SaltMaster 5000

Carolina Krayts is the best X-Wing podcast

40 minutes ago, player3010587 said:

-expensive tragedy sim memes. Not good for a 7 game tourney based on the odds of seeing something that just doesn't care, but auto killing the already weak CIS is funny. I will say that with wave 4, people have overlooked Cat. Delayed fuses are only 1 pt. and Cat is only 1pt. more than Cobalt. The option to turn your launched bomb into a 7th fleet gunner (WITH NO DICE MAX OR COOLDOWN) is big money. Why do that instead of detonating the bomb? VTG. 4 dice base primary followed by a 3 dice base bonus. An expensive meme, but makes you feel like God when you pull it off.

I feel like everyone is sleeping on that **** bomber. Glad none of my local Resistance players are picking it up.

46 minutes ago, player3010587 said:

- Rey + Poe. A ghost of its 1st edition version, the list can still slug a lot of damage yet escape quickly if need be. Marksmanship autoblaster Poe is seriously slept on.

I had this one with me in Paris, too. I am really bad with large bases, so I would only lower everyone's expectation for the list even more. But I think there is something to it.

1 hour ago, Micanthropyre said:

I think Wave 4 will have a decent impact, but since we don't know the meta we don't know exactly how. Anakin N-1 with Sense on another ship is Excellent because uh, free pre move roll? That right there is a strong play against aces. Hyenas likely will have a role to play as well. I don't think the passive sensor ordinance generics are going to be that big. Plasmas are going to be great against Beef-like things, if those become a part of the meta. 

yes I fully agree. I also had Obi, Mace and N1Anakin with protons passive for the HS qualifier. Mace with Sense. What I did not think of at the time is the obvious composure. What if Anakin could turn his force into a focus to actually double mod his proton torp? I have 1 pt left...

I think wave 4 stuff will be able to play along, but not to dominate to a degree that pushes previous top lists out. The points change has more of an impact. So I don't think we should ignore Paris - not that we have much of a choice, as we don't get the lists anyway...

2 hours ago, GreenDragoon said:

I get that sense Vader and passive sensor Whisper are nice next to each other. But is it that much of a difference for individual builds?

Whisper is i5 and Vader is i6, so you have to decloak before you get to look at a dial. I wonder if this is better with a lower-initiative Sense.

1 minute ago, skotothalamos said:

Whisper is i5 and Vader is i6, so you have to decloak before you get to look at a dial. I wonder if this is better with a lower-initiative Sense.

But what if I really want to do it the other way?

It's probably a really bad idea, but a v1 with Sense? How much work do people get out of Duchess? She only ever explodes in a blaze of glory for me.

iirc tomorrow is the deadline for sending the XTC lists and probably they will be public soon after, that would be an interesting insight on the worldwide meta, including USA this time if I'm not mistaken.

It will be heavily skewed by the tournament being team based, but I'm excited to see what so many different country will consider good enough to be played by their national team

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, skotothalamos said:

Word.

Try Sense Seventh Sister and Echo if you enjoy melting brains. Your own included. I'm not opening that can of worms again.

Edited by Cuz05
Vader was my 3rd ship, actually..... Oh great. Now I'm thinking about going back to it with new things.

Posted (edited)

Right. So this.

The Unexpectables

(51) "Echo" [TIE/ph Phantom]
(6) Outmaneuver
(9) Fifth Brother
(3) Passive Sensors
(6) Afterburners

(43) Seventh Sister [TIE Advanced v1]
(5) Sense

(67) Darth Vader [TIE Advanced x1]
(6) Afterburners
(2) Fire-Control System

Total points: 198

The trick is Sensing who Echo wants to dodge, so she can smash the one she already has figured out.

That's not an easy dial to set.

Take out the Sense carrier. Go for it. Please. It's way over there. Easy target. Or don't :)

Edited by Cuz05
Collision Detector helps more than Sensors tbh. But new thing. Plus Afterburners.

That looks fine.  My love for Echo can't be repeated enough.  ( ... )

A little re-jiggering also gets me:

Darth Vader — TIE Advanced x1 67
Sense 5
Fire-Control System 2
Afterburners 6
Ship Total: 80
Half Points: 40 Threshold: 3

“Echo” — TIE/ph Phantom 51
Outmaneuver 6
Fifth Brother 9
Afterburners 6
Ship Total: 72
Half Points: 36 Threshold: 3

“Duchess” — TIE/sk Striker 42
Shield Upgrade 6
Ship Total: 48
Half Points: 24 Threshold: 3

15 minutes ago, Jeff Wilder said:

That looks fine.  My love for Echo can't be repeated enough.  ( ... )

A little re-jiggering also gets me:

Nice.... nice..... But if you're sensing after the decloak, you're not drinking strong enough spirits :)

1 hour ago, Cuz05 said:

Nice.... nice..... But if you're sensing after the decloak, you're not drinking strong enough spirits :)

I'm not free to dive very deep into a rules-search, but aren't decloaking and Sense "during the System phase"?  Can I not choose which to perform first?

5 hours ago, Scott Pilgrim2 said:

Fully expect people to bring that to GenCon and feel salty about it.

I'll be sitting back with popcorn waiting for all the different rule questions up in the air to make people super sad. ie: Cova R4. I expect this to fail on stream Dion....