SaltMaster 5000

Carolina Krayts is the best X-Wing podcast

3 minutes ago, RStan said:

I think those transports/pods are definitely worth exploring, but it totally makes sense to stick with what you know when it comes to preparing for an event if you don't feel like you have enough time or experience with new things. It is hard to tell if it's better until you put it on the table

I liked the game with Finn, and I might bring it to the Paris Hperspace Qualifier (where it's legal...) for the expected case where I don't make day 2. At least it's a small change.
Nodin wth Korr Sella and R4 looks quite cool! Fits into a different list ofc. Maybe next to XAA, maybe even with XXA.

It will be cool to see them spread. E.g. XXA (with Lulo I guess) means one X has to be rather cheap, maybe Jess. XAA would leave space for a 71pt Poe. But based on such ideas I expect the new ships to fit into entirely new lists and trying to shoehorn them into the known archetypes seems like a mistake that I make here.

Just now, jagsba said:

Can you beat Jedi with it?

yes

1 minute ago, GreenDragoon said:

I liked the game with Finn, and I might bring it to the Paris Hperspace Qualifier (where it's legal...) for the expected case where I don't make day 2. At least it's a small change.
Nodin wth Korr Sella and R4 looks quite cool! Fits into a different list ofc. Maybe next to XAA, maybe even with XXA.

It will be cool to see them spread. E.g. XXA (with Lulo I guess) means one X has to be rather cheap, maybe Jess. XAA would leave space for a 71pt Poe. But based on such ideas I expect the new ships to fit into entirely new lists and trying to shoehorn them into the known archetypes seems like a mistake that I make here.

Well, I've focused on boosting non-Poe T70s because Poe ends stressed often. Not that I can't still leverage coordinate, it's also what fits well in a list. XXANodin is actually what I've been working with most. Turns out Ello, Nien w/ PA & Greer w/ AO fits with that Nodin and when Nodin coordinates + jams along with Ello, Nien and Greer's ability to keep modded pressure on opposing ships, it's rare that a Jam goes wasted. 

Just now, jagsba said:

Cool. Last time I checked you were having trouble against them. Change of playstyle or just first few games were outliers?

Both, or that's what it looks like at the moment. Fingers crossed that the horrible loss was the outlier :P. Playing Jedi myself for some time definitely helped me understand how to play against it. And Jedi did carry me to the next vassal league tier. But they/Ani got nerfed, while 5A didn't really. So that helped, too.

6 minutes ago, RStan said:

Well, I've focused on boosting non-Poe T70s because Poe ends stressed often. Not that I can't still leverage coordinate, it's also what fits well in a list. XXANodin is actually what I've been working with most. Turns out Ello, Nien w/ PA & Greer w/ AO fits with that Nodin and when Nodin coordinates + jams along with Ello, Nien and Greer's ability to keep modded pressure on opposing ships, it's rare that a Jam goes wasted. 

That sounds really cool. Such a naked list though

I still like Resistance as faction a lot because it seems like you can just press random on yasb and the list is ok, or at least the ship combination is.

Do I have this list correct?

Day 1

Participation

• Range rulers
  • 3 generics of my faction

Top 32 Day 1

• Ion tokens (shaped round? wtf, follow your own conventions?!)

Top 32 of my faction Day 1

• Named "Ace" of my faction

#1 of my faction Day 1

• Template Tray of my faction

Top 4 of my faction Day 1

• 5 acrylic dial covers of my faction

Day 2

Top 32 (because you don't know top 32 until after Day 2)

• Templates + damage deck
  • "x1 of each" generic?  huh?  how is "Day 2" different than top 32 overall for both days?  Is it only the one from your faction or one of each faction generic?  confuzzled

Top 16

• Top 16-embossed "ace" of my faction

Top 8 

• Worlds invite

Top 4 

• Single acrylic dial cover of my faction

Top 2

• RIP, win or nothin'

Top 1

• Giant(?) die trophy which someone will want to use in a game?

3 hours ago, GreenDragoon said:
  • InVenniecible
    • I never saw it as that good, and it seems to be at max decent, but not top.

A friend of mine flies a decent amount of Vennie.  Dang that sucker can be slow to kill.

Anyhow, he's trying out using a Transport with it, filling something like the role that a Bastian with M9-G8 used to fill.  Seems OK.  Top Tables Large Tournament?  No clue.

26 minutes ago, LagJanson said:

Ok, premature results.... but I don’t believe.

If it makes you feel better, Rebels are probably my second choice.

It really depends on the ship/character for each faction, though, and how often I might actually use the prize or not.

2 minutes ago, Quack Shot said:

Fun/interesting should be an option. I could have a list with all those things, but if I hate playing it I’d rather spend my weekend elsewhere.

What, you build lists that aren't fun/interesting? Is that a thing people actually do when list building?

Posted (edited)
11 minutes ago, LagJanson said:

What, you build lists that aren't fun/interesting? Is that a thing people actually do when list building?

Two words: Ghost Fenn. 

Two more: Nym Miranda. 

Two more: cancer architects. 

I got suckered into buying a 4th SF last night. Putting 3x Zeta (gunner optics) with QD (Fanatical gunner optics) was fun and felt good on the table. I think it’s going to be my default “I don’t know what to play” list now. 

Edit: I really like the SF, but I’m on the fence for buying another to run 5 with Fanatical optics. Anyone that can weigh in with experience (playing with or against) would be appreciated. 

Edited by PaulRuddSays

Posted (edited)
14 minutes ago, LagJanson said:

Quad TLT’s

Also, I almost killed myself playing Asajj for an entire regional. 

Edited by Quack Shot

IMO the main strong suit of 5A is that once you figure out how to set up the movements of 5 ships with super open dials it's not that hard to play. Your mistakes will be severely punished if you make them, but because there are so many "safe" maneuver options its really hard for the opponent to force you into mistakes. 

Cova with Leia seems like an incredibly solid investment of 57 points. 8hp, usually has 3 attack 2 defense, and can infinite stop in a corner, and can back up which is kind of silly. Pretty much any non 5A resistance list I would look at starts there. 

Rey is my wildcard. Force point falcon seems pretty dope. I happen to be the worst falcon player in X-Wing though so it won't be me that plays it. Also add in that the only Resistance I own is 5 RZ2s right now and I'm trying to resist buying more into the faction, as that and CIS are the only ones I have not recently bought into after being an Empire only player in 1.0

Posted (edited)
12 minutes ago, PaulRuddSays said:

Two words: Ghost Fenn. 

Two more: Nym Miranda. 

Two more: cancer architects. 

Copy/Paste isn't list building. It's using a pre-built list.

Cancer architects enjoy their art.

Edit: To be clear here - I didn't say enjoy USING the list. I said enjoyed building their list, which is the question.

Edited by LagJanson

19 minutes ago, PaulRuddSays said:

I got suckered into buying a 4th SF last night. Putting 3x Zeta (gunner optics) with QD (Fanatical gunner optics) was fun and felt good on the table. I think it’s going to be my default “I don’t know what to play” list now. 

Edit: I really like the SF, but I’m on the fence for buying another to run 5 with Fanatical optics. Anyone that can weigh in with experience (playing with or against) would be appreciated. 

The TIE/SF--pretty much any way it's built--is probably my favorite ship in X-Wing right now.  Best ship?  I couldn't say, but I love it.

I flew 5x Optics before the July adjustment, and enjoyed it, and I know some folks liked Fanatical/FCS before (maybe with Backdraft tossed in).  Now that I've got enough Passive Sensors, I'm going to give that a shot.  Recently, I've even given 6x SF a try.  There are just so many firing arcs that it's hard for an opponent to get away.  But I've pretty much only flown it casually.

Posted (edited)
20 minutes ago, Brunas said:

Whoa now, you can't just drop that in here.  That's a hotly contested position

Falcons have the best words. 

Card_Pilot_69.pngCard_Pilot_70.png0ee7006e6cc51d8c08b784c9b770f1b0.png422fc30e0e10445e80b304ef2d96dc06.png5816bd53c272ed50096e22ae1af2b38a.png

1. Change Your Dice To Whatever You Want 
  2. White PTL or i5 Range 0-3 Coordinate 
  3. Offense & Defense Guidance Chips
  4. I am the Fels Wrath Now 
  5. Deploy Where You Want Man
Edited by Boom Owl