SaltMaster 5000

Carolina Krayts is the best X-Wing podcast

20 minutes ago, LagJanson said:

Scum:

What's the minimum upgrades required to remain effective on Fett? Zero? A title? Crew? His ability is still so good...

Slave One and Qi'ra is really nice and really cheap.  I was thinking of running Boba naked, but had those recommended to me, tried them, and loved both upgrades.  They're more geometric upgrades than mathematical, so need to be felt on the table.

16 hours ago, player3010587 said:

R3, R7, and Targeting Astros of 1st e would all make splendid Astro or Tech cards.

R7-T(3, I think?) sounds like either a pilot or a crew ability, maybe force crew.

Threat tracker would be dope as a sensor, except I'd prefer taking a damage to be the trigger and you could boost or br regardless of upgrade bar, but performing an action not on the bar gets you a deplete or strain, opponent's choice.

I think they want to keep out R3 and Targeting since one enables defensive token stacking and the other removes some consequences on Red moves, although I'm much less worried about that.  R7 has a similar one as a resistance only mech that allows you to reroll your defense dice, which may be as close as they will get.

I too want R7-T1 back (The Target lock and boost, but only if in arc one) since its neat, but most of the other ones can stay in 1.0 unless they get some charge limitations.

30 minutes ago, LagJanson said:

Trying to squeeze a four ship together with Fett is challenging, but not impossible...

1. 85 - Mr Feet
  2. 46 - Kavil w/Dorsal
  3. 42 - Serissu w/Autoblaster
  4. 26 - L3-37
  5. 01 - Bid

Boba Fett (85)
Slave I (2)

Jakku Gunrunner (32)

L3-37 (26)

Kavil (43)
Dorsal Turret (3)
Plasma Torpedoes (9)
Total: 200

Could also do Boba with S1, Crackshot Guri, and x2 Z95.

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Do I need a Username said:

I think they want to keep out R3 and Targeting since one enables defensive token stacking and the other removes some consequences on Red moves, although I'm much less worried about that.  R7 has a similar one as a resistance only mech that allows you to reroll your defense dice, which may be as close as they will get.

I too want R7-T1 back (The Target lock and boost, but only if in arc one) since its neat, but most of the other ones can stay in 1.0 unless they get some charge limitations.

I think R3 can fit in 2e if costed properly a la Rose Tico. For comparison:

Rose uses a blank (a mostly useless result) on both offense and defense to acquire a lock and can use it ASAP either on offense or to punish with a freelance slicer. Her synergy with both Finns is formidable. Jam is a joke against her, unless she's nattying.

R3 uses focus (nearly always a good result, especially with force) on offense only to acquire an evade token. Sure, you can juke or defend with that token, but juke is pricey and has been taken care of (and even then, it's never going to be a full string), and the utility of the evade is initiative and starting player dependent (which can get clunky and Goldilocksy in implementation). 

Whereas one can and should spam Rose, R3 requires deliberation in decision making. It's a straight upgrade only when dealing with Padme/Luminara, not having enough focus/calculate to fully mod, rolling hot trash especially at high defense, overkilling something/shooting at a 0 agility reinforced and already having 1 hit and nothing else, etc. (QED, many uses, but all of them niche and many still requiring identification and evaliation.) The vast majority of times R3 could trigger require some thought.

TL;DR, powerful effects like Rose and other cards are held in check by price and opportunity cost. Weaker cards like R3 are not going to bust the game, but will deepen decision making.

Edited by player3010587

2 hours ago, LagJanson said:

Scum:

What's the minimum upgrades required to remain effective on Fett? Zero? A title? Crew? His ability is still so good...

Title.  I agree that four ship boba is hard, especially if you want everyone to have a 3-dice gun.

Okay so can someone explain berwer ket to me?  Is he like tallie in that his ability is "mobile I5"?  Or is there some world where a vulture doesn't want to calculate for its action but is willing to take a stress for a calc but only maybe if this guy's attack hits but if not no big deal?

24 minutes ago, Ablazoned said:

Title.  I agree that four ship boba is hard, especially if you want everyone to have a 3-dice gun. 

DIFFICULT
but doable :P

Boba Fett — Firespray-class Patrol Craft 85
Ship Total: 85
Half Points: 43 Threshold: 5

Cartel Marauder — Kihraxz Fighter 38
Ship Total: 38
Half Points: 19 Threshold: 3

25 minutes ago, Ablazoned said:

Okay so can someone explain berwer ket to me?  Is he like tallie in that his ability is "mobile I5"?  Or is there some world where a vulture doesn't want to calculate for its action but is willing to take a stress for a calc but only maybe if this guy's attack hits but if not no big deal?

some day, that vulture will have 3 wings and nose cannons with evade/boost on the action bar

or maybe be big and thicc with reinforce on its action bar and a billion firing arcs

not yet... but some day

(or maybe it just flew over a cloud idk)

or maybe this is better

Boba Fett — Firespray-class Patrol Craft 85
Slave I 2
Ship Total: 87
Half Points: 44 Threshold: 5

Talonbane Cobra — Kihraxz Fighter 50
Ship Total: 50
Half Points: 25 Threshold: 3

Captain Seevor — Mining Guild TIE Fighter 30
Ship Total: 30
Half Points: 15 Threshold: 2

Ahhav — Mining Guild TIE Fighter 30
Ship Total: 30
Half Points: 15 Threshold: 2

1 hour ago, Ablazoned said:

this seems like a good way to setup target lock calc on a target, also yes

1 hour ago, Ablazoned said:

Vultures have blue turns, and with him you can lock with all your vultures and also grab a calculate.  Just don't miss?

Now I am just having too much fun

Boba Fett (85)    
    Qi'ra (2)    
    Slave I (2)    

Ship total: 89  Half Points: 45  Threshold: 5    

Black Sun Ace (41)    
    Cluster Missiles (5)    

Ship total: 46  Half Points: 23  Threshold: 3    

Binayre Pirate (24)    
    Cluster Missiles (5)    
    Contraband Cybernetics (3)    

Ship total: 32  Half Points: 16  Threshold: 2    

Binayre Pirate (24)    
    Cluster Missiles (5)    

Total: 199    

6 minutes ago, ForrestGrump said:

Now I am just having too much fun

Boba Fett (85)    
    Qi'ra (2)    
    Slave I (2)    

Ship total: 89  Half Points: 45  Threshold: 5    

Black Sun Ace (41)    
    Cluster Missiles (5)    

Ship total: 46  Half Points: 23  Threshold: 3    

Binayre Pirate (24)    
    Cluster Missiles (5)    

Binayre Pirate (24)    
    Cluster Missiles (5)    

Total: 199    

I appreciate the enthusiasm to architecture... this wasn't one of your better ones. 

That THREE CARTEL MARAUDERS version though...

22 minutes ago, catachanninja said:

this seems like a good way to setup target lock calc on a target, also yes

It seems like so many levels of thinking ahead to pull this off, though.

Low unit Vultures manage to grab a lock on something (without drks because if you have those you can get both tokens anyway), and don't really care about calculating for defense.

Target is still valid for Vultures by the i5 window when berwer moves.

Berwer lines up his shot

Berwer hits

Some Vultures get calcs and stressed and are fine to straight or 2-turn next round

19 minutes ago, Brunas said:

Just don't miss?

Oh easy I love 1.0 weapons failure mechanics!

1 minute ago, LagJanson said:

I appreciate the enthusiasm to architecture... this wasn't one of your better ones. 

That THREE CARTEL MARAUDERS version though...

Yeah I really wanted to get the title and qi'ra in tho