Jump to content
SaltMaster 5000

Carolina Krayts is the best X-Wing podcast

Recommended Posts

19 minutes ago, skotothalamos said:

SenseMace is replacing Obi-Wan in my Jedi three Arcs list. I hear larger ships with barrel rolls moving early are really good when you know where the enemy is going. 

is there a reason Mace instead of Obi there? I was looking at ObiARCs as my next list, and I think that having naked ARCs and Obi with Sense/7B looks good, with a 3 point bid. Is Mace's ability better?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Kieransi said:

is there a reason Mace instead of Obi there? I was looking at ObiARCs as my next list, and I think that having naked ARCs and Obi with Sense/7B looks good, with a 3 point bid. Is Mace's ability better?

Mace saves enough points for an R2, and with Sense, who needs a bid?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, skotothalamos said:

Mace saves enough points for an R2, and with Sense, who needs a bid?

hmmm..... options....

from my experience flying quad ARCs, those things end up wanting the occasional defensive focus more often than I'd think, so on paper, Obi's ability seems pretty good there... R2s are cool though, and Mace is cool... 🤔

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Are JM5Ks creeping back?

 

Contracted Scout (44)    
    Plasma Torpedoes (9)    
    Contraband Cybernetics (3)    
    
Ship total: 56 
    
Contracted Scout (44)    
    Plasma Torpedoes (9)    
    Contraband Cybernetics (3)    
    
Ship total: 56
    
Contracted Scout (44)    
    Proton Torpedoes (13)    
    Contraband Cybernetics (3)    
    
Ship total: 60  


Outer Rim Pioneer (28)    
Ship total: 28      
    
    
Total: 200    
    
View in Yet Another Squad Builder 2.0: https://raithos.github.io/?f=Scum and Villainy&d=v8ZsZ200Z118X234WWW92WWY118X234WWW92WWY118X136WWW92WWY94XWW&sn=Unnamed Squadron&obs=

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, gennataos said:

Mace and Plo end up the same cost, soo...maybe?  The lure of Plo might be that he could legit use his ability to pull off a friendly disarm after they regen and he’s out of the fight. Plus all I5?  I dunno, but I’m pretty sure it’s one of the first Republic lists I’ll try, both Mace and Plo variants.

 

Playing Plo/Obi/Ani (all with CLT, R2, and Brilliant Evasion) the other weekend in some casual games, I honestly used Plo's ability more than Obi (not sure I actually used Obi's text...), and probably to greater effect in those particular games than Anakin's.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
53 minutes ago, Brunas said:

I feel like I'm taking crazy pills every time anyone talks about phantoms and action efficiency

I feel like i'm taking crazy pills every time Dee says something which ultimately leads back to something he considers a design flaw.  Which is most things.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Brunas said:

♥️

 

I feel like I'm taking crazy pills every time anyone talks about phantoms and action efficiency

 

18 minutes ago, gennataos said:

I feel like i'm taking crazy pills every time Dee says something which ultimately leads back to something he considers a design flaw.  Which is most things.

I feel like I’m taking crazy pills when I look at the poll results. Almost exactly 50% of respondents think Empire will win the next SOS, but only 20% believe that enough to say they’d play SOMETHING in the faction. Only 7% of players admit to likely playing Rebels. 

What’s the best way to tell the entire playerbase that I don’t believe them?

Edited by PaulRuddSays

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
1 minute ago, PaulRuddSays said:

I feel like I’m taking crazy pills when I look at the poll results. Almost exactly 50% of respondents think Empire will win the next SOS, but only 20% believe that enough to say they’d play SOMETHING in the faction. Only 7% of players admit to likely playing Rebels. 

What’s the best way to tell the entire playerbase that I don’t believe them?

yell at them a lot, offer rewards for tabling people who give their bad takes too loudly to demonstrate everyone sucks at the game?

 

idk it's not really working that well

Edited by Brunas

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, PaulRuddSays said:

Only 7% of players admit to likely playing Rebels. 

I'm really interested to see how much of an over correction happens here.  I'm equally interested to see the percentage of those who don't overcorrect, still run some new rebel beef and still land in the cut.  Cuz...yeah, lots of way to Cassian/Braylen and still count to 200.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, PaulRuddSays said:

Only 7% of players admit to likely playing Rebels. 

Some of us Rebel players like to stretch our legs from time to time. Sitting too long playing the same thing makes us look like the beef that we play...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Brunas said:

♥️

 

I feel like I'm taking crazy pills every time anyone talks about phantoms and action efficiency

well if you just consider everything an action, they're actually very action efficient

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Brunas said:

♥️

 

I feel like I'm taking crazy pills every time anyone talks about phantoms and action efficiency

Then I gather you feel that 4-L0M has the same crap action economy as the other G-1As since your statement implies that you believe abilities without "Action:" in them aren't counted into a ship's action efficency?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, PaulRuddSays said:

I feel like I’m taking crazy pills when I look at the poll results. Almost exactly 50% of respondents think Empire will win the next SOS, but only 20% believe that enough to say they’d play SOMETHING in the faction. Only 7% of players admit to likely playing Rebels. 

What’s the best way to tell the entire playerbase that I don’t believe them?

I'm one of the 30% who thinks Empire likely to win, but would fly something else.

First, even if I thought I had an idea of what the "best list" was, I don't think *I* could win a SOS.  So what I'd fly and what I think will win almost surely won't be the same thing.  So I'd probably want to fly something I'd think could be fun.  Not that I don't enjoy Empire or Rebels, but I'm having more fun playing around with other factions.  First Order got so many buffs to interesting small ships that they just seem fun to me right now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
29 minutes ago, Hiemfire said:

Then I gather you feel that 4-L0M has the same crap action economy as the other G-1As since your statement implies that you believe abilities without "Action:" in them aren't counted into a ship's action efficency?

I think you got the wrong message - I don't think action efficiency/economy is a useful metric for anything.  At best, it's a proxy for what the ship actually does.  Tavson isn't good because he's action efficient, he's good because he does giant truckloads of damage when you shoot him first.

 

4LOM isn't good because of action economy, he's good because he turns the game into a game of solitaire.

Edited by Brunas

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Brunas said:

I think you got the wrong message - I don't think action efficiency/economy is a useful metric for anything.

Hard to get any clear message other than a brutal curb stomp from that recording... That said, useful or not, it is being used as a metric and stressless repositioning into double mods (double def or def + off) is still powerful. Especially at 1 point over the I3 generic of your chosen baseline (Baseline: T-65, I3: Red Squaddie) even with the 1 hp deficit. As a comparison The I3 Black Sun Assassin pays 5 points above the I3 of that same baseline for a special repo with the option to stress to get a single mod while doing so with the same hp deficit (arguably greater since it looses a shield instead of a hull).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, PaulRuddSays said:

I feel like I’m taking crazy pills when I look at the poll results. Almost exactly 50% of respondents think Empire will win the next SOS, but only 20% believe that enough to say they’d play SOMETHING in the faction.

 

32 minutes ago, theBitterFig said:

I'm one of the 30% who thinks Empire likely to win, but would fly something else.

 First, even if I thought I had an idea of what the "best list" was, I don't think *I* could win a SOS.  So what I'd fly and what I think will win almost surely won't be the same thing.  So I'd probably want to fly something I'd think could be fun. 

I'm also in these 30%, and that's pretty much it.

1. I don't believe I will win Paris. Hopefully I make cut, but I doubt it.

2. I want to play Awings again. My two other lists that I consider(ed) are imperial and republic, and those are what I ranked nr 1 and 2. But my main problem is tournament stamina, and Vader Soontir X does not make that easier. Rather the opposite, I have to stay super sharp with that list to win. I don't think I can. Anakin Mace and something would be my third. Maybe swap in Obi by now. Point is, that list is also better than Awings, but I don't want to decide between fun and correct. Regen aces demand that decision quite often, and I usually decide wrong.

3. All that being said, someone will remain sharp enough throughout two days to win with imperial or republic aces.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Hiemfire said:

Hard to get any clear message other than a brutal curb stomp from that recording... That said, useful or not, it is being used as a metric and stressless repositioning into double mods (double def or def + off) is still powerful. Especially at 1 point over the I3 generic of your chosen baseline (Baseline: T-65, I3: Red Squaddie) even with the 1 hp deficit. As a comparison The I3 Black Sun Assassin pays 5 points above the I3 of that same baseline for a special repo with the option to stress to get a single mod while doing so with the same hp deficit (arguably greater since it looses a shield instead of a hull).

Right, but again the point is that even as a metric there it isn't particularly useful.  Your point there is why they're good - extremely modified offense or defense. Where it starts falling apart is when we get into action efficiency comparisons.  A black sun assassin has the extra agility and wonky barrel rolls that perform kind of like a boost and barrel roll combined.  Does that mean their barrel rolls count as two actions, which they can then link into a focus for a third action?  I'm not saying you're saying that, but arguments like that are why I strongly dislike the action efficiency arguments at all.  They're both incredibly maneuverable, and that's their selling point!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Brunas said:

Right, but again the point is that even as a metric there it isn't particularly useful.  Your point there is why they're good - extremely modified offense or defense. Where it starts falling apart is when we get into action efficiency comparisons.  A black sun assassin has the extra agility and wonky barrel rolls that perform kind of like a boost and barrel roll combined.  Does that mean their barrel rolls count as two actions, which they can then link into a focus for a third action?  I'm not saying you're saying that, but arguments like that are why I strongly dislike the action efficiency arguments at all.  They're both incredibly maneuverable, and that's their selling point!

Imdaar has a bigger selling point by combining that maneuverability with "easy" stressless tokens for 1 point more than a Red Squaddie T-65. That is where my point is (this is not taking into account the 4 greens on the turns where it's player just decides to keep the cloak up and bug out into a focus or evade).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...