SaltMaster 5000

Carolina Krayts is the best X-Wing podcast

5 minutes ago, Brunas said:

@Boom Owl any chance you can make some sun fac/ensnare gifs?  O master of gifs, please provide more

Last night we measured that the range where you can be ensared by a nantex is just short of a whole range 1-2 band. It feels so bad knowing that if you end up in range 2 of a nantex you're getting tractored and lit up by the turret/bullseye. 

Edited by SnooSnarry

1 minute ago, SnooSnarry said:

Last night we measured that the range where you can be ensared by a nantex is just short of a whole range 1-2 band. It feels so bad knowing that if you end up in range 2 of a nantex you're getting tractored and lit up by the turret/bullseye. 

Straight 5 + boost + Ensnare is also really far.

5 minutes ago, Boom Owl said:

Sure. But everyone has to promise not to run Sun Fac at worlds. 

I promise that I will break all of @Tlfj200's nantex models when I arrive, so the net number of sun facs I bring to worlds is capped at 0. Is that good enough?

7 minutes ago, SnooSnarry said:

Right - but it's much easier to "see" that once you've played against it (with an opponent who isn't a moron).

20 minutes ago, SnooSnarry said:

I think the Bull**** singularity, the point where the BS is so dense even light cannot escape, with Nantexes is that they can tractor themselves through gas clouds and still get their actions.

Sounds fun? Even has 6 points to spare!

"Sinker" (54)   
Blue Squadron Protector (28)    Snap Shot (7)    

You lose Ric for initiative or a 2nd ARC to add more beef, but if your swarm could shoot to begin with, that a whole lot of dice, even though half are unmodded. I'm pretty sure it'd be thoroughly unpleasant to play against it.

15 minutes ago, drjkel said:

Sounds fun? Even has 6 points to spare!

"Sinker" (54)   

You lose Ric for initiative or a 2nd ARC to add more beef, but if your swarm could shoot to begin with, that a whole lot of dice, even though half are unmodded. I'm pretty sure it'd be thoroughly unpleasant to play against it.

Done tried it.  It was okay, but just okay.  Also, not really my jam, so that didn't help.