SaltMaster 5000

Carolina Krayts is the best X-Wing podcast

4 minutes ago, skotothalamos said:

After going to an event this weekend and being one of only three players to finish every game, I want to start a 200 Club for people who finish all their games at big events.

There might be a cool shield token involved or something.

Is the only criteria to finish games?  Because I'm pretty sure a pair of Trade Federation Drones with a 162pt bid will finish every game...

8 minutes ago, skotothalamos said:

After going to an event this weekend and being one of only three players to finish every game, I want to start a 200 Club for people who finish all their games at big events.

There might be a cool shield token involved or something.

now officially hosting the krayt 0 club

6 minutes ago, skotothalamos said:

I would be looking at major events here, not some dude trolling at his 8-man local

Like trolling 150 and feeding the submarines is any better :p

Also, pro tip for anyone looking to submarine, you have to surface eventually, otherwise it's just called sinking.

Edited by MasterShake2

14 minutes ago, skotothalamos said:

I would be looking at major events here, not some dude trolling at his 8-man local

I was thinking about bringing a Resistance Bomber to my local trial next month. 

Does that count as trolling? 

Edited by Bucknife

So, Ensare Chertek is undercosted right? That pilot is unreal for 49pts.

Sun Fac is also pretty dumb, but at 78, it's hard to really say "too dumb" without more testing. 

I need more games, but these ships have already been really bonkers and weirdly, not that frail, but that's likely because of the turret allowing them a lot more fexibility that normal aces don't have.  In fact, Fac and Chertek feel like bizzaro aces, they dont run and be all dodgy, they just stay in the knife fight stabbing your kidneys.

I finish my games:

(64) Finch Dallow [MG-100 StarFortress]
(8) Perceptive Copilot
(3) Seismic Charges
(5) Proton Bombs
(7) Paige Tico
(8) Veteran Turret Gunner
(4) Shield Upgrade
(6) Collision Detector
(5) Pattern Analyzer

(56) Cobalt Squadron Bomber [MG-100 StarFortress]
(8) GA-97
(3) Seismic Charges
(2) Skilled Bombardier
(4) Shield Upgrade
(10) Trajectory Simulator
(5) Pattern Analyzer

Total points: 198

2 hours ago, MasterShake2 said:

So, Ensare Chertek is undercosted right? That pilot is unreal for 49pts.

Sun Fac is also pretty dumb, but at 78, it's hard to really say "too dumb" without more testing. 

I need more games, but these ships have already been really bonkers and weirdly, not that frail, but that's likely because of the turret allowing them a lot more fexibility that normal aces don't have.  In fact, Fac and Chertek feel like bizzaro aces, they dont run and be all dodgy, they just stay in the knife fight stabbing your kidneys.

Sun fac feels amazing at 78 points when facing small base ships...he feels overcosted as **** when around medium or especially large base ships(Han says hi) 

idk if his cost is worth it but I like the Rock Paper Scissors feel you get from him

but yeah the other nantex on the other hand feel like a value...and probably should be with sun  fac if your taking him 

3 hours ago, Dreadai said:

Am I allowed to say I don't get the joke without being internet bullied?

It’s a reminder notice, Chris is setting reminders to link himself forum posts about a month after worlds so they can potentially do another cast making fun of everyone’s hot takes. It’s a little bit poking fun, but mostly just saying that your comment is potentially going to look very foolish in retrospect. 

Now that I have explained the joke, it gets funnier. I’m pretty sure that’s how it works. 

51 minutes ago, AEIllingworth said:

It’s a reminder notice, Chris is setting reminders to link himself forum posts about a month after worlds so they can potentially do another cast making fun of everyone’s hot takes. It’s a little bit poking fun, but mostly just saying that your comment is potentially going to look very foolish in retrospect. 

Now that I have explained the joke, it gets funnier. I’m pretty sure that’s how it works. 

Ah yeah ... fair play ... just as long as he remembers to call me awesome when I am inevitably on the money ... >.>

17 minutes ago, Brunas said:

Lol, the take patrol is just here - making fun of people on a podcast is (mostly) for those people with egos big enough to think their bad opinions are worth recording 

This is a hot take safe space

What about people who think their takes are worth blogging about?  Asking for a friend.  

18 minutes ago, MasterShake2 said:

So how many aces will die to Nantex Hot Potato?

Well, with this out I'm sure Poe will make a huge comeback in the meta. 

NOT. 

I've tried to justify using Poe since Resistance dropped and I have less reason to now then I ever did. 

Maybe I'm just bad at Xwing. 

1 hour ago, Brunas said:

Also there's a certain level of presumptuousness required to be on a podcast vs a blog. I don't know why - blog bad takes are just funny, podcast bad takes hurt my soul

There's entirely too many podcasts, with too little content. I'm saddened by how many of the community thought the Salt Mines was real... 

Blogs are fine. It's like a way of writing a super long forum post without forcing everyone to scroll past the whole thing to leave a confused reacc and yell at you