SaltMaster 5000

Carolina Krayts is the best X-Wing podcast

Precognitive Reflexes is obviously effective text but that alone isn't enough to make something good.  Strain drawback is a lot easier to deal with than the damage from Supernatural Reflexes, and could let Vader boost pretty safely.  One-action drawback would depend on the ship.  Luke only gets a single action most of the time anyhow.  Vader often keeps a Lock from last round with FCS.  Kylo would get pretty rekt by it, though (but if cheap enough, Kylo could grab it as a panic button).

All comes down to price (both absolute and relative to Supernatural Reflexes) whether it sees play.

Posted (edited)
6 minutes ago, theBitterFig said:

Precognitive Reflexes is obviously effective text but that alone isn't enough to make something good.  Strain drawback is a lot easier to deal with than the damage from Supernatural Reflexes, and could let Vader boost pretty safely.  One-action drawback would depend on the ship.  Luke only gets a single action most of the time anyhow.  Vader often keeps a Lock from last round with FCS.  Kylo would get pretty rekt by it, though (but if cheap enough, Kylo could grab it as a panic button).

All comes down to price (both absolute and relative to Supernatural Reflexes) whether it sees play.

Unfortunately the meta is trending into Force using aces going to time based on their ability to arc dodge, regen and/or move last with perfect information that it'll be hard for SNR and/or Precog to not see play...

Edited by RStan

24 minutes ago, RStan said:

Unfortunately the meta is trending into Force using aces going to time based on their ability to arc dodge, regen and/or move last with perfect information that it'll be hard for SNR and/or Precog to not see play...

Yeah, one or the other probably sees play, but it depends.

If PCR is only like 2-4 points cheaper than SNR, it probably never sees play.  If it's like half the price of current SNR?  Less than half?  I think it sees decent usage (for limited definitions of decent).

If PCR comes in at where SNR used to be, and SNR gets a major nerf-bat, both are probably pretty rare.

1 hour ago, Kaptin Krunch said:

This pack looks pretty sticky

Glue incoming

You mean giving a Jedi access to an evade action even while blocked or stressed is bad? Who could have known? Literally everyone except the designers apparently 

5 minutes ago, Caduceus01 said:

You mean giving a Jedi access to an evade action even while blocked or stressed is bad? Who could have known? Literally everyone except the designers apparently 

Jammin' Jedi don't seem to bad either... with double reposition and unjammable modifications. 

Of course, this is all on paper. Said Jammin' Jedi needs to get to range one without getting himself/herself/itself shredded foolishly in some freak Order 66 reenactment.

33 minutes ago, theBitterFig said:

Yeah, one or the other probably sees play, but it depends.

If PCR is only like 2-4 points cheaper than SNR, it probably never sees play.  If it's like half the price of current SNR?  Less than half?  I think it sees decent usage (for limited definitions of decent).

If PCR comes in at where SNR used to be, and SNR gets a major nerf-bat, both are probably pretty rare.

idk, if we go full ace mirror matchups like @Brunas fears, I'd take precog at a point less than SNR if it meant I got the bid.

8 minutes ago, jagsba said:

idk, if we go full ace mirror matchups like @Brunas fears, I'd take precog at a point less than SNR if it meant I got the bid.

I'd legit pay at least 20 for B+ reflexes on i6 (which means I'd pay at least about 2/3 full SNR price).

I don't know what my limit is, but it's... high. 

I really don't understand why Jedi not only need to be i5/6 aces that double reposition with passive dice mods, but also must be able to change their own dial with zero consequences stacked with predial reposition with minimal consequences

Maybe everything in this expansion will get the January Supernatural Reflexes pricing and not the September Supernatural Reflexes pricing, and it'll be fine or fine-adjacent, but jesus do I have Grave Concerns at the average 1.0 level of Republic expansions

tldr I'm mad, mad about Jedi

Posted (edited)

Surely SNR becomes 200pts and Precog replaces it? 

Kinda dumb how the solution is "do the same, but limit it more' when really it is the pre move boost that is the most bonkers almost regardless of downside.

Edited by Roundy1161

Posted (edited)
15 minutes ago, Roundy1161 said:

Surely SNR becomes 200pts and Precog replaces it? 

Kinda dumb how the solution is "do the same, but limit it more' when really it is the pre move boost that is the most bonkers almost regardless of downside.

I’m gonna devil’s advocate here, is Duchess with fifth brother also a problem? It’s kinda the supernatural pre-move boost, 3 die attack, passive mods of a 7B for somewhere in the price range of CLT obi wan. 

Edit: not calling you out or anything, probably didn’t need to quote

Edited by AEIllingworth

19 minutes ago, AEIllingworth said:

I’m gonna devil’s advocate here, is Duchess with fifth brother also a problem? It’s kinda the supernatural pre-move boost, 3 die attack, passive mods of a 7B for somewhere in the price range of CLT obi wan. 

Edit: not calling you out or anything, probably didn’t need to quote

Duchess probably shouldn't exist, but is made less of a problem because 2 AGI 4 HP goes down quickly and there's no regen or shields.  

1 hour ago, AEIllingworth said:

Duchess is I5 not 6, is on an otherwise mediocre chassis, only has 1 force, has a dial that bakes the boost in, and cannot recycle her and her allies focus

I'm also not convinced that CLT Obi is actually good. Sense is good, Obi just lives a long time

Duchess's lack of a four and five straight makes him less of an issue. Also, one force is much different than the 2 plus that any named Jedi have. The 4 hull backed by 2 green dice makes him vulnerable, as well. Strikers for some reason get one shot super often for me, so i'm a little biased. Duchess specifically never gets shot the entire game, or gets one shot.

As arc dodgey as premaneuver Jedi will be, losing Fine Tuned Controls for that turn will be nice. The net gain or loss is probably the same, but I'm starting to get salty about Fin Tuned.

On the topic of Duchess, I'd like to take this opportunity to remind everyone of just how bad the non-named Strikers are.

Sentinels cost 34. Scorch also costs 34

Black Squadron Scouts cost 38. Cartel Maruaders cost 38 also.

Duchess is 42, only 4 points more. Travis has said in the past that her cost should go down to make her viable (i disagree, but the point remains)

When will generic Strikers not be overcosted garbage?