SaltMaster 5000

Carolina Krayts is the best X-Wing podcast

Conspiracy Theory: No players, judges, or designers care at all if you fly the Resistance Transport without the pod. It's all marketing shoving more purchases down our throats.

Same with anyone wanting to fly a falcon, TIE, or whatever other ship that is "super similar" but technically different by some small piece of plastic.

All this is really doing is giving some obnoxious troll ammo to try and get their opponent punished.

Corporate shills will argue that it's a slippery slope to allowing players to play with any proxied pieces they want to and never actually buying the game.

i don't know who Lace is and perhaps I'm being overly dramatic.

It just bothers me that I've heard this conversation happen on a number of podcasts and it comes up in preparation for all kinds of tournaments. Does anyone really care that someone has a transport without the pod?

5 hours ago, Boom Owl said:

Looking for Examples of "Ace" + Squad Squads ( Ace + 3-6 ). Its a very general archetype. 
Basic Definition is ( End Game Ace/Flanker + Squad ) where the list mostly exists in a loose formation or completely out of formation, though it can opt into being a box. 
The more individual pieces can stand on their own the better. Sometimes points allow 1-2 or more Aces to be in the Squad part of the list. 

• FO:
    • Kylo + QD + Scorch + Rivas/Longshot/Null
    • Kylo + BD + Scorch + Longshot etc.
    • Sense Kylo + Scorch + Longshot + Epsilon + Epsilon
    • QD + 3-4 variants
  • Republic:
    • Obi + Ric + 3 Torrents
    • Obi + Ric or Arc + 2 Arcs
    • Obi + 5 Torrents
  • Resistance:
    • Poe + AAA
    • Poe + AAA + Finn
    • Poe + Fin + 2 
  • Rebels: 
    • Luke + Wedge + Arvel + Jake
    • Luke + Wedge + B + B
    • Luke + Wedge + Thane + 1 
    • Luke + UUU
    • Sense Luke + B + ZZZZ
  • Empire
    • Vader Burners + Howl + Iden + 2x Carls
    • Juke Whisper + 4 Strikers
    • Soontir + Duchess + 3 Alphas/Sentinels 
  • Scum
    • Fenn + 3 Cartel Executioners
    • Fenn + 3 Cartels + 2 Z95s
    • Fenn + 2 Vipers + Stuff 
  • Separatist
    • Griev Kraken + Soul + Impervium + Bomber ESC Probes + 4x ESC Vultures

Generally these dont have a Big base as part of the "Squad" but that doesn't mean there arent examples that do. 
Not just looking for 4-5 Ship lists. A little more specific than that I guess. 

Scum lists could all be guri+ as well

2 hours ago, ConspiracyTheorist said:

Corporate shills will argue that it's a slippery slope to allowing players to play with any proxied pieces they want to and never actually buying the game.

I mean...i won't argue "slippery slope", but I will say its philosophically incongruent to think that proxying one ship is substantively different than proxying another ship based solely on how similar the molds are.  

3 minutes ago, MCRemix said:

I mean...i won't argue "slippery slope", but I will say its philosophically incongruent to think that proxying one ship is substantively different than proxying another ship based solely on how similar the molds are.  

Thankfully I've never seen it in a tournament, but I've heard plenty of conversations where someone said "well technically flying a resistance falcon on rebels is illegal".

With all the mods and repaints people do, is a transport without the pod really the most egregious thing you've seen across the table?

8 minutes ago, ConspiracyTheorist said:

Thankfully I've never seen it in a tournament, but I've heard plenty of conversations where someone said "well technically flying a resistance falcon on rebels is illegal".

With all the mods and repaints people do, is a transport without the pod really the most egregious thing you've seen across the table?

It's f*cking ugly tho and doesn't make sense.

5 minutes ago, Pink_Viking said:

It's f*cking ugly tho and doesn't make sense.

Ugly is subjective and I'm not sure how it doesn't make sense. It's been noted that the resistance transport can fly without the pod.

Is the theme of "it doesn't make sense" really that important? The number of non thematic X-Wing lists, repaints, mods, etc. would make a traditionalist's head spin.

Just now, Pink_Viking said:

No, it's just ugly.

Really trying to wrap my head around this one, which may be ill advised in any krayt thread. Is it the transport itself you dislike or specifically the transport without the pod?

Personally I'm not to keen on the ship in general, the pod, the transport section, or both fit together.

I actually find it a bit more thematic that Finn and Cova dropped out of hyperspace with a couple X-Wings and oh dang, enemy ships! Finn jumps in the pod, releases, and they both fly into combat separate. They did it with the Ghost all the time!

11 minutes ago, jagsba said:

he slipped it into an episode. I refuse yo tell you which one.

I feel personally attacked

I've spent the best years of my life trying to get the definition, took every moment I got to remind him to give us the definition. And now this! And I missed it. How!

ShamefulZigzagAustralianfreshwatercrocod

It was me keying in all the lists.

Well first of all I took pictures of all the 144 lists on the tournament, transferred them to YASB and then put them Listfortress ... In addition I did quick analysis for the whole tournament (https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/15KoWQjcgZ-v7oJbEQVnmFniBelI3LtKPqex8A_6JG2s/edit?usp=sharing) and additionally for the cut only (https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1bRXHqt21bHNLX86-Sqj7LgIcDLnsEDAfLiiMN5C_A3I/edit?usp=sharing).

I'm happy if there are people showing interest and hopefully this spreads the word that our#TinyGermanMeta is quite interesting.