Jump to content
SaltMaster 5000

Carolina Krayts is the best X-Wing podcast

Recommended Posts

5 hours ago, drjkel said:

 

  • Where in the blue **** are my 3-bank blue? I barely touched my silencer in 1.0, but I know those would have been even more awesome. And, I'm certain, fair and balanced.

Those white 3-banks are the only thing keeping Supernatural under 50 points. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

 

8 hours ago, drjkel said:
  • Where in the blue **** are my 3-bank blue? I barely touched my silencer in 1.0, but I know those would have been even more awesome. And, I'm certain, fair and balanced.

Stolen by the cowardly Resistance! 

Edited by Polda

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

GenCon prizes article when?  I have like 14,862 lists in Launch Bay, I'd like to know if I can just happily stop trying to figure out which ONE is best and take the ONE I want to play.  

 

 

 

I'm just going to take that ONE I like best anyway.

Edited by gennataos

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, PaulRuddSays said:

Screw the resistance crew, I want to know if we're ever going to get the true hero of the first order.

PlasticShowyCockerspaniel-size_restricte

You do not need to spend the lock for biohecacrypt codes? Too niche even if cheap. A Kallus or an Informant like effect? We have a lot of those in the game. Jam at infinite range without biohexacrypt? Broken AF. Jam yourself when jamming to perform a bonus jam? Might be cool.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
55 minutes ago, gennataos said:

GenCon prizes article when?  I have like 14,862 lists in Launch Bay, I'd like to know if I can just happily stop trying to figure out which ONE is best and take the ONE I want to play.  

I'd also like to know the level of faction specific prizes and what they are. Same as Grand Champs? All new stuff? 2 weeks left?!?!?!?! WAT DO?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

@Boom Owl hey man, I was not aware that you are on the Liberty Squadron Podcast, and I was not aware that you are on a podcast at all, and I was not aware of the Liberty Squadron Podcast in general! I guess I won't binge all episodes, do you have some to recommend?

Also, thanks @RStan that he was a guest, now I know!

 

Edit: Architect time!

Finn + Heroic + C-3PO + AdvOptics. He will always get an evade on defense if he wants for two attacks per turn, and he will often get good results when attacking. Good means 94% of 2+ hits if he takes a strain, and 62% for 2hits when he only adds a blank. All this for 40pts, which fits nicely into any list.

e2: optics doesn't work with calc. So either 36pt with 3po or 42 with optics and perceptive

Edited by GreenDragoon

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, GreenDragoon said:

@Boom Owl hey man, I was not aware that you are on the Liberty Squadron Podcast, and I was not aware that you are on a podcast at all, and I was not aware of the Liberty Squadron Podcast in general! I guess I won't binge all episodes, do you have some to recommend?

Also, thanks @RStan that he was a guest, now I know!

 

Edit: Architect time!

Finn + Heroic + C-3PO + AdvOptics. He will always get an evade on defense if he wants for two attacks per turn, and he will often get good results when attacking. Good means 94% of 2+ hits if he takes a strain, and 62% for 2hits when he only adds a blank. All this for 40pts, which fits nicely into any list.

I wonder if we will see him appear as a replacement of one of the 5As 

https://raithos.github.io/?f=Resistance&d=v8ZhZ200Z270X172W116WW186Y240X172W116WW186Y271X172W116WW186Y300X172W116WW186Y350X172W186WW&sn=Unnamed Squadron&obs=

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Polda said:

Maybe rather perceptive copilot than c3po, as calc doesn't work with optics 😕

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, GreenDragoon said:

@Boom Owl hey man, I was not aware that you are on the Liberty Squadron Podcast, and I was not aware that you are on a podcast at all, and I was not aware of the Liberty Squadron Podcast in general! I guess I won't binge all episodes, do you have some to recommend?

Also, thanks @RStan that he was a guest, now I know!

Liberty Squad also makes the best alt-arts IMO. The IG series was perfect.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, GreenDragoon said:

So which is the best BigDeal?

34 Pt with Heroic and Optics

36pt with Heroic and 3po

38pt with Heroic and perceptive

40pt with Heroic and optics and 3po (a bit nonsensical...)

42pt with Heroic and optics and perceptive (e: expected 3.8 damage at r1!)

Heroic & C3PO offer the best bang for the buck. Also, you can't discount the utility gained by coordinating. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, RStan said:

Heroic & C3PO offer the best bang for the buck. Also, you can't discount the utility gained by coordinating. 

Haha that was exactly my argument with my friends. I think the coordinate can be very useful. And it leaves space for more crackshots, so I'll try this one first

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Polda said:

A big part of the strength of 5A is that they're all speedy boiz so you have great control over the engages. Once you get a slow ship in the mix your opponent can pin it down and get points easier. Which puts pressure on the rest to play where Finn is instead of where you want to be. 

It might still be a good list. But it definitely won't play like 5A

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, GreenDragoon said:

Haha that was exactly my argument with my friends. I think the coordinate can be very useful. And it leaves space for more crackshots, so I'll try this one first

Turns out giving Lulo an evade if he's moving before other aces to then focus > boost/turn arc OR give Lulo a focus to then lock > boost/turn arc against lower initative pilots is good. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
25 minutes ago, jagsba said:

A big part of the strength of 5A is that they're all speedy boiz so you have great control over the engages. Once you get a slow ship in the mix your opponent can pin it down and get points easier. Which puts pressure on the rest to play where Finn is instead of where you want to be. 

It might still be a good list. But it definitely won't play like 5A

Counterpoint:

Finn is a useful trap, the same way Lulo was in previous 5A lists. Both often completely pull the focus on themselves and give the others the necessary space to zoom around. Only, unlike Lulo, Finn is a defensive monster. He also gets 3 greens, but he adds a focus result and that gives him a guaranteed evade. C3PO means he gets it for two shots per turn.

Edited by GreenDragoon
Past->present

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
18 minutes ago, GreenDragoon said:

Counterpoint:

Finn is a useful trap, the same way Lulo was in previous 5A lists. Both often completely pull the focus on themselves and give the others the necessary space to zoom around. Only, unlike Lulo, Finn is a defensive monster. He also gets 3 greens, but he adds a focus result and that gives him a guaranteed evade. C3PO means he gets it for two shots per turn.

And if you ignore him the bastard has a sneakily potent offense.
Oh and he can jam a key target for your 4 RZ-2s if you really need it.

Edited by Polda

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Polda said:

And if you ignore him the bastard has a sneakily potent offense.
Oh and he can jam a key target for your 4 RZ-2s if you really need it.

And the coordinate to give another ship more punch.

Of course I don't know, but I think it's worth a try.

Plus, 4Blues and Snap (who moves differently) was great with old points. Sadly they killed that list. But it worked really well

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...