SaltMaster 5000

Carolina Krayts is the best X-Wing podcast

21 minutes ago, GreenDragoon said:

Yeah I would have but I have an official appointment on Thursday that I can't move. You can be assured that I'm a practice dummy though :)

I'll join Friday, so we'll meet then I hope!

I bet you are: with so many 5As around I would love to have you as a sparring partner too

3 hours ago, Sunitsa said:

I bet you are: with so many 5As around I would love to have you as a sparring partner too

Just finished taking a close look. The list variety is crazy high! Of course the format helps there, but a lot of these lists seem really viable to me.

Lol the fireball looks like it could achieve Dengaroo-levels of stress.  First, you take a damage card at setup.  The title looks like it says you can search the deck and pick a specific one.  Choose Panicked Pilot.

Next, equip Coaxium Hyperfuel.  That lets you SLAM while stressed in exchange for exposing a damage card, and/or SLAM after partially executing in exchange for exposing a damage card, and isn't charge-based.

So, you get a (not so great, honestly) ship that can SLAM every single round at I5, even when you bump them, in exchange for never taking a different action.  Seems fine and balanced (probably), but also hilariously broken.

7 minutes ago, svelok said:

8 Resistance (6.8%)

I would love those odds for top5 resistance player

7 minutes ago, svelok said:

4 First Order (3.4%)

Maybe I should go to FO...

8 minutes ago, svelok said:

118 players (% of total)

That's just day 1? So, yesterday?

3 minutes ago, pyoinator said:

Another 100-150 players will play tomorrow

1 minute ago, GreenDragoon said:

Thanks, then I completely misunderstood @svelok

He didn't say there is only day 1 overall - just that "these 118 are only day 1, and that's today" in that case?

That is exactly what I meant... it was me that misunderstood.

Gencon has today listed as Day 1, and the top cut listed as Day 2. But there is another day of swiss tomorrow, and the cut is Sunday, yes. I just misinterpreted the event listing.

11 hours ago, GreenDragoon said:

Playing devil's advocat: Maybe it is, unironically? As long as it's not followed by the usual green dice power creep?

To play devil's devil's advocat: Depletion tokens are totally not green dice power creep. They have a pew pew symbol on them!

Posted (edited)
26 minutes ago, player2072913 said:

To play devil's devil's advocat: Depletion tokens are totally not green dice power creep. They have a pew pew symbol on them!

If only some playtesters would confirm that it is, in fact, reducing attack

edit: /s! Obviously don't do that. It was more a jab at the overly sure speculation. My POV is that we don't know yet what it does. And as I have no clue who is a playtester, I'm always a bit suspicious that some of them could spill the beans by being too sure about it.

Edited by GreenDragoon

7 minutes ago, GreenDragoon said:

Jesus no super out. I'd much rather just not know until release than have playtesters feeling obligated to give us mechanics. I don't know if that's technically NDA-violating but it certainly seems like NDA bad faith.

9 minutes ago, GreenDragoon said:

Which, imo, the game doesn’t need right now if you actually want things to be destroyed.

Just now, svelok said:

Jesus no super out. I'd much rather just not know until release than have playtesters feeling obligated to give us mechanics. I don't know if that's technically NDA-violating but it certainly seems like NDA bad faith.

I guess the sarcasm was not obvious enough. It's such a bad idea that I thought it would be.

Just now, GreenDragoon said:

I guess the sarcasm was not obvious enough. It's such a bad idea that I thought it would be.

The People would shake playtesters upside down for spare NDA-violating change if they could... its a reflex. 

I will say my panic over Depletion tokens is mostly driven by the mag warheads. System phase depletion, like vonregs ability, is the least alarming aspect of that expansion.

Just now, svelok said:

The People would shake playtesters upside down for spare NDA-violating change if they could... its a reflex. 

I will say my panic over Depletion tokens is mostly driven by the mag warheads. System phase depletion, like vonregs ability, is the least alarming aspect of that expansion.

See my edit: "edit: /s! Obviously don't do that. It was more a jab at the overly sure speculation. My POV is that we don't know yet what it does. And as I have no clue who is a playtester, I'm always a bit suspicious that some of them could spill the beans by being too sure about it."

7 minutes ago, GreenDragoon said:

See my edit: "edit: /s! Obviously don't do that. It was more a jab at the overly sure speculation. My POV is that we don't know yet what it does. And as I have no clue who is a playtester, I'm always a bit suspicious that some of them could spill the beans by being too sure about it."

Ok you convinced me, here is what it does:

Depleted: Before attacking, the player must consider that not only will missed shots will travel forever into the great dark nothingness, we too are fundamentally bound for existential void. The player may then discard the deplete token and attack as normal. Entropy Increases.

19 minutes ago, Kaptin Krunch said:

I am a playtesters

Depletion tokens give -2 red dice except in bullseye

They are cleared in the arm-wrestling phase, which happens after system, if you can beat your opponent in arm wrestling twice in a row, or in the end phase if the turn count is evenly divisible by 3.

Future Xwing players:

ZfTqp9EjFx-3.png