SaltMaster 5000

Carolina Krayts is the best X-Wing podcast

5 hours ago, Sunitsa said:

What are you guys going to play at gencon? I need list to copy for the European. 

I brought two. One, people had been playing and probably should still be playing. The other one, no one should be playing. 

5 hours ago, Sunitsa said:

What are you guys going to play at gencon? I need list to copy for the European. 

Good question. Still have two whole days to figure it out! It's normal to just throw a bunch of stuff you might potentially need and take it to gencon, right? 🤔🤔🤔

4 minutes ago, Brunas said:

Good question. Still have two whole days to figure it out! It's normal to just throw a bunch of stuff you might potentially need and take it to gencon, right? 🤔🤔🤔

this seems like a very common sentiment for people going to gencon this year and thats pretty exciting. 

6 hours ago, Sunitsa said:

We were hoping for meta data from you, except FFG's flubbed distribution meant that there were no passive sensors for Nu/SF spam, no Plasma Torps for Wedge, no Marksmanship Autoblaster Poe, full mod Whispers, or reinforced Redlines.

But tbh, I like the confusion with a current lack of data because it makes me feel less bad about the silliness I was going to field anyway.

10 minutes ago, player3010587 said:

We were hoping for meta data from you, except FFG's flubbed distribution meant that there were no passive sensors for Nu/SF spam, no Plasma Torps for Wedge, no Marksmanship Autoblaster Poe, full mod Whispers, or reinforced Redlines.

It feels like I said that everywhere already:

We. Can't. Give. You. SOS. Lists. From. Europe.

It's not a choice.

There is no BCP, and that means we can't have volunteers from around the continent/globe help grabbing the lists from an online depository.
The only "realistic" options that I see is to run through the players during the first round and take pictures of every list, or to steal/ask for the stack of lists from FFG and take a picture of every single one.

1 minute ago, GreenDragoon said:

It's not a choice.

There is no BCP, and that means we can't have volunteers from around the continent/globe help grabbing the lists from an online depository.
The only "realistic" options that I see is to run through the players during the first round and take pictures of every list, or to steal/ask for the stack of lists from FFG and take a picture of every single one.

That's not what I'm saying. I've seen a bunch of the lists talked on the forums/on stream, but said data doesn't help much because a massive variable (Wave 4 in its entirety) is pretended to not have existed.

5 minutes ago, player3010587 said:

That's not what I'm saying. I've seen a bunch of the lists talked on the forums/on stream, but said data doesn't help much because a massive variable (Wave 4 in its entirety) is pretended to not have existed.

Sorry, then I misunderstood you because I've seen the point I argued against way too often in the past days.

For what it's worth, I don't think the impact of wave 4 is large enough to nullify the results. If something worked well in Paris then it will likely work well at Gencon.

51 minutes ago, GreenDragoon said:

It's not a choice.

Sure you can - players just have to enter their own lists.  Of course, we won't get all the lists, but it takes approximately 5 seconds to add your list.  It's how everything was done before the days of TTT, after all.  Lots of US events are done this way too.

Just now, Brunas said:

Sure you can - players just have to enter their own lists.  Of course, we won't get all the lists, but it takes approximately 5 seconds to add your list.  It's how everything was done before the days of TTT, after all.  Lots of US events are done this way too.

I disagree for 2 reasons:

1) Entering the own list works at events with few participants, but not at such large ones. If you disagree - let's see how well it goes at Gencon.

2) An incomplete tournament is not as interesting, especially if the question is what works well. Which is the question early in a wave. And that needs the low placing lists, too.

Nevertheless I'll start. I have 9 lists to enter after all.

13 minutes ago, GreenDragoon said:

I disagree for 2 reasons:

1) Entering the own list works at events with few participants, but not at such large ones. If you disagree - let's see how well it goes at Gencon.

2) An incomplete tournament is not as interesting, especially if the question is what works well. Which is the question early in a wave. And that needs the low placing lists, too.

Nevertheless I'll start. I have 9 lists to enter after all.

I agree completely, it's not perfect, but it's much better than nothing.  They usually look something like this: http://lists.starwarsclubhouse.com/get_tourney_details?tourney_id=1937

Also, thanks.

9 minutes ago, GreenDragoon said:

8 from the cut so far

https://listfortress.com/tournaments/916

Unfortunately they have to be taken with a grain of salt, because the source I'm using was wrong on at least two lists. Not that anyone will ever know #vandalism

image.thumb.png.fada2e2666018698ce408a3bb0a8bfd3.png

this guy.... this guy has big balls. I'd fly that. but I would enjoy my bottom tables 0-5 record with that. 

3 minutes ago, skotothalamos said:

no, we only get good SOS data because @Brunas's crack commando team invades BCP and extracts all the data before they can install

Just in case that this is sarcasm: yes, you do.

Also, the cut is now in there. I have 12/23 lists and can add 7 more for the field. But it I still doubt that it's useful.