Ship Total: 38
Half Points: 19 Threshold: 3

Cartel Marauder — Kihraxz Fighter 38

Cartel Marauder — Kihraxz Fighter 38

The 38 point Kihraxz is legit - I swear a lot of people dismiss Kihraxzs off-hand based on 1.0 experiences, but it was a decent ship in 2.0 at 40 and now it can fit into some surprising builds. They barely cost more than a Barrage Scimitar now and it's sooo dumb.

Posted (edited)

Although I just picked up a lancer class pursuit craft
so now I am thinking of something like this

Cartel Marauder (38)   
Ship total: 38  Half Points: 19  Threshold: 3   

Cartel Marauder (38)   

Cartel Marauder (38)   

Ketsu Onyo (70)   
    Fearless (3)   
    0-0-0 (5)   
    Contraband Cybernetics (3)   
    Shadow Caster (3)   

198/200

Edited by ForrestGrump

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Transmogrifier said:

The 38 point Kihraxz is legit - I swear a lot of people dismiss Kihraxzs off-hand based on 1.0 experiences, but it was a decent ship in 2.0 at 40 and now it can fit into some surprising builds. They barely cost more than a Barrage Scimitar now and it's sooo dumb.

The Marauder has been B grade "legit" since 2.0 went live. The change added 5x Deadman's to the heavy swarm list build. Played a meatgrinder of a casual match with 5x Deadman/Marauders against a Ketsu/Boba (I forget the exact upgrade allocation on them but Ketsu was a Fearless/Maul/Caster Title + something else and Boba was Marauder Title/Dengar/0-0-0 + ? . Dengar gunner is a mean bastard. :)) list. By meatgrinder I mean it came down to a 4 hp Cartel Marauder with a lock getting the evades it needed to kill Boba at range 2. A 1 turn into a Barrel Roll is not bad for blocking, though blocking Ketsu can be a questionable choice (did help to make sure I had more than 1 gun on her on several occasions, so worth the asteroid die roll).

Edited by Hiemfire

Posted (edited)
6 hours ago, Cuz05 said:

I'm a firm believer in zero upgrades being OK on most pilots.

Not preferable, but acceptable.

I'm a firm believer that "efficiency swarms" shouldn't exist for "combo" factions. Ie. Resistance, First Order, Scum. 

The points structure for those faction's ships should lean towards "overcosted, but nearly free upgrades", as opposed to Imperial-Rebel-Seps-Reps, who should have many viable "naked" ships with premium on upgrades. 

One can dream. 

____

Resistance currently walks a tightrope of "naked vs stapled upgrades". 

Poe is not something I'd consider viable without at least Heroic and B1 (R4 next). He's have to be around 4-6 points cheaper for me to feel differently, but that the exact opposite of what I'd like to see in points balance there, which is "stapled upgrades, but the question is, 'which ones?'"

Edited by Bucknife

6 hours ago, Ablazoned said:

Okay so can someone explain berwer ket to me?  Is he like tallie in that his ability is "mobile I5"?  Or is there some world where a vulture doesn't want to calculate for its action but is willing to take a stress for a calc but only maybe if this guy's attack hits but if not no big deal?

Hyenas maybe?

Posted (edited)

This needs to be talked about more.

Epsilon Squadron Cadet 
Epsilon Squadron Cadet 
Epsilon Squadron Cadet 
Zeta Squadron Survivor 
Zeta Squadron Survivor 
"Quickdraw" + Fanatical + Special Forces Gunner 

You know how I know I am bad at X-Wing? I thought the Epsilon Squadron Cadet wasn't useful.
Glad players are finding ways to use those awesome alt-art Epsilons! 

Epsilon-Squadron-Cadet-Wave-II-Kit-Star.

On a related note, which ships mostly dont care about upgrades (excluding titles/configs)?

• Kylo, Tavson, SFs, FOs, Vonreg
  • Wedge, Luke, Braylen, Jake, Norra
  • Soontir, Duchess, Countdown, Tie Fighters
  • Boba, Fenn, Tug Boats, Khraixz 
  • Sinker, Oli, Torrent, Wolffe
  • Bastian, Jess, Generic T70s, Rey? 
  • Vultures
Edited by Boom Owl

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Boom Owl said:

You know how I know I am bad at X-Wing? I thought the Epsilon Squadron Cadet wasn't useful.

As long as you're not using one of the very few true duds in the faction, I really think you can throw just about any combination of First Order ships in a list and come up with something that is at least playable. More interesting is that there is basically a ship or list to build regardless of which way the meta turns. Low green dice become prominent? Great, you've got a bunch of efficient and strong 2-die attackers. Need cheap 3-die attack spam? They can do that. Meta turns around to favour two ship lists? Don't tell anyone but FO just might already have the best 2 ship list. Big 4-die ship meta? Time to accept Tavson into your heart as your personal saviour.

Hit Random on FO for YASB a few times, you'll be surprised how often if gives you a decent list (aside from the random Biohexacrypt Codes you get equipped, or when it decides that Autoblasters are the perfect Upsilon upgrade). For whatever it's worth, First Order is really light on chaff right now.

Edited by DoubleDown11

Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, gennataos said:

Poor emmet...but that second place player has great taste in lists ;)

K-Fighters are good, never anything wrong with 2 AGL, 3 Attack and 6 HP for 38.   Seen em work really well with Ketsu, just tractor and kill things.

Edited by MasterShake2

27 minutes ago, DoubleDown11 said:

Hit Random on FO for YASB a few times, you'll be surprised how often if gives you a decent list (aside from the random Biohexacrypt Codes you get equipped, or when it decides that Autoblasters are the perfect Upsilon upgrade). For whatever it's worth, First Order is really light on chaff right now.

First Attempt: Thanisson/Cardinal 2-ship list XP

But yeah, most First Order ships are good, and most upgrades are totally sane on them.

15 minutes ago, theBitterFig said:

First Attempt: Thanisson/Cardinal 2-ship list XP

But yeah, most First Order ships are good, and most upgrades are totally sane on them.

My reaction to First Order is just "more cowbell".  Like, they're missing something, I just can't quite tell what.  I don't dislike any of their chasis and they have some good pilots, but just...I dunno, missing some cowbell.

1 hour ago, MasterShake2 said:

My reaction to First Order is just "more cowbell".  Like, they're missing something, I just can't quite tell what.  I don't dislike any of their chasis and they have some good pilots, but just...I dunno, missing some cowbell.

I-6 force 3 Kylo That lets you equip 2 force upgrades. Should be about 100 points.

Posted (edited)
10 hours ago, gennataos said:

Give him the 17th set of dice typically for the TO. And with only 17 people, if one were the TO, I wouldn't be surprised.

7 hours ago, Boom Owl said:

Help us i6 :kylo:. Your our only hope. 

As a Kylo main: no. The Silencer is the best chassis in the game, bc who would have guessed that an Interceptor that trades its mods and evade for 6 health (2 being shields), the lock action, both munition slots, and the tech slot would be good? Nobody, of course.

Now Kylo is not the best force user (that goes to Anakin hands down). But his ship is scarily good. And the general rule for superships--especially positionally dependent ones--is that the initiative caps at 5. The better the chassis, the more likely the rule is enforced. Anakin in a Delta 7 is barely ok to allow, although he's really pushing hard the threshold of broken in the right hands, but an I6 TIE Defender that can advanced sensors a yeet in compromising turns on 7 token stacked hp is a big no. Vader in the X1 is held back by no native boost, but an I6 Starviper is doomsday. It is assumed that the game's best chassis should not have an I6.

If the silencer/sf thingy is more along Delta 7B power levels (preferably beneath them), I6 Kylo in that could be cool. Heck, since everyone fears his waxing power matched only by Rey's similarly growing power, you could give both sequel force users in their new forms 3 force charges. But I6 supernatural Silencer Kylo that only needs to kill 27 pts as that is only 1 pts more than his killed epsilon friend that makes the list legal..that's NPE, even if not optimal

Edited by player3010587

9 hours ago, MasterShake2 said:

They are missing some of the over the top advantages other factions have(aka broken whatever) they do have force which is great and their most broken ship may be tavson who is also a challenge to keep in the fight...no regen, no I6 hyper mobile ship, no cheap coordinate(rip squad leader null) and besides phasma really don’t have great crew(for the cost at least)

that being said if you can play without those things they now have an awesome workhorse ship in the sf, cheap fo pilots that can fill out a list pretty good(scorch) the best faction upgrade, tech, a 4 dice gun, and arguably the best i5 pilot in the game(and i5 spot is highly competitive with killer pilots) and a double taping i6 isn’t too shabby either

I really like the TIE/fo price drop.  Before, it felt like putting in the number of FOs you wanted led to compromises in other parts of the list.  For example, you could have the FOs, but you couldn't get upgrades on the other stuff in the list.  With the drop, you get the basic upgrades you often want on a ship, or a bit of a bid, or an increase to a better pilot or something.  

13 hours ago, Boom Owl said:

This needs to be talked about more.

Epsilon Squadron Cadet 
Epsilon Squadron Cadet 
Epsilon Squadron Cadet 
Zeta Squadron Survivor 
Zeta Squadron Survivor 
"Quickdraw" + Fanatical + Special Forces Gunner 

Epsilon-Squadron-Cadet-Wave-II-Kit-Star.

On a related note, which ships mostly dont care about upgrades (excluding titles/configs)?

• Kylo, Tavson, SFs, FOs, Vonreg
  • Wedge, Luke, Braylen, Jake, Norra
  • Soontir, Duchess, Countdown, Tie Fighters
  • Boba, Fenn, Tug Boats, Khraixz 
  • Sinker, Oli, Torrent, Wolffe
  • Bastian, Jess, Generic T70s, Rey? 
  • Vultures

@Boom Owl

I've been running this at league nights and it's been doing some major work. 

Epsilon Squadron Cadet (26)    
Ship total: 26  Half Points: 13  Threshold: 2    

Epsilon Squadron Cadet (26)    
Ship total: 26  Half Points: 13  Threshold: 2    

Zeta Squadron Survivor (32)    
    Special Forces Gunner (10)    

Ship total: 42  Half Points: 21  Threshold: 3    

Zeta Squadron Survivor (32)    

Ship total: 42  Half Points: 21  Threshold: 3    

"Quickdraw" (45)    
    Fanatical (2)    
    Shield Upgrade (6)    

Ship total: 63  Half Points: 32  Threshold: 4    

Total: 199    

View in Yet Another Squad Builder 2.0: https://raithos.github.io/?f=First Order&d=v8ZsZ200Z269XWY269XWY259XW182WWWY259XW182WWWY243X181WWW182WW165&sn=New Squadron&obs=

FO generics and QD is a great archetype.

Posted (edited)
20 hours ago, MasterShake2 said:

I actually love the first order as currently constructed, and with the new tie coming in, they seem to be prepped to get even better. Kylo is a true ace, the sf platform is very versatile, the ups is still an incredibly strong platform, and there are several cool/strong abilities on the tie fo. Mark Moriarty  ran a very similar build to the "zack and chris special" at gencon (thanks alex and ben) those kinda meld  the rainbow of cool stuff the fo has, On the other end, My boy, milwaukee guy, krayt on top on top, Tim O won the madison hyperspace with 5 optic fanatic tie SFs, and then there's also the well publicized kylo 2ups. There's plenty to do with this faction and I think we're just starting to break it in.

Edited by catachanninja