SaltMaster 5000

Carolina Krayts is the best X-Wing podcast

2 minutes ago, RStan said:

Any chance you documented looking through those cards and noted which ones are/aren't effected by the RR update? 

These are the only cards (that I found) where it's relevant:

The ones that the ruling actually changes anything on are, to my knowledge:
Heff Tober
Soontir
Unkar Plutt (because of the mirror match)
Guri
Dengar (because of turr)
Nien (afterburners)
Ben Teene (Paige)
Rivas
Dooku (turr)
Anakin (long list of known stuff)
Swoop (fine tuned controls out of range 1, still red boost - no reason to actually do this)
Hera crew - can now red action with chopper over 3 stress and do an action once without taking damage
Dengar Gunner - turr
Petty officer Thannisson - if they get stressed, then leave your arc before it triggers he now triggers
Ferrosphere - if they lock, then get bullseye before this triggers, they now get stressed
R4-P44 - no more Anakin tricks

ChancellorPalpatine - turr

Ensnare - no ensnare chaining

Edited by Brunas

Unironically, if you don't know what a Conditional Sentence in English is, you may want to check out this wikipedia article:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Conditional_sentence

As much as I hate going into "the rules are in English and so we have to follow the rules of English to read them" mode, it's really effing helpful to notice that 99% of sentences that are setting up a condition use the word "If." Look for that and you will be much happier when trying to parse which cards have conditional effects and which do not.

29 minutes ago, Brunas said:

For Teroch, that looks like this:

A                                                                                                                                                            C

Teroch: At (the start of the Engagement Phase), you may (choose 1 enemy ship at range 1. If you do and you are in its <front arc>, it removes all of its green tokens).

Here again, we only have A and C - no requirement that must be true 

Okay so my locals just asked me how I'll judge this kind of stuff, and I think I came to the same conclusion you did.

I said it like this:

The ability that gets slotted into the queue in this case is "choose an enemy ship at range 1."  You *don't do this* until you pull it out of the queue.  The "if you are in its [front arc]" *requirement* for his ability is actually *not checked at the start of engagement*.  Rather, that requirement is linked to "choose a ship at range 1".  This means that there is no requirement to slotting his ability into the queue "at the start of engagement."

Are we in agreement?

3 minutes ago, Ablazoned said:

Okay so my locals just asked me how I'll judge this kind of stuff, and I think I came to the same conclusion you did.

I said it like this:

The ability that gets slotted into the queue in this case is "choose an enemy ship at range 1."  You *don't do this* until you pull it out of the queue.  The "if you are in its [front arc]" *requirement* for his ability is actually *not checked at the start of engagement*.  Rather, that requirement is linked to "choose a ship at range 1".  This means that there is no requirement to slotting his ability into the queue "at the start of engagement."

Are we in agreement?

Well, the entire ability gets put into the queue. But yeah, I agree with what you're saying, that's just a minor nitpick 😛

2 hours ago, Dreadai said:

You should play somewhere that isn’t Poland and see it’s not always about gaming the rules. 

I find this comment little bit rasist, but maybe it's because I am well known of my aversion to travel and elsewhere such comments are super fine and wholesome 😕

2 minutes ago, Oldpara said:

I find this comment little bit rasist, but maybe it's because I am well known of my aversion to travel and elsewhere such comments are super fine and wholesome 😕

Unironically can't tell if this is hilarious Polish humor or if I'm being double rasist.

Edited by Ablazoned

21 minutes ago, Oldpara said:

Nah, just sounds like someone gets dumpstered by Polish players or by lists which originated in Poland.  

It was great meeting you at Adepticon!  In Chicago!  In the United States!  Which is totally not Poland!

1 minute ago, gennataos said:

Nah, just sounds like someone gets dumpstered by Polish players or by lists which originated in Poland.  

It was great meeting you at Adepticon!  In Chicago!  In the United States!  Which is totally not Poland!

I mean, Chicago is not Poland, but it's a lot more Poland than most of the U.S.

Just now, Biophysical said:

I mean, Chicago is not Poland, but it's a lot more Poland than most of the U.S.

I wouldn't disparage Poland by associating them with the Cubs, however distant that association may be.

32 minutes ago, Brunas said:

No, but on a long enough timeline everywhere is the United States

No! We will not let you take us all down with you!

So Teroch is fine? Perfectly fine? We're all fine here?

I was prepared to point out he is not fine if I face him this wknd.

But it's fine. I like him.

1 hour ago, gennataos said:

But Worlds is Minnesota.  That's not Poland, either.  

Also, I'm no longer going.  :(  I couldn't justify that much time away from the family.

Sic worlds just turned into a family Vacation? Minnesota is lovely that time of year, so much snow... and snow... and, snow.

2 hours ago, FlyingAnchors said:

Sic worlds just turned into a family Vacation? Minnesota is lovely that time of year, so much snow... and snow... and, snow.

It’s pretty unlikely that we get any snow before Halloween. It was 85 freedom degrees today. It’ll probably be colder than May worlds, but there is a good chance the locals will still think it is t-shirt weather. 

1 hour ago, AEIllingworth said:

It’s pretty unlikely that we get any snow before Halloween. It was 85 freedom degrees today. It’ll probably be colder than May worlds, but there is a good chance the locals will still think it is t-shirt weather. 

Are you trying to tell me there’s a time of year that isn’t t-shirt weather in Midwest US of A?