• W - Pava, Nodin, Red Vets x2

• W - Imp Aces

• L - Hatchet man, Vader, Jendon 

• W - starkiller base pilot x2, TIE FO, QuickDraw 

• L - Tavson, starkiller, Kylo 

• L - Anakin, Kenobi, Ric Olie

• W - Nien Numb, Ello, Nodin, Greer

My losses

First loss, my net got too wide to handle the slam/shoot of the gunboat. Some variance made his first shot of the game a one shot kill on a Scyk, but it was going to be a bad spot regardless. Couldn’t pull the match back. This one felt the hardest to win on the day, I killed the shuttle (I think?) and only the low price on the Scyks allowed for the score to be anything but a blow out.

Somewhat wish I didn’t call judge in that Tavson match. Poisoned the atmosphere of the game, never did relax after that, and ran out of time in the end... one more turn and I’d be up on points instead of him. I think the lack of sleep made me a bit short tempered but... Such is life, and I made mistakes early that deserved to cost me the game. Only reason I feel this one didn’t get worse was some very conservative Kylo play that took him off the threat list for multiple turns at a time.

This was a wonderful match of bait and switch from my opponent, and I ended up with a Scyk way out of position when I bit too hard on what became a feint, but my net positioning allowed me to catch the flanking Anakin early and annihilate him. I was in tight as the timer got close... then shieldless Ric sat bullseye to bullseye at range one of a full health Scyk. He got four hits, I rolled an evade and focus... and decided to forgo spending it to focus on offence... forgot crack shot. Whoops. 

For those wondering, I got a range one bullseye shot off in all but round two... and some games I got several. I admittedly jouster the double starkiller list with a flanker hitting from either side... and came out on top. Just tried to force split fire until I managed to get behind them. Poor QuickDraw ate one or two range one bullseyes from out of arc when he flew into the center of the formation and had nowhere to go.

10 minutes ago, Scott Pilgrim2 said:

What happened in the Tavson match that caused you to call a judge?

Player was unaware of the change in stalling rules. Double bump Upsilons for three turns straight off the start. I was short when I talked to him about it and he told me to call the judge so I didn’t threaten him every turn. End result, well, I don’t think either of us were too happy.

3 minutes ago, LagJanson said:

Player was unaware of the change in stalling rules. Double bump Upsilons for three turns straight off the start. I was short when I talked to him about it and he told me to call the judge so I didn’t threaten him every turn. End result, well, I don’t think either of us were too happy.

The judge ignored the established rules? Doesn't seem right.

Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, Scott Pilgrim2 said:

The judge ignored the established rules? Doesn't seem right.

Ignored? No. The judge talked with said player for a bit, discussing that moving Kylo around his own side of the board does not mean he wasn’t stalling. Said something regarding a warning point (issued or otherwise I don’t know, and not my business) and they had somebody standing by the table through the next turn.

Standing by the table was actually all I asked for.

Edited by LagJanson

On 7/31/2019 at 6:01 PM, skotothalamos said:

You. Could. Get. The. Community. To. Self. Submit. To. Listfortress. 

On 7/31/2019 at 6:15 PM, impspy said:

Wait, is this a communal activity that Americans are beating Europeans at?

On 7/31/2019 at 5:12 PM, Brunas said:

Sure you can - players just have to enter their own lists.  Of course, we won't get all the lists, but it takes approximately 5 seconds to add your list.  It's how everything was done before the days of TTT, after all.  Lots of US events are done this way too.

Soooooo, about that and Gencon... :D

Posted (edited)

And @Boom Owl, just heard you saying in the podcast: "Concussions are useful. [...] There are decent missiles. Maybe not perfect, but pretty good."

Is that then not even more true for DBMs? With the potential to be great, but at the cost - and competition - of barrage rockets. Is that such a game changer that they drop from being decent?

Edited by GreenDragoon
corrected quote

Posted (edited)
17 hours ago, gennataos said:

In an attempt to derail the ongoing design session, the likes of which never really do anything...

My GenCon "feels" takeaways:

• Counting is hard
  • Counting TIE fighters is super hard
  • In the 2+ years I've been playing the game, the meta has never felt more wide open and awesome
  • CIS swarms with cards that read like novellas aren't a ton of fun to play against and seem way spookier than they actually are
  • Imperials and Republic confirmed as best "I'm gunna win" bets
  • Everything else is kind of fine, too
  • X-Wing community is the best

Unfortunately FFG decided that's the CIS faction identity and is forcing us to fly them using tactics like making Sith more expensive and everything else cheaper.

We really have very little agency over CIS listbuilding. The only choice us CIS players are allowed to make is to not fly 5 Bellyrubs while calling it "CIS beef" when it's more like "CIS tofu". 

Edited by Polda

4 hours ago, GreenDragoon said:

And @Boom Owl, just heard you saying in the podcast: "Concussions are useful. [...] There are decent missiles. Maybe not perfect, but pretty good."

Is that then not even more true for DBMs? With the potential to be great, but at the cost - and competition - of barrage rockets. Is that such a game changer that they drop from being decent?

DBM are Fine(tm). They're the same price as Concs and arguably better in a decent number of matchups. The difference isn't large.

The unique dot on DBM has a psychological effect on people's listbuilding... they're really just a concussion side-grade for 0pts. If you have 1 concussion missile and make it into DBM, sure, whatever. If you have two, neat, they kinda vaguely synergize together. It cost you nothing; go for it.

Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, GreenDragoon said:

🤔...that was apparently a really rambling way of me trying to say “wedge is fine” without committing to it. I guess? 

I havent tested or fully read Diamond Borons at all since release because I am not done sifting through and attempting to read cards from those gigantic conversion kits. Including Barrage Rockets. It still surprises me that Barrage has tons of charges and can also natively reroll in addition to the focus to fire symbol.

Only missiles I have used are Homers (on tons of rebel awings when they were 3 pts), Barrage ( On 5 gunboats, and tie bombers ), Prockets ( On Vader, GGI, Kylo, and Quickdraw ) and Concussion ( On SFs...cranks the offense up in spots but gunners probably more durable if you save the focus for def and dont chase 3 dice no mods with the sloop ).

So yea. Wedge is fine?

Edited by Boom Owl

22 hours ago, gennataos said:

In an attempt to derail the ongoing design session, the likes of which never really do anything...

My GenCon "feels" takeaways:

• Counting is hard
  • Counting TIE fighters is super hard
  • In the 2+ years I've been playing the game, the meta has never felt more wide open and awesome
  • CIS swarms with cards that read like novellas aren't a ton of fun to play against and seem way spookier than they actually are
  • Imperials and Republic confirmed as best "I'm gunna win" bets
  • Everything else is kind of fine, too
  • X-Wing community is the best

ps git gud also i love you and miss you

5 hours ago, svelok said:

DBM are Fine(tm). They're the same price as Concs and arguably better in a decent number of matchups. The difference isn't large.

The unique dot on DBM has a psychological effect on people's listbuilding... they're really just a concussion side-grade for 0pts. If you have 1 concussion missile and make it into DBM, sure, whatever. If you have two, neat, they kinda vaguely synergize together. It cost you nothing; go for it.

double missile slot restricts what ships it can go on as well

16 minutes ago, GreenDragoon said:

nice! Don't know how you did it, but that's awesome!

Well it won't have all the lists in it, but we can fill out a lot of it quite easily when names/scores are in, as well as matchups just from people's memory - e.g. I can fill in all 7 of my opponents pretty easily when I have their faction, name, and round we played.  Hopefully it works out!

Unfortunately people are STILL putting email addresses and phone numbers on squad sheets, so I wasn't able to get the actual lists (very understandably) :( 

Posted (edited)
24 minutes ago, Brunas said:

As far as I know it never came up!

edit: I don't think padme made an appearance at the tournament

No photo description available.

here's your screenshot h0ss

And to clarify, that should be 'adding a result is a modification'

Edited by jagsba

13 minutes ago, jagsba said:

No photo description available.

here's your screenshot h0ss

And to clarify, that should be 'adding a result is a modification'

did you edit out the publicly known judges/head judge for gencon?  dank.

also, inb4 someone comes to talk about null pointers

1 minute ago, Brunas said:

did you edit out the publicly known judges/head judge for gencon?  dank.

also, inb4 someone comes to talk about null pointers

i clipped it before the event and had it on the krayt group, figured I'd spare them from getting bombarded with inane questions from the masses.

it's like /r/BPT, adding a very small hurdle keeps out most of the trolls.