Jump to content
SaltMaster 5000

Carolina Krayts is the best X-Wing podcast

Recommended Posts

Get-Off-My-Lawn Alert:

I hate when lists get names that have zero to do with the content.

Supreme Leader evokes Kylo and Tavson from TLJ.  3BQD was the literal contents of the list.  Nymranda was clear.  Torrential obviously has torrents. Walking Carpet or Magic Carpet Ride is going to inform Wookiees.  A name I think should take off is "Corridor" - which suggests Vader + Rogue One ships.

But like... What on earth is someone supposed to intuit from Fantastic Beasts?  [Insert Name Here] Special?  Final Form?  None of those names *MEAN* anything.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, theBitterFig said:

But like... What on earth is someone supposed to intuit from Fantastic Beasts?  [Insert Name Here] Special?  Final Form?  None of those names *MEAN* anything.

It was Fenn-tastic beasts, which lets you know that `1) Fenns in it, 2) roughly when it came out, and 3) mynocks are bad at naming things.

[Insert Name Here] Special lets you know someone stole a list from Ben but doesn't want to credit him.

Final Forms lets you know that you shouldn't play first edition anymore.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, arctic_rogue said:

What was Ashok flying?   Couldn't find the name in the XTC the list document.

He wasn't at the XTC, I was told he's flying anakin obiwan torrent, but that's a second hand info so take it with a grain of salt. 

Also, the only one from team USA making the cut was the Italian one, Ian Colombo, with separatist swarm

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Mando trailer dropped, that ship looks like it might manage to be medium? Or was that already the consensus? I feel like the original art I saw for it felt bigger.

Also [minor trailer spoiler] is that his droid or is he working with a certain other droid who we all know and... largely don’t see do anything in the movie?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, SpiderMana said:

Mando trailer dropped, that ship looks like it might manage to be medium? Or was that already the consensus? I feel like the original art I saw for it felt bigger.

Also [minor trailer spoiler] is that his droid or is he working with a certain other droid who we all know and... largely don’t see do anything in the movie?

Medium was the semi-consensus. No-one argued when the supposition was put forward  from what I saw at least. Neat thing is that it looks like it'll be either a Rothana or KDY (Rothana's parent company)design in universe if they stick with the current aesthetic asignments. It screams LAAT+Firespray just looking at it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, theBitterFig said:

Get-Off-My-Lawn Alert:

I hate when lists get names that have zero to do with the content.

Supreme Leader evokes Kylo and Tavson from TLJ.  3BQD was the literal contents of the list.  Nymranda was clear.  Torrential obviously has torrents. Walking Carpet or Magic Carpet Ride is going to inform Wookiees.  A name I think should take off is "Corridor" - which suggests Vader + Rogue One ships.

But like... What on earth is someone supposed to intuit from Fantastic Beasts?  [Insert Name Here] Special?  Final Form?  None of those names *MEAN* anything.

Is the whole point of a squad name not to make the stupidest joke possible that vaguely relates to the list? Recent squads I've seriously flown I called

- Admiral Sloane's Oops! All Strikers! Boba Hunter Generations Ultimate

- Jukey Bois that go sideways

- Tina's Meme Squad

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, Kaptin Krunch said:

Is the whole point of a squad name not to make the stupidest joke possible that vaguely relates to the list? Recent squads I've seriously flown I called

- Admiral Sloane's Oops! All Strikers! Boba Hunter Generations Ultimate

- Jukey Bois that go sideways

- Tina's Meme Squad

My personal favorite among my squads:

I've Got a Fang.

Glistening white triangular tooth,
Open up a can of tomato juice.
I've got a fang,
I've got a fang,
I've got a fang.
 
Three guesses about what ships are in the list. :P

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

1 hour ago, Sunitsa said:

Top cut of European just started, we got 3 streams boys! Gsp, first earth and legion krakow

The only FO in the cut plays kylo tavson

As in just Kylo/Tavson? Or Kylo/Tavson/Starkiller? I'm horrified of flying two ship FO lists.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...