SaltMaster 5000

Carolina Krayts is the best X-Wing podcast

Posted (edited)

yes, we got our controversy! Matt used the wrong dials for his inquisitors (with nonsensical but legal maneuvers) and walked it back. Presumably with marshall and/or opponent approval

e: by yes I mean oh no, and by wrong I mean he litterally had taken the wrong one. Used his green one for yellow and vice versa. So, by controversy I mean twitch chat as usual

Edited by GreenDragoon

55 minutes ago, GreenDragoon said:

yes, we got our controversy! Matt used the wrong dials for his inquisitors (with nonsensical but legal maneuvers) and walked it back. Presumably with marshall and/or opponent approval

e: by yes I mean oh no, and by wrong I mean he litterally had taken the wrong one. Used his green one for yellow and vice versa. So, by controversy I mean twitch chat as usual

It's fine, he was playing Tracer, so he just used recall

45 minutes ago, MasterShake2 said:

I mean, it did almost nothing in the last 2 games, so...maybe? It's not there are other fierce force powers floating around and it's free at R1.

Tyler Tippett can stand on his soapbox about how good it can be, but heroic gibbing a Soontir nevertheless presents a funny counterpoint.

3 hours ago, DoubleDown11 said:

So I think everyone involved in this discussion point now has basically been saying "decisions are important but dice can have a significant impact" so... I guess the real lessons learned through this topic were the friends we made along the way?

I think that's correct, but I'd append, " ... so acting as if they don't is both counter-productive and, in some situations, kinda douchey."

27 minutes ago, Hiemfire said:

Yes. Jendon, Grand Inq, and 2 Generic Inquisitors. Lost to Rebublic Aces w/ regen

Terrific showing.

I did just catch the end of that game but wasn't sure it was the final.

Jendon seems really key in that list. Little bit of a shame for me there, don't really enjoy flying the Lambda :D

Such efficient little missile carriers :)

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Cuz05 said:

Terrific showing.

I did just catch the end of that game but wasn't sure it was the final.

Jendon seems really key in that list. Little bit of a shame for me there, don't really enjoy flying the Lambda :D

Such efficient little missile carriers :)

The craziest part is how he tweaked and legitimized a meme list so many flew to ineffectivity back in the November-ish timeframes (ooh, shiny 3 I7 attacks single modded and left to die, lol). He flew it brilliantly, the absolute madman. Nobody ever would have seen the TAP as good, and he subverts all expectations.

-Edit- Forgot that the attacks of the hp meme list were double modded, but the defense was unmodded anyways.

Edited by player3010587

1 hour ago, player3010587 said:

So is R2D2 Han Deadpool? A disgusting cancerous mass that refuses to die? Not saying Han is busted, he's fine where he is. But he's never fun to play against.

only Deadpool can kill off Deadpool, so we'll have to wait and see what happens...

41 minutes ago, Do I need a Username said:

Also, since I know some people in this thread are angry about Force and / or regen, if you could change just one which would it be?

I feel regen is far more problematic then force, they raised the cost of r2 for Jedi and it’s still super worth it. It’s the old “well I better get rid of something else”

its like I totally  understand force is easy mode in its own way....but anything i5 or 6 with hyper mobility and regen is the same problem we have been dealing with since 1.0...and even limited it’s still a problem. Han regen is a problem too... imagine if vader or kylo could regen...

45 minutes ago, Do I need a Username said:

Also, since I know some people in this thread are angry about Force and / or regen, if you could change just one which would it be?

I would change something fundamental. Either regen won't bring back points, or force can only be regenerated when X (not stressed?)

Both are too complicated though.

7 minutes ago, GreenDragoon said:

I would change something fundamental. Either regen won't bring back points, or force can only be regenerated when X (not stressed?)

Both are too complicated though.

I mean it could just be regen is still undercosted...or needs to me limited to 1 in a list....it needs to be like all the other super strong mechanics...if your taking this then it’s gonna massively hinder your squad

Posted (edited)
12 hours ago, FlyingAnchors said:

Does composure  work off of Arvel’s ability?  

Doesn't matter, as it will surpass reapers, afterburners Maarek, and even Snap himself in its delicious disgusting efficiency on the TIE/ba. Good on Vonreg as a "shoot, he caught me! Turtle up!" card, good on the I5 to spam as he shoves his deplete/strain to friends, and good on the I3 with stealth device to just go aggro and take the strain for at least a turn.

Change of subject, but not wanting a double post:

Since CLT won a big tourney, people will inevitably fly it more. And CLT synergizes with Obi almost as much as clone friends do. Is this Axe's moment to shine, especially when Snapshot comes out? Or is this when dedicated I3 blues at only 29pt apiece shine brightly and reduce the need for a regen droid?

Edited by player3010587

4 minutes ago, player3010587 said:

Since CLT won a big tourney, people will inevitably fly it more.

5 minutes ago, player3010587 said:

Yes.

6 minutes ago, player3010587 said:

Is this Axe's moment to shine, especially when Snapshot comes out? Or is this when dedicated I3 blues at only 29pt apiece shine brightly and reduce the need for a regen droid?

No.

4 minutes ago, TheOz said:

I mean it could just be regen is still undercosted...or needs to me limited to 1 in a list....it needs to be like all the other super strong mechanics...if your taking this then it’s gonna massively hinder your squad

Of course. The question is what regen should achieve.

Should it save your halfpoints, as it primarily does now, with all the side effects of disengaging and running and leading to a more defensive playstyle?
Or should it save your ship instead, possibly with the side effect of more aggressive play, or at least no as defensive as the other one?

Regen would still be good, it would still help to save points. Just not half points. But as I said, too complicated I guess.

13 minutes ago, GreenDragoon said:

Regen would still be good, it would still help to save points. Just not half points. But as I said, too complicated I guess.

This would be ideal and with only regen droids it wouldn't be that hard to keep track of dealt damage.

Problem is the wording. How do you keep track of the damage? How do you count shields regened before threshold? Remaining Shields - spent charges? And there will be this weird specific scenario where Spare Parts Canister charge is spent but both players are arguing what it was spent on.

If regen is a part of most competitive lists in six months, FFG will make it more expensive. Higher cost would make the ship itself higher pts bunker, but you wouldn't be able to afford other bells and whistles and/or a huge bid.

12 minutes ago, Pink_Viking said:

This would be ideal and with only regen droids it wouldn't be that hard to keep track of dealt damage.

Problem is the wording. How do you keep track of the damage? How do you count shields regened before threshold? Remaining Shields - spent charges? And there will be this weird specific scenario where Spare Parts Canister charge is spent but both players are arguing what it was spent on.

If regen is a part of most competitive lists in six months, FFG will make it more expensive. Higher cost would make the ship itself higher pts bunker, but you wouldn't be able to afford other bells and whistles and/or a huge bid.

1. Yes, use the charges to determine whether or not it regened above half (Recur charges by removing shields)

2. For Spare Parts, is there a debris field on the board or not?  I'm willing to not count this, and only the regen on the droid.

3. R2-D2 is easy, just check if the ship has a damage card or not - if yes, remove that last shield.  Same for Miranda I guess.