SaltMaster 5000

Carolina Krayts is the best X-Wing podcast

8 hours ago, gennataos said:

But Worlds is Minnesota.  That's not Poland, either.  

Also, I'm no longer going.  :(  I couldn't justify that much time away from the family.

I hope to bring glory to our first name. I know Grawburg has plans, so we have at least 2 of the Midwest Mark's competing.

13 hours ago, Brunas said:

There can't be an ability queue when dice modifications happen or the entire game falls apart, and badly.

that is to say yes, he can.

Huh, never thought about that. Thanks. Not that it matters for Finn, but it‘s an easy example

5 hours ago, Boom Owl said:

Ugec1A5.jpg

May not have set this one up correctly. 

Before people freak out, we should take a look at the reverse gif where soontir is moving second.

I'd also like to ask what the rest of soontir's list is doing, and why soontir is flying at an ace-hunting ship.

2 hours ago, gadwag said:

we should take a look at the reverse gif where soontir is moving second.

Sure, no problem I can do that.

2 hours ago, gadwag said:

I'd also like to ask what the rest of soontir's list is doing, and why soontir is flying at an ace-hunting ship.

Not a complete board state. None of these are or can be. Just intended to show the basic mechanics. 

Thinking about and visualizing the 1v1 moving first is critical. You can imagine from here how other ships and other possible approach angles or rocks or dial selections or upgrades might impact both ship’s options.

2 hours ago, Boom Owl said:

Not a complete board state. None of these are or can be. Just intended to show the basic mechanics. 

Don't worry, I was just being pre-emptively sassy before any imperial complainers show up

1 hour ago, TasteTheRainbow said:

It’s good to show Fel players why they should not allow this situation to come up.

The bog problem is looming over Fenn. I'm fine bidding or going to 200 with Fel, but Fenn has a tendency to get outbid by the other ace factions. That poses a problem for Fenn bc he hates R2 unless he has Lone Wolf. If he's down on points, the default matchup against Fac if the game falls to 1c1, he's got to engage.

1 hour ago, Sunitsa said:

Top 4 of Italian national is:

-grievous, dfs, 4 culture (2discords)

-boba, torkil, seevor, 

-rac&oicunn

-some kind of resistance beef

I am surprised. 

I have gratitude

MY HEART IS FULL OF VICTORY

6 minutes ago, LagJanson said:

Wuh... I’m out of it for a little bit and now everything is different again. What happened? Jedi? Force powers? 

I have no idea either, it seems the double decimator beated quite a bit of good jedi players too.

He has force on both ships thought

Aaand he won the tournament.

4 hours ago, Sunitsa said:

Top 4 of Italian national is:

-grievous, dfs, 4 culture (3 discords)

-boba, torkil, seevor, 

-rac&oicunn

-some kind of resistance beef

I am surprised. 

Do we have details on that Boba, Torkil, Seevor list?

On 9/21/2019 at 10:19 AM, gadwag said:

Don't worry, I was just being pre-emptively sassy before any imperial complainers show up

I agree that the thing to complain about here is amplifying how good moving last is even further TBH, not specifically Sun Fac (or B+ reflexes). That said, I think it's fair to complain that on the whole Wave 5 is moving in the wrong direction on that front.

I also think if Sun Fac were just an "ace hunter", I wouldn't have nearly as much of an issue with him. If his ability was "instead of attacking, deal 1 damage to a tractored ship in your arc" or something, that's an actual "ace hunter". I'm sure some people would complain still (AUTODAMAGE IS THE ENEMY), but there's at least clearly ships that are way less worried about it than others.

As it stands Sun Fac is basically a small base hunter. He destroys swarms just as effectively as he makes aces sad. He's somewhat less effective vs. medium and large bases especially with the rules changes, but I think most of us would like the game to continue to be primarily about small bases, with a few larger bases sprinkled in occasionally.

Edited by punkUser

14 minutes ago, punkUser said:

As it stands Sun Fac is basically a small base hunter. He destroys swarms just as effectively as he makes aces sad.

I agree. Its all small bases. More small ships can help but its definitely not just an ace hunter.

Edited by Boom Owl

3 minutes ago, Boom Owl said:

I agree. Its all small bases. More small ships can help but its definitely not just an ace hunter. 

To be fair, that's literally any Nantex with Ensnare.  A generic I3 with Ensnare is pretty close to Fac if it's only fighting 1's and 2's.

The problem isn't the Nantex or any pilot thereof, it's Ensnare

Edited by MasterShake2

14 minutes ago, MasterShake2 said:

The problem isn't the Nantex or any pilot thereof, it's Ensnare

Nah, the problem is the word "execute" with nothing in front of it.  If it was fully execute or partially execute it would be fine.

Edited by Do I need a Username

7 hours ago, punkUser said:

I agree that the thing to complain about here is amplifying how good moving last is even further TBH, not specifically Sun Fac (or B+ reflexes). That said, I think it's fair to complain that on a while Wave 5 is moving in the wrong direction on that front.

Agreed. FFG, please move all pre-movement repositioning to the system phase. You knew phantoms needed to decloak then, so why do supernatural/reflex jedi and advanced sensors still exist?