Jump to content
SaltMaster 5000

Carolina Krayts is the best X-Wing podcast

Recommended Posts

5 hours ago, Sunitsa said:

What are you guys going to play at gencon? I need list to copy for the European. 

I brought two. One, people had been playing and probably should still be playing. The other one, no one should be playing. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Sunitsa said:

What are you guys going to play at gencon? I need list to copy for the European. 

Good question. Still have two whole days to figure it out! It's normal to just throw a bunch of stuff you might potentially need and take it to gencon, right? 🤔🤔🤔

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Brunas said:

Good question. Still have two whole days to figure it out! It's normal to just throw a bunch of stuff you might potentially need and take it to gencon, right? 🤔🤔🤔

this seems like a very common sentiment for people going to gencon this year and thats pretty exciting. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Sunitsa said:

What are you guys going to play at gencon? I need list to copy for the European. 

We were hoping for meta data from you, except FFG's flubbed distribution meant that there were no passive sensors for Nu/SF spam, no Plasma Torps for Wedge, no Marksmanship Autoblaster Poe, full mod Whispers, or reinforced Redlines.

But tbh, I like the confusion with a current lack of data because it makes me feel less bad about the silliness I was going to field anyway.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, player3010587 said:

We were hoping for meta data from you, except FFG's flubbed distribution meant that there were no passive sensors for Nu/SF spam, no Plasma Torps for Wedge, no Marksmanship Autoblaster Poe, full mod Whispers, or reinforced Redlines.

It feels like I said that everywhere already:

We. Can't. Give. You. SOS. Lists. From. Europe.

It's not a choice.

There is no BCP, and that means we can't have volunteers from around the continent/globe help grabbing the lists from an online depository.
The only "realistic" options that I see is to run through the players during the first round and take pictures of every list, or to steal/ask for the stack of lists from FFG and take a picture of every single one.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, GreenDragoon said:

It feels like I said that everywhere already:

We. Can't. Give. You. SOS. Lists. From. Europe.

It's not a choice.

There is no BCP, and that means we can't have volunteers from around the continent/globe help grabbing the lists from an online depository.
The only "realistic" options that I see is to run through the players during the first round and take pictures of every list, or to steal/ask for the stack of lists from FFG and take a picture of every single one.

That's not what I'm saying. I've seen a bunch of the lists talked on the forums/on stream, but said data doesn't help much because a massive variable (Wave 4 in its entirety) is pretended to not have existed.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, player3010587 said:

That's not what I'm saying. I've seen a bunch of the lists talked on the forums/on stream, but said data doesn't help much because a massive variable (Wave 4 in its entirety) is pretended to not have existed.

Sorry, then I misunderstood you because I've seen the point I argued against way too often in the past days.

For what it's worth, I don't think the impact of wave 4 is large enough to nullify the results. If something worked well in Paris then it will likely work well at Gencon.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
51 minutes ago, GreenDragoon said:

It feels like I said that everywhere already:

We. Can't. Give. You. SOS. Lists. From. Europe.

It's not a choice.

There is no BCP, and that means we can't have volunteers from around the continent/globe help grabbing the lists from an online depository.
The only "realistic" options that I see is to run through the players during the first round and take pictures of every list, or to steal/ask for the stack of lists from FFG and take a picture of every single one.

Sure you can - players just have to enter their own lists.  Of course, we won't get all the lists, but it takes approximately 5 seconds to add your list.  It's how everything was done before the days of TTT, after all.  Lots of US events are done this way too.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Brunas said:

Sure you can - players just have to enter their own lists.  Of course, we won't get all the lists, but it takes approximately 5 seconds to add your list.  It's how everything was done before the days of TTT, after all.  Lots of US events are done this way too.

I disagree for 2 reasons:

1) Entering the own list works at events with few participants, but not at such large ones. If you disagree - let's see how well it goes at Gencon.

2) An incomplete tournament is not as interesting, especially if the question is what works well. Which is the question early in a wave. And that needs the low placing lists, too.

Nevertheless I'll start. I have 9 lists to enter after all.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, GreenDragoon said:

I disagree for 2 reasons:

1) Entering the own list works at events with few participants, but not at such large ones. If you disagree - let's see how well it goes at Gencon.

2) An incomplete tournament is not as interesting, especially if the question is what works well. Which is the question early in a wave. And that needs the low placing lists, too.

Nevertheless I'll start. I have 9 lists to enter after all.

I agree completely, it's not perfect, but it's much better than nothing.  They usually look something like this: http://lists.starwarsclubhouse.com/get_tourney_details?tourney_id=1937

 

Also, thanks.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, GreenDragoon said:

8 from the cut so far

https://listfortress.com/tournaments/916

Unfortunately they have to be taken with a grain of salt, because the source I'm using was wrong on at least two lists. Not that anyone will ever know #vandalism

image.thumb.png.fada2e2666018698ce408a3bb0a8bfd3.png

 

this guy.... this guy has big balls. I'd fly that. but I would enjoy my bottom tables 0-5 record with that. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, skotothalamos said:

no, we only get good SOS data because @Brunas's crack commando team invades BCP and extracts all the data before they can install

Just in case that this is sarcasm: yes, you do.

 

Also, the cut is now in there. I have 12/23 lists and can add 7 more for the field. But it I still doubt that it's useful.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...