SaltMaster 5000

Carolina Krayts is the best X-Wing podcast

Posted (edited)
8 minutes ago, Boom Owl said:

I have played every ship at least once. Name all the ships you have never played. 

Wookies, YT-2400, Scum falcon, M3-A, YV, Y-wing (either faction), K-fighter, either Aggressor.

Edit- forgot the entire CIS faction.  Still in the box.  F.

And I don't own Resistance Bomber.

Edited by viedit

6 minutes ago, Jeff Wilder said:

I haven't played my Republic ships yet.  Played the Kimogila recently (and enjoyed it!), and that was the final ship I hadn't played in the First Five.

The M12 is basically an M65300

10 minutes ago, Boom Owl said:

I have played every ship at least once. Name all the ships you have never played. 

RZ-2 A-Wing is the only ship I've never ever played. Well, I might not have used my Mining Guild TIE either, can't remember 

I don't recall playing with either of the things called Aggressors or the Decimator in 2.0, but maybe I did and just forgot. Rebel and Resistance Falcons too, might have eluded me since I played them a lot in 1.0. Pretty sure I haven't flown a YT-2400 either, now that I think of it. And B-Wings, never flew those because they're too popular. And haven't flown my Scyks in 2.0 yet, waiting on Autoblasters. G1-A and Kimo haven't hit the table in 2.0 either. 

I played everything in 1.0 but there's a long list of extended stuff I haven't bothered with in 2.0. 

34 minutes ago, Boom Owl said:

Wait what?

Have you ever played a single squad more than twice? :D

I could name all the ships I've never flown that I would actually like to fly...

It's still quite a lot.

1 hour ago, Transmogrifier said:

I think variable pricing as a means to make every upgrade viable on every platform is never going to work, but it does create the possibility of shifting which pilots the upgrade is viable on. For example: Initiative-scaled pricing for Afterburners could penalize aces so much that it becomes more of a low or mid Initiative upgrade. Basically, instead of setting the point scaling to follow the value curve, you artificially exaggerate the pricing curve and create an incentive at a certain initiative level. Say if Afterburners were 4 points for I1-4 and 8 points for I5 and I6. The optimal use of the upgrade might move from Vader to say Turr Phenirr.

Ala...

Bb8 + Primed Thrusters, etc. 

I recognize that great value at I6, but I've personally found very similar usefulness at a far cheaper price point at I4/I5. 

It's strange. 

1 hour ago, Boom Owl said:

Counting First Edition, I've flown everything except the TIE Aggressor (I don't think I've played it...)

For 2nd Edition:

• RZ-1 A-Wing
  • B-Wing
  • Attack Shuttle
  • Sheathipede
  • Auzituck
  • YT-2400
  • Z-95
  • TIE Aggressor
  • VT-49 Decimator
  • Aggressor
  • Jumpmaster
  • Mining TIE
  • Scurrg
  • Scavenged YT-1300
  • TIE/fo

Hmm, 

All CIS

All First Order (minus TIE/fo)

Resistance Bomber, RZ-2

Wookies

TIE/ag, Decimator

IG-2000, Kimo, Scyk, Lando’s Falcon, Escape Craft, Shadowcaster, YV-666, G1-a, Khirax, Spacetug, Scurgg

Now if you limit it to 2.0 you also drop the T-70, TIE/fo, and Resistance Falcon.

1 hour ago, Tlfj200 said:

My list of ships I have not played is too long to bother.

1 hour ago, theBitterFig said:

Counting First Edition, I've flown everything except the TIE Aggressor (I don't think I've played it...)

For 2nd Edition:

• RZ-1 A-Wing
  • B-Wing
  • Attack Shuttle
  • Sheathipede
  • Auzituck
  • YT-2400
  • Z-95
  • TIE Aggressor
  • VT-49 Decimator
  • Aggressor
  • Jumpmaster
  • Mining TIE
  • Scurrg
  • Scavenged YT-1300
  • TIE/fo

53 minutes ago, millertime059 said:

Hmm, 

All CIS

All First Order (minus TIE/fo)

Resistance Bomber, RZ-2

Wookies

TIE/ag, Decimator

IG-2000, Kimo, Scyk, Lando’s Falcon, Escape Craft, Shadowcaster, YV-666, G1-a, Khirax, Spacetug, Scurgg

Now if you limit it to 2.0 you also drop the T-70, TIE/fo, and Resistance Falcon.

giphy.gif

6 minutes ago, viedit said:

If Scum gets a re-costing on Han Gunner, Ketsu + Kavil + thing is going to get some serious reps from me.  

This is the scum list I have the most reps with and is in my kit pretty much always. 

Fenn Rau — Fang Fighter 68
Fearless 3
Ship Total: 71
Half Points: 36 Threshold: 2

Kavil — BTL-A4 Y-Wing 43
Dorsal Turret 2
Proton Torpedoes 12
Han Solo 12
R4 Astromech 2
Ship Total: 71
Half Points: 36 Threshold: 4

Palob Godalhi — HWK-290 Light Freighter 40
Moldy Crow 18
Ship Total: 58
Half Points: 29 Threshold: 3

Posted (edited)

What if Fenn is Ketsu + fearless after Han gunner goes down?  I'm pretty sure I'm in on a 68'ish point Protop Kavil + two other things that are legitimate threats on the board for him to be somewhat ignored for a turn or two.  If he lasts 3 turns he's going to hurt something.  A LOT.

Edited by viedit

In 2nd ed, I've never played...

Auzituck, K-Wing, E-Wing, Rebel TIE, YT2400, Gunboat, TIE v1, TIE Defender, TIE Aggressor, Decimator, IG2000, M3-A, and Z95 (Scum)

Haven’t played as Scum or FO in 2.0. I think I’ve played around with all of the Imperial stuff I own? But that’s only half the faction or so.

In the other four factions which I actually claim, I think the only ship I haven’t flown is the Starfortress?