SaltMaster 5000

Carolina Krayts is the best X-Wing podcast

Posted (edited)
44 minutes ago, player3010587 said:

Eyyyy. Don't diss Broadside like that. He's the best Republic Y Wing. With the ion buff and a built in better version of advanced optics, he has to be considered for filler within the ARC cost bracket.

I....didn't think I did diss him.  I think he's fantastic.  That's why I twisted the Kavil quote in the first place!  He's good despite currently available turrets being pretty meh.  I don't even consider him filler, I consider him the starting point.

Edited by gennataos

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Brunas said:

does anyone know where I can get the exact dates for every points release?

Legend tells that deep within FFG headquarters Frank Brooks computer holds a word document of the scheduled release dates for points for the next two years. Oh and it’s encrypted with a MD-5 hash on top of a SHA checksum. Good luck.

(I have no idea. I’ve never read anything other than the tentative twice a year, so presumably December/January and June/July).

edit: oh, so that’s where it is.

Edited by FlyingAnchors

2 hours ago, Brunas said:

Err, I see the rules here, am I missing an obvious points section?  Even on the main page looking at projects I think I'm still missing something.

Sorry. I'd misread. I have the old PDFS still which iirc have the effective dates for the points in them. It'll have to wait till I get home and the power comes back on for me to check though. Sadly a few hours out from either.

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, Brunas said:

Effective, I guess.

7B should remove the fine tuned controls ability

Luke becomes cost appropriate to other force users? Yay!

I mean, he'll never be as good as Anakin 7B because I6 point fortress regen wants to be expensive. The "nerf" to Anakin can and has been seen as not a big deal because you just shave a bit of bid or an upgrade. Same story for Luke with regards to Kylo, because I5 autothrusters, force, tech, both munitions, 3/3/4/2 statline is good at any price point: that point only determines between filler (**** this game if Kylo gets cheap, I don't want to play it. Fortunately the worse undercosting error in the game's history would probably be Wave 1 torp Redline), fighter, supership, oh Lawd he coming ship. I don't hope to fly Luke against those; I just want him to be relevant to other Force Users, especially with an ability that encourages you to build the force slot to your heart's desire. 

The discrepancy between Luke and Obi for their similar price point is staggering. If Luke snags a ride in the Delta 7 that Wedge found on Geonosis in RS3: Rebel Strike tho...

Edited by player3010587

@Brunas

Okay. So the points PDFs themselves don't have the effective date on them but I was fairly diligent in downloading them day of or day after drop so here we go.

Points set 1 (Rebels, Empire, Scum & Villainy, and Generic Upgrades): Aug 13 2018

Points set 2 (First Order and Resistance, Changes to the other 4 PDFs): Nov 29 2018 (Nov 30th for fix release to the Resistance pdf)

Points set 3 (Another Resistance Adjustment): Dec 14 2018

Points set 4 (January Update): Jan 28th 2019 (S&V had a fix pdf released Jan 30)

Phantom "fix" and Tripsilon fix happened here

Points set 5 (Wave 3, addition of Republic and Separatists): March 20th 2019

Points set 6 (July Update): June 25 2019

Points set 7 (Everything but Resistance and First Order): Sept 10 2019 

I hope that was in time and helps for whatever you needed it for.

2 hours ago, player3010587 said:

Luke becomes cost appropriate to other force users? Yay!

I mean, he'll never be as good as Anakin 7B because I6 point fortress regen wants to be expensive. The "nerf" to Anakin can and has been seen as not a big deal because you just shave a bit of bid or an upgrade. Same story for Luke with regards to Kylo, because I5 autothrusters, force, tech, both munitions, 3/3/4/2 statline is good at any price point: that point only determines between filler (**** this game if Kylo gets cheap, I don't want to play it. Fortunately the worse undercosting error in the game's history would probably be Wave 1 torp Redline), fighter, supership, oh Lawd he coming ship. I don't hope to fly Luke against those; I just want him to be relevant to other Force Users, especially with an ability that encourages you to build the force slot to your heart's desire. 

The discrepancy between Luke and Obi for their similar price point is staggering. If Luke snags a ride in the Delta 7 that Wedge found on Geonosis in RS3: Rebel Strike tho...

Luke does have infinite force and he's 62 points, that's definitely something.  

Posted (edited)
15 minutes ago, PaulRuddSays said:

So, do people still believe we’re getting Wave VI before Christmas? I’d like to believe, but with the Epic stuff in the same window... I’m not sure I do. 

Q4 includes January so... no. Also lines up with the points changes rather well. Unless TROS content is involved.

Edited by FlyingAnchors

14 minutes ago, FlyingAnchors said:

Q4 includes January so... no. Also lines up with the points changes rather well. Unless TROS content is involved.

I mean, Q4 doesn’t actually include January unless you’re (1) on FFG time or (2) discussing fiscal years. And it’s not the latter.

They’ve also dropped point changes for new content whenever it dropped without touching anything else, so from a balancing point of view I would expect them to offset them when possible. 

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, PaulRuddSays said:

I mean, Q4 doesn’t actually include January unless you’re (1) on FFG time or (2) discussing fiscal years. And it’s not the latter.

They’ve also dropped point changes for new content whenever it dropped without touching anything else, so from a balancing point of view I would expect them to offset them when possible. 

Well, as much as I would love a pre-Christmas release, we’re on ffg time so...

1 hour ago, Hiemfire said:

🤨

Your doing it wrong, it’s :5E37CB05-E0F6-422C-ACB8-ABC61AAD8D6C.thumb.png.5824c35291c120fb82ca537c47ea8352.png

Edited by FlyingAnchors
“Time to go mobile”. - Bane

1 hour ago, PaulRuddSays said:

True, but if you’re ffg would you want to release two PDFs within a couple weeks of each other? If we get an early release then sure, but if delayed until January it would make sense to release just 1 updated document with the points changed and new content. 

Its all petty because it’s a digital document but still.

5E37CB05-E0F6-422C-ACB8-ABC61AAD8D6C.png

14 minutes ago, ConspiracyTheorist said:

One week till worlds, what are the chances we actually get the promised forum rulings to explain what the heck was going on with that last rules reference? It would be nice to know before we get there.

That will release in the middle of the LCQ, I think.

2 minutes ago, skotothalamos said:

That will release in the middle of the LCQ, I think.

That or we all bum rush whatever developer gets suckered into being marshal on the first day.

I get the feeling they don't really know what it all means or how to resolve things so they release it into the community and look at our panic as their beta period. We are the playtesters!