SaltMaster 5000

Carolina Krayts is the best X-Wing podcast

4 hours ago, SpiderMana said:

Wait so if Luminara changes a hit to a focus does that use up that ship’s lone focus mod? Is that what I’m hearing? 😂

3 hours ago, Quack Shot said:

I believe so lol

I can't tell anymore where people are serious and where they are joking.

Modifying a focus result according to @Brunas and @punkUser:

• "adding a specific result" counts as modifying, as defined by the RR
  • "adding an X-result" counts then as modifying an X result
  • "adding a focus result" counts then as modifying a focus result

Luminara is clearly different:

• "changing a result" counts as modifying as defined by the RR
  • "changing an X-results" counts then as modifying an X result
  • "changing a hit result" counts then as modifying a hit result

Whether you agree or disagree is independent of correctly representing their argument...

ZObTHTP.png

7 hours ago, LagJanson said:

So changing a nothing into a focus is different here?

This bit.

Turn 👁 to 💥 = modifying a 👁

Turn 💥 to 👁 = modifying a 💥

Turn nothing at all to 👁 = modifying a 🤯

Ultimately, it can be seen either way  obviously, and probably accepted either way. So the argument is just over what FFG intended, which only they can answer.

Aside from that, it's just us saying what we want to that to be.

I want adding a result to be adding a result, a generic dice modification . And to not be modifying a certain type of result. It seems cleaner to me.

Overuse of the 👁 emoji is unsettling.

Posted (edited)

I tried to follow but I don't get it,  when would someone just add a focus result and not mod it further? Why this debate about adding results should matter for Padme purpose?

EDIT: because Padme says "result" not die

Edited by Sunitsa

What is preventing you from modifying the focus result you add from wherever.  Padme says you can only modify one focus result.  So if you have that as your only focus modify it to a hit or crit depending on what you have equipped.  If you have another focus result from your dice roll or wherever else then Padme only lets you modify one of however many focus results you have.  I don't see the confusion here.  Padme's ability doesn't say you can't modify that focus only once.

Posted (edited)

Ohio hyperspace trial, 49 players, top 8:
Kylo QD Tavson
Ric Obi arc arc
Ric Anakin arc
Ric Anakin arc
Howl swarm
Ric sinker arc torrent torrent
Ello nien nodin grier
RAC Vader

NJ hyperspace trial, 48 players, top 8:
Anakin Obi Plo
Kylo QD Tavson
Obi Plo Mace
Boba Guri
Braylan Cassian Biggs Partisan w/ Leia (panic)
Kylo Recoil Tavson
Vader Soontir Tomax
Sinker Wolffe arc arc

Arizona hyperspace trials, 43 players, top 8:
RAC Oicunn 
Vader Soontir Duchess
Vader Soontir Vermeil
Obi Padme Lumi Wolffe
Wedge Jake Braylen Cassian
Quickdraw + all generics silencer SF SF FO
Maul hyena vulture vulture
Vader Soontir Duchess

first of all, what's going on in arizona

Edited by svelok
arizona was actually still playing, because time zones

Posted (edited)

Across those 3 trials - 140 total players, 24 in cut, 17.1% baseline conversion

• 37 Republic, 8 in cut (21.6%) 
  • 29 Empire, 7 in cut (24.1%)
  • 23 First Order, 4 in cut (17.3%)
  • 15 Resistance, 1 in cut (6.7%)
  • 15 Scum, 1 in cut (6.7%)
  • 12 Separatists, 1 in cut (8.3%)
  • 9 Rebels, 2 in cut (22.2%)
Edited by svelok
see above

10 minutes ago, svelok said:

Across those 3 trials - 140 total players, 24 in cut, 17.1% baseline conversion

• 37 Republic, 10 in cut (27.0%) 
  • 29 Empire, 7 in cut (24.1%)
  • 23 First Order, 4 in cut (17.3%)
  • 15 Resistance, 1 in cut (6.7%)
  • 15 Scum, 1 in cut (6.7%)
  • 12 Separatists, 0 in cut (0%)
  • 9 Rebels, 1 in cut (11.1%)

Where is this data? 

Oh my, who ever could have guessed Empire and Republic were good. Score one for Big Government.

I am sorta shocked at the FO though.

Watching an HST stream right now, finals are 4x Black Sun Assassins with crack shot vs Obi Ric 104th 104th

3 hours ago, doweaver said:

EDIT: Never mind, this horse is dead already, and it doesn't appear that I can just delete a post.

No, you must suffer the indignity of your poor choice. Once you pick up that stick you must beat that horse. It’s the rules.

I have 3 similar rules questions;

1. Sai coordinates GrandInq a boost. Inq links a focus. Does Sai get a free focus?

2. Sai+Ciena Ree coordinates Soontir a focus. Sai gets a free focus, Soontir links a barrel roll (or with autothrusters to be precise). Can Soontir turn 90degree and take a second stress?

3. AP5 coordinates a stressed Awing a focus. Can the stressed Awing use his ship ability and perform a boost?

Posted (edited)
10 minutes ago, GreenDragoon said:

I have 3 similar rules questions;

1. Sai coordinates GrandInq a boost. Inq links a focus. Does Sai get a free focus?

2. Sai+Ciena Ree coordinates Soontir a focus. Sai gets a free focus, Soontir links a barrel roll (or with autothrusters to be precise). Can Soontir turn 90degree and take a second stress?

3. AP5 coordinates a stressed Awing a focus. Can the stressed Awing use his ship ability and perform a boost?

Q: If Lieutenant Sai [Lambda-class Shuttle] coordinates a ship and it performs an action followed by a linked action, can Lieutenant Sai perform the linked action instead of the initial action?

A: No. Lieutenant Sai can only perform the initial action.

I think this precedent covers all 3 questions

Edited by svelok
how dare the forums enshrink my text, I demand loud font sizes

Posted (edited)
15 minutes ago, svelok said:

Q: If Lieutenant Sai [Lambda-class Shuttle] coordinates a ship and it performs an action followed by a linked action, can Lieutenant Sai perform the linked action instead of the initial action?

A: No. Lieutenant Sai can only perform the initial action.

I think this precedent covers all 3 questions

I'm surprised this was contended. If you coordinate a focus autothruster boost, the focus was the coordinate. The ship then decided to use its autothrusters upon the proc of the action. As such, the boost is independent of the coordinate. Mashing 2 game effects does not make them the same effect, even if the first event proc'd the opportunity to use the next effect. 

For this reason, Jake can lock, vectored thrust a boost, perform a focus off his boost, and then receive the stress from vectored thrusters (the focus ability is simultaneous with the red action and thus can be ordered before the red action's "when finished stressed" effect. Unlike composure, who's timing is completely after the failed action, thereby after the acquired stress and thereby no focus). Similarly, Kickback can BR >> red evade [turned white with debris gambit] >> red lock, and fire his concussions like a pest with an evade to keep him safe (although still more pricey than it's worth in lols).

Edited by player3010587

Posted (edited)
35 minutes ago, LagJanson said:

No, you must suffer the indignity of your poor choice. Once you pick up that stick you must beat that horse. It’s the rules.

Yesss... every second you become More my servant. Now plunge, plunge with all of your hatred and your journey towards a clean toilet bowl will be complete.

Edited by FlyingAnchors

3 minutes ago, player3010587 said:

For this reason, Jake can lock, vectored thrust a boost, perform a focus off his boost, and then receive the stress from vectored thrusters (the focus ability is simultaneous with the red action and thus can be ordered before the red action's when finished stressed proc.

🤨 No... He gets his window to perform the Focus after the stress from the VT boost is received. Game effects (the receiving of the stress in this case) come before abilities in the queue...

•Jake Farrell

From the Ability Queue section of the RR:

• If there are game effects that share the same timing window as a player's ability, the game effect is resolved first.
    • For example, if a ship performs a red barrel roll and the ship has an ability that triggers after it performs a barrel roll, the ship gains a stress token before the other ability is resolved.

6 minutes ago, Hiemfire said:

🤨 No... He gets his window to perform the Focus after the stress from the VT boost is received. Game effects (the receiving of the stress in this case) come before abilities in the queue...

•Jake Farrell

• If there are game effects that share the same timing window as a player's ability, the game effect is resolved first.
    • For example, if a ship performs a red barrel roll and the ship has an ability that triggers after it performs a barrel roll, the ship gains a stress token before the other ability is resolved.

reading is the #1 judge skill!

47 minutes ago, Hiemfire said:

•Jake Farrell

40 minutes ago, skotothalamos said:

reading is the #1 judge skill!

Oops! Forgot to read Jake! It's not a "while" as I assumed, but "after"! Same category as Composure's ineffective nature on red linked actions! But at least I know I read Kickback right!🤣

Posted (edited)

Now, I'm not gonna beat this particular horse, but Sai coords Grand Inq a boost and then Grand Inq performs a focus action. The ship Sai chose just performed a focus action during his activation, so.... ?

Waaait.... Is it the timing window, once per opportunity?

He has to refuse the boost, and he's done.

Edited by Cuz05