SaltMaster 5000

Carolina Krayts is the best X-Wing podcast

56 minutes ago, Brunas said:

IT'S OUTRAGEOUS

IT'S UNFAIR

THEY'RE HOLDING ME BACK

who wants to tell him that it fits if you decide you're not brave enough for politics?

Obi-Wan Kenobi (47)    
    R2 Astromech (6)    
    Delta-7B (19)    

Ahsoka Tano (47)    
    R2 Astromech (6)    
    Delta-7B (17)    

Gold Squadron Trooper (25)       

Gold Squadron Trooper (25)    

Total: 192    

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, RunnerAZ said:

1st, I wish for the next podcast to be recorded from Zack's motorcycle, while he drives somewhere.

2nd, if my first wish is not granted, I wish that the next podcast be about Mario Tennis.

#MakeBobaFettGreatAgain

Wait, there’s a podcast?! (Jk)

1 hour ago, Brunas said:

IT'S OUTRAGEOUS

IT'S UNFAIR

THEY'RE HOLDING ME BACK

TAKE A SEAT.

Edited by FlyingAnchors

I'm probably the only one who gets annoyed at (first-time) changes of 1 point, right?

Also, I figured it out: FFG just doesn't quite grasp how controlling for variables works.  ("Welp, we know X Meta-List is way too good, and there's just no possible way to figure out what the real cause is, so let's just raise the price on everything that's ever touched X Meta-List!")

12 minutes ago, Jeff Wilder said:

I'm probably the only one who gets annoyed at (first-time) changes of 1 point, right?

Also, I figured it out: FFG just doesn't quite grasp how controlling for variables works.  ("Welp, we know X Meta-List is way too good, and there's just no possible way to figure out what the real cause is, so let's just raise the price on everything that's ever touched X Meta-List!")

Hi @Jeff Wilder

1 hour ago, Jeff Wilder said:

Have you tried berating them until they meekly accept?

I'm thinking about switching from Trade Federation Drones with Energy Shell Charges to Precise Hunters with no upgrades.

I was only running 3 in my Double-Bubble list anyhow (plus Grievous, Kraken Wat, and DFS-311 sitting on a rock), and that's not a particularly impressive Alpha Strike.  Meanwhile, rerolls at close range and higher initiative seems... maybe worth it?

23 minutes ago, AEIllingworth said:

Huh, 0-0-0 says yes in blue on hyperspace legality in Empire, but No in black in S&V. 

I’m guessing we will see some mild editing in the next week or so?

Or they don't want Scum running the psycho droids.

My tavson list went down by 4. A squad I had been wanting to try that was once 207 is now 197. Beef be ded. 

But Black Squadron Scouts are still ******* awful and none of the underlying problems about ability text and high initiative being undercosted were adressed, and in fact they said that a chassis-limitation via the points sheet will *not* be explored. 

x8FDaj8.gif

I dunno man. Steps in the right direction I guess, but in 3 months we'll all be back complaining about R factions and TIE Swarm with 5/6 named pilots being bull. 

Posted (edited)
7 minutes ago, Kaptin Krunch said:

My tavson list went down by 4. A squad I had been wanting to try that was once 207 is now 197. Beef be ded. 

But Black Squadron Scouts are still ******* awful and none of the underlying problems about ability text and high initiative being undercosted were adressed, and in fact they said that a chassis-limitation via the points sheet will *not* be explored. 

x8FDaj8.gif

I dunno man. Steps in the right direction I guess, but in 3 months we'll all be back complaining about R factions and TIE Swarm with 5/6 named pilots being bull. 

This isn’t even beefs Final form! Wedge up 3, still totally playable.  U-wing is out, (except maybe Magva if ordnance heavy list start becoming more common). Still a bajillion pilots to pick from, Biggs and Horton come to mind as they were untouched. (Miranda to now. Her drop to 43 puts her in U-wing switcheroo territory, although not hyperspace legal.)

Edited by FlyingAnchors

33 minutes ago, Kaptin Krunch said:

also, typo in points PDF, at least I assume it's a typo. 

Or does 5 i3 SF with Crack Shot and gunners somehow fit? Are Experts actually Aces? Vice Versa?

image.png.78ebe7b2fae52a74e8d855abd822ce8b.png

latest?cb=20181108031939 latest?cb=20181213142442

The big headline is despite being restricted to demoting Hate/Thannison, we FO mains can still fly 2U Kylo with Tavson: bonkers good news. All the other non-Upsilon news is pure gravy.

How good will 4 Nu's with pro torps and passive sensors be? 5 X1's,  3 of which with passive?

Generic Bwings still untouched, I'm sad ffg didn't realize lowering them the last change was a mistake.

I think they went a bit overboard with infiltrator nerfs: while I totally support a nerf to hate, making it 9 points on large ships while keep it untouched on small ones it's too much, especially if you are already semi randomly increasing Maul and Dooku base points.

Double sith was already underperforming... I support pre emptive changes to tier 1,5-2 material, but here it went too far imo.

Other than these two complaints, overall I'm pretty satisfied by changes. I have some other small grip here and there (removing illicit slots from Han probably was enough for example) and I'm still waiting to see completing a manouver changed in the rrf to stop the going through the rocks and still get things to happen, but trust on devs got slightly higher

4 hours ago, Sunitsa said:

I think they went a bit overboard with infiltrator nerfs: while I totally support a nerf to hate, making it 9 points on large ships while keep it untouched on small ones it's too much, especially if you are already semi randomly increasing Maul and Dooku base points.

Double sith was already underperforming... I support pre emptive changes to tier 1,5-2 material, but here it went too far imo.

**** that wordy card combo deck.