doing everything that I dropped after that round. I lost with under 5 minutes left on my clock.

A friend trolled 5 A-Wings with the Grand Inquisitor. Down to 2 or 3 a-wings vs his half health Inqy, he just went fast and evaded until the a-wing clock ran out to get a win in a game he had lost by mov.

46 minutes ago, Darth Seridur said:

Saw somewhere that there might have been a World's Ruling about Foresight that went against what the community has come to believe about that card.

Anyone able to shed some light on this?

I think @Boom Owl Had a game where a judge ruled you can't use it in the engagement as an attack.

Was that "official" or a bad judge call?

Presumably, the marshall was asked to confirm that ruling by the player getting ruled against. As it goes against how we thought it worked.

[No issues for me. Not put Foresight on the table yet. Just interested, and considering what Plo builds to try out post Worlds.]

Edited by Darth Seridur

1 hour ago, Darth Seridur said:

Was that "official" or a bad judge call?

Presumably, the marshall was asked to confirm that ruling by the player getting ruled against. As it goes against how we thought it worked.

[No issues for me. Not put Foresight on the table yet. Just interested, and considering what Plo builds to try out post Worlds.]

At one point they announced that at this tournament (it was during side event tho) Forsight works RAI so no use in shooting phase. It wasn't single bad judge call but judge consensus on this particular tournament. 

4 hours ago, skotothalamos said:

It was... okay

First round took like 2 hours with a TIE swarm playing. I had lunch and watched my friend play in Worlds while I waited the 1.5 hours from the end of my 7-Nantex game to the beginning of round 2.

They adjusted the clock down to 25 minutes per player for round 2 and I was so stressed from frantically doing everything that I dropped after that round. I lost with under 5 minutes left on my clock.

A friend trolled 5 A-Wings with the Grand Inquisitor. Down to 2 or 3 a-wings vs his half health Inqy, he just went fast and evaded until the a-wing clock ran out to get a win in a game he had lost by mov.

Yikes.

well it sounded like it was at least educational. 

3 hours ago, Darth Seridur said:

Saw somewhere that there might have been a World's Ruling about Foresight that went against what the community has come to believe about that card.

Does it matter? Judges won’t use world’s precedence anymore unless it fits their wants. 

(Half trolling/half serious, today has been a long day)

4 hours ago, Darth Seridur said:

It just so happens I was at a side event table when one of the judges went around telling all that the world's judges had collectively ruled that foresight and snap shot could not be used during engagement and only after a manuver was completed. (You know, like the card literally says) And to spread the word to all our local judges and TOs. It just so happened we had three TOs from two countries at that table and he was ecstatic. Our local guys have already posted this on the local discord.

1 hour ago, Oldpara said:

At one point they announced that at this tournament (it was during side event tho) Forsight works RAI so no use in shooting phase. It wasn't single judge call but judge consensus on this particular tournament. 

This.   The Head Judge made the determination that Foresight (and Snap Shot) are not valid to be chosen during the engagement phase.  This ruling was based on the Head Judges understanding of the rules and the intent of Snap Shot / Foresight.  If you disagree, I'd recommend submitting a rules question to the rules question form found here: https://www.fantasyflightgames.com/en/contact/rules/

55 minutes ago, Quack Shot said:

Does it matter? Judges won’t use world’s precedence anymore unless it fits their wants. 

It doesn't, this is correct.  like 7 judges will change their mind based on worlds, and 4 of them will have been there.

Funnily enough, this ruling isn't the ruling about foresight that got the angriest response IIRC.

3 hours ago, Darth Seridur said:

Not put Foresight on the table yet. Just interested, and considering what Plo builds to try out post Worlds.

Having tried it as something that can be used during engagement, I'd recommend skipping it, it's not great.  Snap Shot may be a different story, but foresights a skip.

4 hours ago, Dr Moneypants said:

It just so happens I was at a side event table when one of the judges went around telling all that the world's judges had collectively ruled that foresight and snap shot could not be used during engagement and only after a manuver was completed. (You know, like the card literally says) And to spread the word to all our local judges and TOs. It just so happened we had three TOs from two countries at that table and he was ecstatic. Our local guys have already posted this on the local discord.

All makes sense. And the engagement phase thing always seemed a touch "bending the rules". Will do my best to spread the word.

Edited by Darth Seridur

1 hour ago, skotothalamos said:

Some day, they will learn how to write cards so they say how they actually work. 

you're assuming the devs didn't actually write it as intended...?

What if they did intend for it to be a secondary weapon as well?

19 minutes ago, Tlfj200 said:

you're assuming the devs didn't actually write it as intended...?

What if they did intend for it to be a secondary weapon as well?

I'm assuming enforcement at the world championship is rules as intended, yes.

Either that or they have a different communication problem.

Couldn't be that, right?

3 minutes ago, skotothalamos said:

I'm assuming enforcement at the world championship is rules as intended, yes.

Either that or they have a different communication problem.

Couldn't be that, right?

Could you imagine if the devs and the marshal didn't discuss rulings beforehand?

That'd be really insane and stupid, right?