SaltMaster 5000

Carolina Krayts is the best X-Wing podcast

2 hours ago, Ablazoned said:

We don't know if vonreg has 3 agility, or autothrusters (i'd bet he doesn't), or other ways of flexible arc-dodging.

The ship chassis is bullseye oriented. Thus, other words occupy the auto thruster word slot (Dead to Rights would be badass)   I'm assuming a weaker linked action bar than the glory of the Silencer (a la Fang Fighter/TIEV1). I can't imagine a fancy interceptor not having 3 agi. And since the Silencer is arguably one of the best chassis, the omission of the evade action for balance's sake doesn't seem necessary.

Even if Kylo/Blackout + Vonreg + friend/upgrades is the best full on ace build with the ship, 3 I6 would be fun. Heck, even if it means no upgrades and no gunner for QD, 3I6 + I7 sounds like memey fun.

Posted (edited)

Sooooooo 

star_wars_resistance___kazuda_s_ship__fi

This is actually pretty cool. Resistance badly needs a 2nd "real" spaceship. 

Pods dont count because they are ridiculous. RZ2As are just boosting turrets so they dont really count. 

So happy that we might finally be able to build a real Resistance Starfighter squadron with T70s and this lil Fireball as filler. 

Edited by Boom Owl

15 hours ago, bitsai said:

Yeah, it does seem like only one instance of each archetype is pulled for certain events; for example, the Jacksonville Hyperspace Trial (https://listfortress.com/tournaments/843) had 2 Sinker + 104th + 4xTorrent lists, but only one of them is shown in the archetype page: https://meta.listfortress.com/ship_combos/1405/squadrons?

But as svelok pointed out, whole tournaments seem to be missing as well; the Paducah Hyperspace Trial (https://listfortress.com/tournaments/890) was won by another Sinker + 104th + 4xTorrent list, but that's not showing up in the archetype page at all.

Hmm I don't have slack on my phone - @Kerbocat can you pass along the weird behavior (if someone hasn't already)

On 7/12/2019 at 10:28 AM, Brunas said:

We have to fight @Killerardvark on his bad take on exploiting stalemates

If Vader, Mauler, and Backstabber jousted like men, the battle would have been over before Han could intervene! Kill 8 light fighters and think your up on points then Luke rolls natties. 

And what's with the Empire's strategy? Come out of hyperspace on the other side of Yavin and just slowly orbit? Clearly stalling is a bad strategy.

Just look at Arvel, took down a whole Super Star Destroyer, no stalling. His A-Wing was faster, he could have ran to time!

Posted (edited)

must know more about card packs!!!! can anyone see past the potato photos of the rear of the boxes? do they reveal anything about new cards... I think I saw a resistance bomber....

assuming Q1/2020 is due to new pilots for Resistance/FO potentially movie spoiling

Edited by Wiredin

58 minutes ago, jagsba said:

2 2 6 on the fireball with that action bar means its going to be just too expensive to be the resistance V-19, doesn't it? :(

It's basically a 2 2 5, since it takes a damage card at the beginning of the game.

Also the abilities have something to do with exposing damage

1 hour ago, Wiredin said:

must know more about card packs!!!! can anyone see past the potato photos of the rear of the boxes? do they reveal anything about new cards... I think I saw a resistance bomber....

assuming Q1/2020 is due to new pilots for Resistance/FO potentially movie spoiling

Full contents lists are on the product pages.

https://www.fantasyflightgames.com/en/products/x-wing-second-edition/products/fully-loaded-devices-pack/

https://www.fantasyflightgames.com/en/products/x-wing-second-edition/products/never-tell-me-odds-obstacles-pack/

https://www.fantasyflightgames.com/en/products/x-wing-second-edition/products/hotshots-and-aces-reinforcements-pack/

Now, that doesn't tell us what all the stuff means, but it's got the names, at least.

3 hours ago, Smikies02 said:

It's basically a 2 2 5, since it takes a damage card at the beginning of the game.

Also the abilities have something to do with exposing damage

Yeah. A friend pointed that out right after. Fluffy AF.

Boba is i5+ consistently double modded offense; but that's just Boba

Redline is i5+ consistently double modded offense; but that's just... Redline

Force users are i5+ consistently double modded offense; but that's just... force users... so...

Vonreg's is i5+ consistently double modded offense; but... that's... just... Vonreg's... so... it's fine...

it's fine... 2.0 is all fine here...

3 hours ago, svelok said:

Boba is i5+ consistently double modded offense; but that's just Boba

Redline is i5+ consistently double modded offense; but that's just... Redline

Force users are i5+ consistently double modded offense; but that's just... force users... so...

Vonreg's is i5+ consistently double modded offense; but... that's... just... Vonreg's... so... it's fine...

it's fine... 2.0 is all fine here...

Playing devil's advocat: Maybe it is, unironically? As long as it's not followed by the usual green dice power creep?

13 hours ago, svelok said:

I see no way that i5 slam or i6 focus+lock could somehow become degenerate

this is perfectly fine

I'm not panicking, you're panicking

Lucky for us neither of them can take the new Mag-Pulse Warh... 

giphy.gif

XTC lists are out! http://www.starfightersitalia.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/08/XTC-19_lists_final-2.pdf

@yankees what do you think about team USA? Are Manzano, tippet, Yun and nuckles (plus the added Italian, this year we are in so many teams, I'm playing with Scotland as a literal last minute replacement lol) ready to export democracy in the old continent? 

@GreenDragoonI noticed there is a team Swiss at this XTC, I was excited you might have been there but since the Swiss aren't bringing 5As I suppose you won't... 

12 minutes ago, Sunitsa said:

@GreenDragoonI noticed there is a team Swiss at this XTC, I was excited you might have been there but since the Swiss aren't bringing 5As I suppose you won't... 

Yeah I would have but I have an official appointment on Thursday that I can't move. You can be assured that I'm a practice dummy though :)

I'll join Friday, so we'll meet then I hope!