SaltMaster 5000

Carolina Krayts is the best X-Wing podcast

4 hours ago, FlyingAnchors said:

So what is the appeal of QuickDraw in Kylo/Tavson/+ lists? Is it just straight pilot skill? Could you be just as well off with backdraft, leaving you some points for Kylo or Tavson?

Also all three ships are ships that you don't want to shoot. QD gives the revenge shot, Tavson gets the actions and Kylo can hand out the pilot crits. 

Afterburners are nice on qd and they make her more ace-like (although for those points there's the option of adding a shield upgrade. 

One of my local player had some success combing composure with Afterburners to intentionally fail and entering in the first round of combat with full mod which is a nice deterrent on shooting on her. I'm not particularly a fan of this setup but it does work. 

BD is also very good for his points, I prefer him rather than tavson in a 3 ships list because it allows for hate kylo and some upgrades on QD

12 hours ago, skotothalamos said:

Nah. 2-point upgrade to gunboats to let them fire guns when reloading is very nice. Comes with a random bonus if they're facing away from you or range 2 in the bullseye. Gives them a 4-dice attack if people get inside torpedoes and end up in the bullseye. SLAMming hard turns to get behind people and have unblockable crits? just another thing that's worth way more than 2 points.

This guy gets it: https://listfortress.com/tournaments/905

Oh I didn't consider it on assault gunboats, maybe autoblaster isn't entirely useless

Posted (edited)
12 hours ago, FlyingAnchors said:

So what is the appeal of QuickDraw in Kylo/Tavson/+ lists? Is it just straight pilot skill? Could you be just as well off with backdraft, leaving you some points for Kylo or Tavson?

Basically if Grade A Beef becomes slightly less popular QD is a decent alternative to a Starkiller. 

The reason QD and Starkiller work in that list is that they are not reliably initiative killed. 

Backdraft is solid for a # of lists but in that particular 3 ship list he sometimes only gets to shoot once unless your opponent forgets he is i4 for some reason. 

Edited by Boom Owl

10 minutes ago, RStan said:

@Micanthropyre @catachanninja did either of you go to this Trial https://listfortress.com/tournaments/907 ?

Are there plans to fill that out? 

Also, Hawaii and Mississippi had Trials this weekend each with less than 20 people attending... 

pDZZyj7.png

Now this is confusion farming. 

41 minutes ago, RStan said:

@Micanthropyre @catachanninja did either of you go to this Trial https://listfortress.com/tournaments/907 ?

Also, Hawaii and Mississippi had Trials this weekend each with less than 20 people attending... 

I only know our displaced Arch Alliance member, Tim Oursler, won with 5 Fantatical/Optics OSE s/f's.  He was ours first, @catachanninja.

Most useful:  4 > 5 - this puts you in clear "ace" territory and matches/beats 90% of the field. At this point you only have a handful of potential problem ships you have to worry about.

Least useful: 3 > 4 - I3 already beats/matches most generics/utility uniques so going to 4 is mostly incidental to pilot selection and not something you do intentionally. Honorable mention goes to 2 > 3 since paying for I3 usually means you're paying for an overpriced elite slot as well as a mostly useless jump in Initiative.

17 minutes ago, gennataos said:

I only know our displaced Arch Alliance member, Tim Oursler, won with 5 Fantatical/Optics OSE s/f's.  He was ours first, @catachanninja.

Tim is one of us now. Krayts on top on top babay. @RStan i was busy choking in the top 4 at an l5r event in Indianapolis 

1 hour ago, RStan said:

mississippi won by a dude who delayed the start by 20 minutes convincing the judge that the clause after the semicolon in grappling struts still triggers even if you're not on an obstacle.

Posted (edited)

Mississippi was won by a republic list
Anakin, 2 v19s and an arc170 if memory serves

2nd was a seperatists
my buddy took 4th with a decimator + vader list

having a brain fart on who took 3rd

and yeah, it was a very disappointing showing
with only 11 people.

Edited by ForrestGrump

1 minute ago, ForrestGrump said:

Mississippi was won by a republic list
Anakin, 2 v19s and an arc170 if memory serves

2nd was a seperatists
my buddy took 4th with a decimator + vader list

having a brain fart on who took 3rd

separatist player has a post with the trophy and invite card on his social media, and is listed as winning on listfortress.

Posted (edited)

he was cool, I never met him until Saturday
but he had a moana good luck charm on the table

which was extra funny since my buddy with the decimator/vader list has a Pikachu good lunch charm
so they staged them face to face like they too were fighting

it may be possible I got the republic/separatist players mixed up
I could have SWORN the republic player won tho

Edited by ForrestGrump

It was indeed the Separatist player that won! Was a very fun list to see in action. 

In his defense on that question, honestly the greater mistake as far as the delay was me taking too long building the lists people gave me into YASB to import into TTT. Rookie mistake on my part - should have started that earlier.  Has that question on Grappling Struts been answered definitively anywhere?

Also, thanks to anyone here who came :) the turnout was a bit unfortunate, I know. Was hoping for a bit larger, but was glad for the folks who did attend. It was our first time hosting this sort of event, and I learned a good bit.

(Source: I was the aforementioned judge/TO)

Posted (edited)
23 minutes ago, jagsba said:

3/11 lists were separatists.

So, definitely enough data to extrapolate from and trigger P A N I C ! 

If I thought so few people would come to a local trial, I would (want to) try to fly the meme-iest list I could (eg, 5x Baktoids with protons, plus one with the probe). JOUST ME!! 

But probably I would just fly SFs instead. 

Edited by PaulRuddSays

The whole "confusion react farming" thing is an attempt to brag about a react whose native value denotes some perceived degree of not making sense. In other words, it is an insecure cover up: "oh you see I was trying  to sound unreasonable when I insist that alternating initiative once every 2 turns on a chassis whose point value fluctuates every 3 turns, but only if a certain slot is banned and that is how we balance the game after adding charges to a card whose ink bears no charge symbol." Yeah, right.

Just now, player3010587 said:

The whole "confusion react farming" thing is an attempt to brag about a react whose native value denotes some perceived degree of not making sense. In other words, it is an insecure cover up: "oh you see I was trying  to sound unreasonable when I insist that alternating initiative once every 2 turns on a chassis whose point value fluctuates every 3 turns, but only if a certain slot is banned and that is how we balance the game after adding charges to a card whose ink bears no charge symbol." Yeah, right.

tldr

Weird flex, but okay