SaltMaster 5000

Carolina Krayts is the best X-Wing podcast

Posted (edited)
2 minutes ago, player3010587 said:

Nah, that's just @skotothalamos up to his usual japes. You get a confusion! And you get a confusion! Everyone gets a confusion!

I'm doing my impression of a confused @Brunas

Also, trying to devalue the confusion-react currency through inflation...

Edited by skotothalamos

Posted (edited)

Saltiness inbound. Alright fellas, for fax sake we gotta find offensive things to say that don't compromise floor rules. Because you Cosby's all know that we won't clean our Hoover language. Here's some fun stuff to mutter:

Trump my Articles right in the Constitution!

That 9-11's my trade center!

Gulag that Bolshevikism outta Helsinki.

Edited by player3010587

27 minutes ago, player3010587 said:

Saltiness inbound. Alright fellas, for fax sake we gotta find offensive things to say that don't compromise floor rules. Because you Cosby's all know that we won't clean our Hoover language. Here's some fun stuff to mutter:

Trump my Articles right in the Constitution!

That 9-11's my trade center!

Gulag that Bolshevikism outta Helsinki.

So, anyway.... GenCon is coming up. Over/Unders on CIS lists in the top cut?  I'll put the number at 0.5?

1 minute ago, LagJanson said:

So, anyway.... GenCon is coming up. Over/Unders on CIS lists in the top cut?  I'll put the number at 0.5?

Paul Heaver started playing around with them on Vassal. I think he already won an invite with Soontir. So my guess is about 1.5.

Is there a bonus for facing each of the 7 factions in Swiss? That'd be fun, although the fun of the situation is it's own blessing.

1 hour ago, PaulRuddSays said:

Hey buddy, a madman won a trial with the I1 Silencer. It’s a mad, mad world right now, and I’m afraid someone will burn it down after skillfully dodging all their bad matchups. 

Don't sleep on that I1 Silencer! There's something to be said for an annoyingly durable ship that you can basically place anywhere.

I mean, the confused react (which is the only "negative" react) farming is possibly the most Krayt thing I can imagine happening so I'm not shocked. The Krayts are pretty much a herd of feral cats with more than a passing interest in statistics, which is confusing in and of itself.

Also GenCon is like the wild west for lists, because apparently this last weekend SOS was played on old points too?

Just wanted to keep the memeing going ;_;

9 minutes ago, Micanthropyre said:

Also GenCon is like the wild west for lists, because apparently this last weekend SOS was played on old points too?

No. Only no wave 4, which honestly is not expected to have too much impact anyway.

Is the lack of plasmas, passive sensors or the couch really what makes or breaks performance for meta staples? I don't believe that.

5 minutes ago, Micanthropyre said:

I think it was new points, but no wave 4 and weird proxy stuff for stuff they didn't have yet.

I'm in so much list panic mode, it's ridiculous.  

Way more of an impact for me had for example that France has next to no RZ2s. You know that first game people play against that ship and lose because they don't know what to expect? I had that twice. Those are basically free wins. Of course that doesn't help at the high tables, but certainly made it easier to get there.

I wonder what new things people see in wave 4 that is so meta warping? I get that sense Vader and passive sensor Whisper are nice next to each other. But is it that much of a difference for individual builds?

2 minutes ago, GreenDragoon said:

Just wanted to keep the memeing going ;_;

No. Only no wave 4, which honestly is not expected to have too much impact anyway.

Is the lack of plasmas, passive sensors or the couch really what makes or breaks performance for meta staples? I don't believe that.

I think Wave 4 will have a decent impact, but since we don't know the meta we don't know exactly how. Anakin N-1 with Sense on another ship is Excellent because uh, free pre move roll? That right there is a strong play against aces. Hyenas likely will have a role to play as well. I don't think the passive sensor ordinance generics are going to be that big. Plasmas are going to be great against Beef-like things, if those become a part of the meta. 

But I agree with you, I don't think that there is anything that will jump to the top of the meta because of Wave 4. 

9 minutes ago, gennataos said:

I think it was new points, but no wave 4 and weird proxy stuff for stuff they didn't have yet.

Bring something good against a variety of things or predict the meta and play against that and then have fun. I'll be at GenCon, and I'd love to meet some of you fine folks and we can panic together!

Posted (edited)
59 minutes ago, gennataos said:

Hot resistance lists for Mr. Gennatos:

- 4 block jousters. Thanks to Finn pilot, the gang of Jess, Snap, and Bastian gets scarier.

- Rey + Poe. A ghost of its 1st edition version, the list can still slug a lot of damage yet escape quickly if need be. Marksmanship autoblaster Poe is seriously slept on.

- Ello, Nien, A wing, Transport. Rstan has had some good success with this archetype, using the support to push the effectivity of the X's pretty far.

-Cova, Poe, Friend. Heavy area denial in the form of Cova allows Poe to do Poe things.

-expensive tragedy sim memes. Not good for a 7 game tourney based on the odds of seeing something that just doesn't care, but auto killing the already weak CIS is funny. I will say that with wave 4, people have overlooked Cat. Delayed fuses are only 1 pt. and Cat is only 1pt. more than Cobalt. The option to turn your launched bomb into a 7th fleet gunner (WITH NO DICE MAX OR COOLDOWN) is big money. Why do that instead of detonating the bomb? VTG. 4 dice base primary followed by a 3 dice base bonus. An expensive meme, but makes you feel like God when you pull it off.

Edited by player3010587