SaltMaster 5000

Carolina Krayts is the best X-Wing podcast

21 minutes ago, MasterShake2 said:

A friend who top 16ed last Worlds is playing in the LCQ. He's played a combined 6 Nantexes in only 3 rounds.

I'm kinda happy to hear this, actually. 

I hope there's a whole bunch at worlds, because with all the hype, I want to know if it really IS the best ship in the game. 

27 minutes ago, Bucknife said:

I'm kinda happy to hear this, actually. 

I hope there's a whole bunch at worlds, because with all the hype, I want to know if it really IS the best ship in the game. 

It’s not. It’s just the least fun to play against.

Edited by LagJanson

1 hour ago, PaulRuddSays said:

Can you actually read anything useful in that? 

I can read it if I zoom in, but I know sometimes imgur gets wonky and tries to helpfully compress images on mobile etc, so YMMV.

16 minutes ago, doweaver said:

I can read it if I zoom in, but I know sometimes imgur gets wonky and tries to helpfully compress images on mobile etc, so YMMV.

I could read enough to see names below the cut which surprise the **** out of me.  

44 minutes ago, doweaver said:

Ah, I’m on mobile, that might be the issue. All of the lists were complete blurs, so I’ll have to check it out on laptop later. 

28 minutes ago, gennataos said:

I could read enough to see names below the cut which surprise the **** out of me.  

Like who? 

24 minutes ago, PaulRuddSays said:

I unironically thought I saw Travis’ name in the middle of the list that made it. On the one hand, sad, on the other hand, my betting line looks better...? 

There was a Travis “A Johnson” Johnson at 2-4, can not confirm if it was a Travis “The Johnson” Johnson. 

Edited by AEIllingworth

5 hours ago, doweaver said:

Shout-out to whoever took this photo: https://i.imgur.com/1UcBU3v.jpg

wait, are you tell me that the LCQ cut is 128 people so you could qualify for worlds by doing 3-3?

lol what a joke

EDIT: there's even a poor soul that didn't make it because strenght of schedule....

Edited by Sunitsa

16 hours ago, Cuz05 said:

It's a puzzle.

"Interesting puzzle" is what they call lists that are not fun for most players. I'd rather continue with the rock, paper, scissors, lizard, Spock game than have it boiled down to a puzzle/solution meta.

They'll let it exist just long enough to sell most of their Nantex stock then we'll see it shoved out of the way for the next really fun and incredibly engaging puzzle.

15 minutes ago, Sunitsa said:

wait, are you tell me that the LCQ cut is 128 people so you could qualify for worlds by doing 3-3?

lol what a joke

EDIT: there's even a poor soul that didn't make it because strenght of schedule....

In the context that people had to qualify at other events, yeah, it's kind of dumb.  To be fair, though, some trials were ridiculously small.  I know of one person who won two games in swiss and made top table in two different tiny trials.

In the context of previous years where pretty much anyone could show up and play at worlds, it's actually an improvement on "having to earn their way".

Edited by gennataos

11 minutes ago, ConspiracyTheorist said:

"Interesting puzzle" is what they call lists that are not fun for most players. I'd rather continue with the rock, paper, scissors, lizard, Spock game than have it boiled down to a puzzle/solution meta.

Don't kid yourself. There were plenty of lists deemed "interesting puzzles" before too.