SaltMaster 5000

Carolina Krayts is the best X-Wing podcast

6 minutes ago, Wiredin said:

I'll be sitting back with popcorn waiting for all the different rule questions up in the air to make people super sad. ie: Cova R4. I expect this to fail on stream Dion....

I am not even sure how Cova is ruled with something like R4. The dial shows a red, but R4 reduces it...

I am just not smart enough for this stuff.

8 minutes ago, Wiredin said:

R4 is a constant effect, kind of like hull upgrade. so it essentially turns it white. Cova would not work. 

Editors note: this is very hotly contested by a minority. Ask your TO and make sure you're running resistance if they're going to let you do it.

9 minutes ago, Brunas said:

Editors note: this is very hotly contested by a minority. Ask your TO and make sure you're running resistance if they're going to let you do it.

no no no, we must watch the salt of all the people who assume and fail!!! I got money on the CLT people rowing down the saltiest of rivers. 

for those of you who were afraid to join the Discord (wise choice probably btw but the invite is still open...) I need to share this here too, because I'm proud of it

New_Template_Landscape_-_Copy.jpg

Wish I were going to GenCon so I could share these with y'all but I will distribute them at the Fort Collins Hyperspace Trial... (maybe Littleton too if they ship on time)

But let me know if you want some, I can figure something out

2 minutes ago, Kieransi said:

for those of you who were afraid to join the Discord (wise choice probably btw but the invite is still open...) I need to share this here too, because I'm proud of it

New_Template_Landscape_-_Copy.jpg

Wish I were going to GenCon so I could share these with y'all but I will distribute them at the Fort Collins Hyperspace Trial... (maybe Littleton too if they ship on time)

But let me know if you want some, I can figure something out

Can't join if we don't have a link. ;)

Just now, MegaSilver said:

Can't join if we don't have a link. ;)

yeah I know, I don't post links because I don't want to deal with bots. PM if you're interested

Standard disclaimer for all Krayt stuff, it's probably a raging dumpster fire in there as we speak

(also I don't blame anyone who didn't see the original conversation about it, it was on like page 400)

On 6/19/2018 at 11:47 PM, Boom Owl said:

I kinda expect Soontir to be between 70-65 pts. Less than Vader but more than Grand Quiz and about equal with a generic Defender. 

On 6/4/2018 at 1:18 PM, RStan said:

I'm guessing 4 base strikers and a Sloane carrier could fit another crew onto said carrier in a 200 pt list, but I wouldn't expect bombs too. Maybe we'll be surprised. I can hope for that since I'm all in on that Sloane Striker swarm, but I'm not expecting it. 

Anybody going to the in flight report? I’d like somebody to ask what the heck is up with asmodee distribution. Our store still hasn’t got wave IV (other local stores did) - annoyed, but can remain patient for now.

24 minutes ago, LagJanson said:

Anybody going to the in flight report? I’d like somebody to ask what the heck is up with asmodee distribution. Our store still hasn’t got wave IV (other local stores did) - annoyed, but can remain patient for now.

this doesn't seem like the sort of thing the development team has power over

6 hours ago, Cuz05 said:

Right. So this.

The Unexpectables

(51) "Echo" [TIE/ph Phantom]
(6) Outmaneuver
(9) Fifth Brother
(3) Passive Sensors
(6) Afterburners

(43) Seventh Sister [TIE Advanced v1]
(5) Sense

(67) Darth Vader [TIE Advanced x1]
(6) Afterburners
(2) Fire-Control System

Total points: 198

The trick is Sensing who Echo wants to dodge, so she can smash the one she already has figured out.

That's not an easy dial to set.

Take out the Sense carrier. Go for it. Please. It's way over there. Easy target. Or don't :)

I tend to think of any Vader/Seventh Sister/Fifth Brother as a Twilight of the Apprentice list:

https://starwars.fandom.com/wiki/Twilight_of_the_Apprentice

2 hours ago, LagJanson said:

Wow. All our stores got stock, and we don't live anywhere near the center of the universe... Aka toronto)

Posted (edited)
7 hours ago, Jeff Wilder said:

I'm not free to dive very deep into a rules-search, but aren't decloaking and Sense "during the System phase"?  Can I not choose which to perform first?

There’s an entire section of the rulebook called “System Phase” that’s pretty easy to find, but I’ll copy-paste for you:

“The System Phase is the second phase of a round. During this phase, the sequence of play starts with the ship with the lowest initiative and continues in ascending order.”

Edited by skotothalamos

All you day 1B plebs panicking about a meta! We in the day 1A round know that this meta is assumed to be open, with only the Krayt and Birmingham deepweb solving and defeating it, hidden from plain sight! You can follow the meta of our precedent and PANIC about it, haha! We'll enjoy the confusion in Crossroads Classic 3 Part 2: Electric Boogaloo!

23 minutes ago, player3010587 said:

All you day 1B plebs panicking about a meta! We in the day 1A round know that this meta is assumed to be open, with only the Krayt and Birmingham deepweb solving and defeating it, hidden from plain sight! You can follow the meta of our precedent and PANIC about it, haha! We'll enjoy the confusion in Crossroads Classic 3 Part 2: Electric Boogaloo!

Yes Mr. Dealer, whatever drug this man has been on