SaltMaster 5000

Carolina Krayts is the best X-Wing podcast

53 minutes ago, Bucknife said:

Well, with this out I'm sure Poe will make a huge comeback in the meta. 

NOT. 

I've tried to justify using Poe since Resistance dropped and I have less reason to now then I ever did. 

Maybe I'm just bad at Xwing. 

I've flown against a couple Poes, from the opposite side of the table at least they looked good 

Just now, Boom Owl said:

Blogs are cool because pictures. 

Pictures are cool 

as an illiterate person, er, visual learner I greatly prefer them to words 

(Unironically though I am a visual learner and do learn a lot better from pictures or videos than words) 

Blogs require actually thinking about what you are going to say before you say it and then having to look at your words on the page and perhaps reflect on how well-developed your ideas are before you hit "post". I really miss the Team Covenant blog community from early 1.0 where there was a good mix of authors and an active commenting community in one place. There are some great standalone blogs now that are some of the best X-Wing content out there, but there is less of a fixed community around them and so they seem to get less discussion/attention than they deserve. Reddit is a pretty awful format for pretty much anything other than "hey look at this new thing" and these forums have a pretty bad signal to noise ratio.

30 minutes ago, Transmogrifier said:

Blogs require actually thinking about what you are going to say before you say it and then having to look at your words on the page and perhaps reflect on how well-developed your ideas are before you hit "post". I really miss the Team Covenant blog community from early 1.0 where there was a good mix of authors and an active commenting community in one place. There are some great standalone blogs now that are some of the best X-Wing content out there, but there is less of a fixed community around them and so they seem to get less discussion/attention than they deserve. Reddit is a pretty awful format for pretty much anything other than "hey look at this new thing" and these forums have a pretty bad signal to noise ratio.

Team Covenant was the best.

25 minutes ago, Transmogrifier said:

It doesn’t matter the platform, welcome to public general domains where you have to “sift through the silt”, “cut through the crap”, “shovel the $&@!”, etc.; whatever phrase floats your boat, to find the content you want. That’s why the forum topics of this site are so nice, they filter for you. 

Reddit lacking forum topics makes it utter chaos to find desired content, much like the general part of this forum, unless you happen to like all of that content.

also the Team covenant blogs may have had several authors and active community, but still limited in scope compared to what the larger community as a whole read/interacted with. 

I attempted to create a similar thing with the Salt Mines blog, which I was hoping other people would want to post things to. Offer still stands if anyone writes something they want posted, I'll format it for you and whatnot. But it's not really the same.

I could try to add you as collaborators... it's a Blogspot and I think that works? Need to look into that more

First, this is the first time ever I've had to go to the forbidden second page of the x-wing forum to find this thread.

Second, @RStan, they made a BUNCH of real rules changes this time rather than warped interpretations of existing rules.  Hope that one day going over obstacles prevents "fully executing" for me is up up up!

29 minutes ago, AEIllingworth said:

Ion just got way better (can’t be coordinated?) 

also can't Fine-Tuned Controls or SuperPrecogAdvanced move or Full Throttle or Nantex ability (i think? can't pay the tractor cost to take the action you're not allowed to take, right?)

Edited by skotothalamos

29 minutes ago, AEIllingworth said:

Anything else relevant that isn’t just clarifications?

Anakin can't add his ability to the queue unless someone's already in range/bullseye

Chain Ensnaring is cut off by the same rule.

Sense is now a free measurement to everything on the board during the System Phase

1 hour ago, skotothalamos said:

Anakin can't add his ability to the queue unless someone's already in range/bullseye

Chain Ensnaring is cut off by the same rule.

Sense is now a free measurement to everything on the board during the System Phase

2 minutes left in game, lets hurry and get another round in!

Well, Im in the lead and I think Im going to measure range to all your vulture drones with Sense to buy some time and then not pay for it cause Im higher init than you anyways.

Edited by wurms

1 hour ago, skotothalamos said:

also can't Fine-Tuned Controls or SuperPrecogAdvanced move or Full Throttle or Nantex ability (i think? can't pay the tractor cost to take the action you're not allowed to take, right?)

Correct.

24 minutes ago, wurms said:

2 minutes left in game, lets hurry and get another round in!

Well, Im in the lead and I think Im going to measure range to all your vulture drones with Sense to buy some time and then not pay for it cause Im higher init than you anyways.

Having played against a CIS swarm for the first time last weekend, I gotta ask: do you actually need to purposefully run out the clock against one? It seemed like a built in feature of that list with all those dials being set, actions, etc.

I plinked a few early points and played very conservatively to the win. It was not the most exciting game (or highest scoring). I believe my opponent ran the clock on himself on that one. I guess it's possible that someone could play quicker to the point where I would feel like I need to buy time at the end?