SaltMaster 5000

Carolina Krayts is the best X-Wing podcast

Baron of the Empire + Crack Shot x6

Baron of the Empire + PSensors + Cluster Missiles x5

Baron of the Empire + Marksmanship + Prockets x5

Baron of the Empire x 5 + Howlrunner.

Just some things I'm thinking today. 

Above all of that, I'm thinking I need considerably more v1s.

New Squadron

(68) Patrol Leader [VT-49 Decimator]
(6) Death Troopers
(9) Admiral Sloane
(2) Hull Upgrade

(23) Academy Pilot [TIE/ln Fighter]

Total 200

First thing I’m trying

20 minutes ago, Quack Shot said:

New Squadron

(6) Death Troopers
(9) Admiral Sloane
(2) Hull Upgrade

Total 200

First thing I’m trying

Hi Ryan

Posted (edited)

giphy.gif

Hyena seems pretty ok I guess? 

31 points for 5 Hp, 2 agility, 3 red dice Techno. Neat. 

Thats really cheap for a 3 dice lean beef attack right? 

At least its less likely for 2 of those to get init killed in a round by higher skilled legendary ace pilots. 

Edited by Boom Owl

1 hour ago, jagsba said:

Ryan listed off that squad in the latest "old people ramble about cards better podcast"

Aw I see, haven’t gotten past the E-Wing part of the episode yet. We mentioned it in our podcast (Inland Empire Aces) and I’ve posted it in the main X-Wing Slack chat. Not sure if the list is a meme or good, but definitely gonna try it.

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, Quack Shot said:

New Squadron

(6) Death Troopers
(9) Admiral Sloane
(2) Hull Upgrade

Total 200

First thing I’m trying

Seems very annoying to fly against. Every damage a TIE does will feel stupid. Then every extra shot they absorb will feel stupid because the elephant in the room - that you still have to destroy - is still ruining your squad.

Edit:

And then you actually kill an annoyance TIE, and Sloane punishes you harder. Then DTs insult you for it. Gahhhh.

...can't wait for this meta. 

Edited by Bucknife
More and more annoyed

Posted (edited)
25 minutes ago, Boom Owl said:

You are awesome!

edit: wow, the i3 rz2 got the +1. That sucks, now Zari is an immediate autoinclude.

Also funny how ffg wants me to play i5 Jedi

Edited by GreenDragoon

Posted (edited)
7 hours ago, Boom Owl said:

giphy.gif

Hyena seems pretty ok I guess? 

31 points for 5 Hp, 2 agility, 3 red dice Techno. Neat. 

Thats really cheap for a 3 dice lean beef attack right? 

At least its less likely for 2 of those to get init killed in a round by higher skilled legendary ace pilots. 

I'd agree.  2 extra HP over a Vulture for 7 points, with a dial that's about as good, and arguably better (1-straight is a nice addition, maybe worth the 3-banks going from red to gone).  I know some folks have compared it unfavorably to a Torrent, but Networked Calculations is pretty good.

640px-Casio_cm602.jpg

Edited by theBitterFig

Flew a few rounds of 3 Ni pilots with Passive Sensors, Torpedoes, mostly meaningless config along with Soontir. Might swap Soontir for Grand Inky because I really like my I5 force users chilling with OP spammable 4 die jousters that don't mind some incoming heat. But bajeebus is that anvil really a massive hammer in the popular hammer/anvil archetype.

Posted (edited)
14 hours ago, Do I need a Username said:

probably because spammed greens is not fair, but jut one or two probably is, so the pilot susceptible to spam has to go up while the one that can't be stays the same.

I disagree. In part because green with optics and heroic is still 40pt and can be spammed, so that can't be the answer.

Anyway, the good 5A list is a mix as it was before. Lulo was always a bait in the list and his i5 more important than the ability (just in this list!). I5/4/3/1/1 is not that much worse than i5/5/4/1/1.

edit instead of double post: what about 3nu and inqy?

2x proton, 1x diamond boron, and all with advslam/ passive sensors. That leaves 54 points, and that means now Inq+fcs instead of Soontir I guess. Worth trying? It's no 3BQD but maybe relatively close all things considered?

Edited by GreenDragoon

5 hours ago, GreenDragoon said:

I disagree. In part because green with optics and heroic is still 40pt and can be spammed, so that can't be the answer.

Anyway, the good 5A list is a mix as it was before. Lulo was always a bait in the list and his i5 more important than the ability (just in this list!). I5/4/3/1/1 is not that much worse than i5/5/4/1/1.

2x proton, 1x diamond boron, and all with advslam/ passive sensors. That leaves 54 points, and that means now Inq+fcs instead of Soontir I guess. Worth trying? It's no 3BQD but maybe relatively close all things considered?

My local play group pointed out that SNR Procket inquisitors are only 50 points. It’s a bad closer, but it’s a good token stack that can nail someone for pretty cheap. 

5 hours ago, GreenDragoon said:

Adv SLAM doesn't synergize with passive at all. But Inky does look good in the list. Even if you keep Torpedoes on all the boats, you can afford him with some points to spare.

2 hours ago, skotothalamos said:

You’re not going to use them on the same turns, but passive on turns when you want to shoot and slam+reload (or slam+lock) on turns when you’re disengaging is quite good. 

Ah, I see. Considering how the munitions are only single modded, the dps from torps to boron overall for 1 chassis isn't bad for the trade.