SaltMaster 5000

Carolina Krayts is the best X-Wing podcast

15 minutes ago, ConspiracyTheorist said:

Explain this to me like I'm 12.

"A requirement for an ability is a conditional if-statement"

"If an ability instruct you to make a choice, such as choosing a ship, that is not itself a requirement to initiate an ability."

How does one parse Old Teroch? It has a non requirement prior to a requirement?

"At the start of the Engagement Phase, you may choose 1 enemy ship at range 1. If you do and you are in its , it removes all of its green tokens."

The only "if" on Teroch's card refers to your choice. 

You can't make that choice until the ability resolves off the queue.

Therefore, his ability is always added to the queue, and when it resolves, the owner may choose 1 enemy ship at range 1.

at that time, the condition for "if you do" is satisfied (or not) and the effect resolves by either removing all of that ship's green tokens or by doing nothing.

Edited by skotothalamos

2 minutes ago, GreenDragoon said:

Just played a game with 5 strikers. And man, it was so wholesome and so much fun! Against some wholesome rebel list (wedge ten jam dutch). I needed that. 5/7 can recommend

Yeah, I played two games on Thursday - my two Delta Defenders and Maarek against Thane, Gavin, Arvel, and Blount -- that were just plain fun.

We competitive X-Wing players deliberately hammer our own thumbs a lot.

2 hours ago, Jeff Wilder said:

Yeah, I played two games on Thursday - my two Delta Defenders and Maarek against Thane, Gavin, Arvel, and Blount -- that were just plain fun.

I had a real bad run of tournament luck and brought two defenders and Major Rhymer to a casual night at my flgs. I had a blast! It was just what I needed to clear my palette and my head. And man I didn't realize a lot 2.0 guys have never seen Defenders before.  I tried to warn them how hard it is to get damage through....

Edited by Dr Moneypants
*warn... Not earn

3 hours ago, Jeff Wilder said:

I've loved Delta Defenders (usually with a Palp-mobile) since day 1 of 2nd edition.  Literally the first list I flew.  Not too exciting, but enjoyable.

1 hour ago, LagJanson said:

I flew six sick scyks... each with an ion cannon. Oh, your droids will not be operational when my friends arrive... That player had questionable amounts of fun...

Fett on the other hand went to town and showed me the error of my ways.

No you're supposed to discuss how much fun you had with utter disregard to how your opponent felt. 

32 minutes ago, jagsba said:

No you're supposed to discuss how much fun you had with utter disregard to how your opponent felt. 

I thought I did.

1 hour ago, LagJanson said:

I flew six sick scyks... each with an ion cannon. Oh, your droids will not be operational when my friends arrive... That player had questionable amounts of fun...

3 minutes ago, LagJanson said:

I thought I did.

That player had questionable amounts of fun...

Thats the bit that's unacceptable, it shows you thought about how your opponent felt playing against your list. You're supposed to say "that were just plain fun." " I had a blast!"

3 hours ago, jagsba said:

Thats the bit that's unacceptable, it shows you thought about how your opponent felt playing against your list. You're supposed to say "that were just plain fun." " I had a blast!"

Seriously though, there are two different games that are played, and it feels unfair when they are mixed.

It is so refreshing not to care about the rules mess that is currently going in. None of it mattered. The trickiest interaction was loose stabilizer and adaptive ailerons!