SaltMaster 5000

Carolina Krayts is the best X-Wing podcast

Just now, Boom Owl said:

Yea I dont have any table time with it to know if its ok or not. Just assuming a decent # of Resistance players are going to fight for Poe's card at grand champs and will take familiar things. 

I'm just trying to get L'ulo's card first.  (the top 16 one, cuz if I don't get the day 1 one, oh boy...that should be practically participation)

Autothtusters are cool and all (across Soonts, Silencers, and some inverted version in Jedi), but I think that it's badass that we are beginning to see more shared ship abilities like full throttle on ships that behave somewhat differently (biggest difference probably being the turret a wing vs the normal one). Can't wait for more microthrusters or heavy weapons turrets.

53 minutes ago, Micanthropyre said:

So what's doing well in that SoS? I've got GenCon next week and need to determine my level of panic that the list I just packed is wrong for the meta.

Set panic level to paralysis.

I’ll be there with something completely different.

1 hour ago, MegaSilver said:

There hasn't really been any major extended tournament to draw info from. Paris System Open is happening but the new wave 4 ships aren't legal. 

1 hour ago, gennataos said:

It should at least tell us something.

I don't think the release of the new ships should have a HUGE effect in extended, so it's at least useful

Posted (edited)
45 minutes ago, Kieransi said:

ok adding content so I won't get banned, Shield Upgrade/Hull Upgrade Interceptors are underrated, Silencers are cool. Need to test them out some more but I think they're solid

Also

confused_s-post4.JPG

27e22f4e6910f06a3f2878a0ff790ea2b6b8e377

73 pt Lone Woof Hull Shield Soontir or 76 pt Kylo or 72 pt Obi? Do faction comparisons matter or are they just confusion farming?

Edited by Boom Owl

Posted (edited)
41 minutes ago, Boom Owl said:

73 pt Lone Woof Hull Shield Soontir or 76 pt Kylo or 72 pt Obi? Do faction comparisons matter or are they just confusion farming?

I mean, I like getting confusion reacts but honestly, even if you are trying to compare between factions Soontir can focus+evade, is i6, has three agility, and can double repo and still get focus mods. Yes force is good but still... I think this Soontir has promise, especially when compared to Vader for similar cost. 

Still need to try this build on Interceptors not named Soontir more I think

confused_s-post3.JPG

Edited by Kieransi
forgot to add the obligatory meme

I have great hopes on the after action @GreenDragoon report of the event, hopefully he's not too distracted by the hyperspace side event and will provide us info about the top.

So far, from the little I gathered from the stream, the top something at least has one Rey 2 t70, one Jendon Vynder Vader and one Wat 7 drones swarm

2 hours ago, skotothalamos said:

Ships? No. 

Passive Sensors, Autoblasters, and Leia? Maybe? 

Autoblasters are there because you are part of the confused react challenge right?

1 hour ago, Sunitsa said:

I have great hopes on the after action @GreenDragoon report of the event, hopefully he's not too distracted by the hyperspace side event and will provide us info about the top.

I have to disappoint you here, so far I had no time to scout out the cut.

I'm in love with my mindless jousting list! 

3 1/2 Xwings

(54) Temmin Wexley [T-70 X-wing]
(0) Integrated S-foils
(1) Composure

(51) Jessika Pava [T-70 X-wing]
(3) BB Astromech
(0) Integrated S-foils

(48) Lieutenant Bastian [T-70 X-wing]
(0) Integrated S-foils

(29) Finn [Resistance Transport Pod]
(8) Perceptive Copilot
(1) Heroic
(4) Advanced Optics

Total points: 199

I k-turn all the time! I don't think others know how weird that is to me. But Jess and Bastian still get offensive mods. Snap is acey af and Finn takes everyone by surprise. It's glorious!

2 hours ago, GreenDragoon said:

I have to disappoint you here, so far I had no time to scout out the cut.

I'm in love with my mindless jousting list! 

3 1/2 Xwings

(54) Temmin Wexley [T-70 X-wing]
(0) Integrated S-foils
(1) Composure

(51) Jessika Pava [T-70 X-wing]
(3) BB Astromech
(0) Integrated S-foils

(48) Lieutenant Bastian [T-70 X-wing]
(0) Integrated S-foils

(29) Finn [Resistance Transport Pod]
(8) Perceptive Copilot
(1) Heroic
(4) Advanced Optics

Total points: 199

I k-turn all the time! I don't think others know how weird that is to me. But Jess and Bastian still get offensive mods. Snap is acey af and Finn takes everyone by surprise. It's glorious!

You’re not going to report something which will make me change my mind, are you?

9 hours ago, Kieransi said:

I mean, I like getting confusion reacts but honestly, even if you are trying to compare between factions Soontir can focus+evade, is i6, has three agility, and can double repo and still get focus mods. Yes force is good but still... I think this Soontir has promise, especially when compared to Vader for similar cost. 

Still need to try this build on Interceptors not named Soontir more I think

confused_s-post3.JPG

Soontir can also fly along side Darth Vader or other Imperial ships.  What I like about the build for Soontir is that you basically need to kill the non-upgraded Soontir (3 damage) in order to get half points on the Hull/Shield model.

//

My issue with the Hull/Shield Alpha Interceptor is the fact that a Sienar-Jaemus Engineer is 51 points, to the Alpha's 49.  Cross-faction comparisons are silly, but like, SJE's got a whole extra shield.

//

Anyhow, Quickdraw + 2 Sienar-Jaemus Engineers + 4th ship anyone?

12 minutes ago, GreenDragoon said:

Just in case twitch is going wild: The marshall intervened, they did the shot of the uwing, and the 0.65% event that Vynder dies and the game goes to final salvo did NOT happen.

I need context!  Weird rules interaction?

13 minutes ago, GreenDragoon said:

Just in case twitch is going wild: The marshall intervened, they did the shot of the uwing, and the 0.65% event that Vynder dies and the game goes to final salvo did NOT happen.

Who is streaming today?