SaltMaster 5000

Carolina Krayts is the best X-Wing podcast

44 minutes ago, impspy said:

The Force will always be good because ffs people we're playing a game made with the Star Wars IP.

Don't threaten us with your sorcerer ways, Impspy! Your sad devotion to that ancient religion has not helped FFG nerf barely in-universe craft that came to dominate with Jumpmasters, K wings, Scurrgs, and Decimators!

After flying two Supernatural Inquisitors and two Rho Squadron XG-1s to second place in a small store tourney yesterday, I wouldn’t particularly like those Force changes.

Completely anecdotally and at a not at all high level of competition, I don’t have any problem fighting Jedi.  I just wish the Rebellion had more force sensitive pilots.

Posted (edited)
On 7/20/2019 at 10:13 PM, svelok said:

Ohio hyperspace trial, 49 players, top 8:
Kylo QD Tavson

NJ hyperspace trial, 48 players, top 8:
Kylo QD Tavson
Kylo Recoil Tavson

Arizona hyperspace trials, 43 players, top 8:
Quickdraw + all generics silencer SF SF FO

Here's something which strikes me:

• Kylo QD Tavson received only nerfs (I think, but can't confirm without the full list, but no likely upgrades got buffs)
  • Kylo Recoil Tavson received more nerfs than buffs (Tavson +2, Recoil -1)
  • Quickdraw + Generics was the only one of those four to get net buffs
Edited by theBitterFig

1 hour ago, Phelan Boots said:

After flying two Supernatural Inquisitors and two Rho Squadron XG-1s to second place in a small store tourney yesterday, I wouldn’t particularly like those Force changes.

Completely anecdotally and at a not at all high level of competition, I don’t have any problem fighting Jedi.  I just wish the Rebellion had more force sensitive pilots.

aka it's fine if it's broken, as long as everyone can (and is forced to) use them?

1 hour ago, theBitterFig said:

• Kylo QD Tavson received only nerfs (I think, but can't confirm without the full list, but no likely upgrades got buffs)

Almost all previously top tier lists were nerfed harder, considering FO was already better than people like to tell you it's not surprising. 

I suspect FO was/is sleeper good because few people play it, the faction as a whole lacks a stronger gameplay characterization. If you like aces, you'd better playing empire or republic for example, first order is an hybrid faction which mix ace with quality jouster

FO feels like a faction with a high enough ceiling to be good but a low floor. Kylo aside they don't really have a lot that can bail itself out of problem spots. 

I'm personally still not impressed by it, but if you give me another weekend of events where it does well then I'll admit I was wrong about them. 

2 hours ago, theBitterFig said:

Tavson went up as much as the SFs went down, so it’s not a nerf, it’s a net cost of 0 to run the old vs new list, strictly looking at the pilots.

Posted (edited)
6 minutes ago, FlyingAnchors said:

Tavson went up as much as the SFs went down, so it’s not a nerf, it’s a net cost of 0 to run the old vs new list, strictly looking at the pilots.

Tavson going up specifically removes stuff & bids from Kylo. 

Edited by Boom Owl

Just now, FlyingAnchors said:

The TIE/sfs *other* than Quickdraw went down by 2 points, QD remained at the same 45 points from before the adjustment.

18 minutes ago, gennataos said:

Soooo...what counters Jedi?

Potentially TIE Swarm and Sinker Swarms? Too many efficient firing arcs to engage and most effective Jedi lists are running with 3 maybe 4 ships. If it's the 4 ship, it's probably using 1-2 ARCs that can't just joust the committed swarm lists anyway. 4 Ship Republic also likely includes Ric Olie, who can flank sure, but likely can't carry a game if the Jedi dies vs these top 2 Swarm lists. After that, it's hard to tell. I tried Midnight with QD and Kylo, but haven't put enough time into it. 

Also, can we discuss WHY this FO List won the AZ Trial? HOW it works and moves. What makes it all come together to win games? What advantages does it have over current popular lists? Does the 2 pt bid matter that much for QD or should that Epsilon Cadet be Lt. Rivas? Ignore the potential "It's just a trial against and not a big event. Just a fluke!" for now, what are thoughts about this? 

I don't know what to make of this weekend.   Where did all the Rebel beef players go?  5A loses L'ulo and it's dead?  I guess very few folks give a hoot about figuring out the Resistance Rube Goldberg machine (@RStan knows I'm watching him)...they'd rather just play low-mid initiative jousting lists which were always middle tier anyway.  RIP Scum.  Super RIP, CIS.  Republic/Imperial ouroboros meta.  Battle of the bids, swarms and Sense.  FO watched Tavson/Kylo have fits all over while a QD swarm wins the day.  

Weird.

Yeah really the qd tavson kylo list just lost hate...and gained a 1 point bid out of it, and it really didn’t need hate, I know when I took it to trial I dropped it pre points change because if kylo is only getting shot by 1 ship at most your pretty much good(I also found I never used his ability because I just preferred to save force for mods)

i pretty much knew knew it would still be a good list going forward, it was a great list last meta( remember Morgan won a trial with it) and was probably just under played. Kylo like never dies if your careful, and is a really well rounded list

as for the f/o salad...idk what to say, why just one silencer...lol why a cadet...idk but I like it and I’m dying to see this guy play it

18 minutes ago, gennataos said:

Where did all the Rebel beef players go?

Afraid of contracting mad cow.

Seriously, some people believe the nerf killed the beef. I've spoken with some. Others may have just used this as an excuse to jump factions again.

51 minutes ago, RStan said:

Also, can we discuss WHY this FO List won the AZ Trial? HOW it works and moves. 

It's a swarm with a flanky boy. A hard hitting girl and two rz2s stripped of all the tricks down to the central conceit of having multiple good moves each turn

What makes it all come together to win games?

It has the key advantage of 5+ ships so the majority of xwing players lose due to overflow errors

What advantages does it have over current popular lists?

That no one runs swarms and not enough people have found out/are playing enough good words to beat even bad ones

Does the 2 pt bid matter that much for QD or should that Epsilon Cadet be Lt. Rivas?

🤷🏿‍♂️

Ignore the potential "It's just a trial against and not a big event. Just a fluke!" for now, what are thoughts about this? 

Metas still in flux. Come back when 4b +Leia has turned into Cassian and braylen