SaltMaster 5000

Carolina Krayts is the best X-Wing podcast

1 minute ago, GreenDragoon said:

I'm just excited for the reserve crew. That's such a cool and new thing, but seems to be strictly bad. I wonder who can or will make it work.

Depends on how much more expensive Lulo will be after the points update. 5 straight + boost from any board edge covers a lot of ground that your opponent has to worry about. 

Just now, player3010587 said:

Seems fantastic for FLGS play, but unimpressive for regionals.

yes, pretty much this. There has to be some degenerate YT-Poe list where you plink some points, run, and then plink some more 3 turns later

2 minutes ago, RStan said:

Depends on how much more expensive Lulo will be after the points update. 5 straight + boost from any board edge covers a lot of ground that your opponent has to worry about. 

Also, I assume you get to set your Arc indicator when you Big **** Heroes into the battlefield...not a huge benefit, but tangible.

1 hour ago, Tlfj200 said:

A world where death troopers is a solid upgrade is a world I want to live in...

...maybe...

...Actually, I have no idea. So maybe not.

The only time I've played against Death Troopers... I couldn't clear a stress off my Kad Solus for like 4 rounds.

Grand scheme, I think it'd be an interesting card to see more often.

1 hour ago, RStan said:

That is exactly where my thoughts went first, too.

But then I thought a YT1300 to start and Poe with Blackone in reserve could be quite nice.

I wonder what 18 point upgrade fits in this list?

Poe Dameron — T-70 X-Wing 68
Lone Wolf 5
BB-8 8
Spare Parts Canisters 4
Integrated S-Foils 0
Primed Thrusters 10
Black One 2
Proton Torpedoes 12
Ship Total: 109
Half Points: 55 Threshold: 4

Rey — Scavenged YT-1300 80
Sense 6
Finn 10
Inertial Dampeners 1
Engine Upgrade 7
Rey’s Millennium Falcon 5
Half Points: 55 Threshold: 6

Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, Boom Owl said:

Poe Dameron — T-70 X-Wing 68
Lone Wolf 5
BB-8 8
Spare Parts Canisters 4
Integrated S-Foils 0
Primed Thrusters 10
Black One 2
Proton Torpedoes 12
Half Points: 55 Threshold: 4

Rey — Scavenged YT-1300 80
Sense 6
Finn 10
Inertial Dampeners 1
Engine Upgrade 7
Rey’s Millennium Falcon 5
Half Points: 55 Threshold: 6

leia-organa.png

I gotchu fam

Edited by RStan

Posted (edited)
8 minutes ago, Boom Owl said:

I'd want this:

Poe Dameron (68), Heroic (1), R2 Astromech (4), Spare Parts Canisters (4), Integrated S-Foils (0), Ferrosphere Paint (6), Black One (2)

Rey (80), Sense (6), Korr Sella (?), GA-97 (?), Finn (10), Engine Upgrade (7), Rey’s Millennium Falcon (5)
Total: 193+X

View in Yet Another Squad Builder 2.0

edit: obviously EngineUpgrade, Korr Sella and the title is overkill and the choice depends on cost

Edited by GreenDragoon

4 hours ago, Transmogrifier said:

I'm assuming the primary reason is so you don't have to buy ships for other factions to have access to new upgrades that would be relevant for previously released ships in that faction.

I’ll let the six factions without Angled Deflectors know about this. 

So another topic ("What currently illegal list do you hope points changes legalize) got me thinking- what is my "ideal" CIS list?  I get everything I want in the list, and am happy with both its jousting and staying power.  It made me realize just how low on Naked Vultures I am.

At first I though...how about 5 ESC Vultures, and Maul with Hate, Kraken, and Probe Droids.  That feels about like it could deal with the variance it would need to go toe-to-toe with a TIE swarm.  But...that's currently a 214 point list.  Seppy Drones would have to come down by **three** points apiece to make that work, which I find incredibly unlikely.  So then I started thinking some combo of Bellyrubs and Drones, and that didn't take me anywhere I was happy with either.  The idea of losing 2-3 ships as a matter of course in the first engagement just makes me so sad.

So, challenge for anyone: I give you seven naked TF Drones.  You get 1 more ship.  What's the cheapest current ship that you'd feel meta-happy fielding with them, and how much more than 60 points does it cost?

39 minutes ago, Ablazoned said:

So another topic ("What currently illegal list do you hope points changes legalize) got me thinking- what is my "ideal" CIS list?  I get everything I want in the list, and am happy with both its jousting and staying power.  It made me realize just how low on Naked Vultures I am.

At first I though...how about 5 ESC Vultures, and Maul with Hate, Kraken, and Probe Droids.  That feels about like it could deal with the variance it would need to go toe-to-toe with a TIE swarm.  But...that's currently a 214 point list.  Seppy Drones would have to come down by **three** points apiece to make that work, which I find incredibly unlikely.  So then I started thinking some combo of Bellyrubs and Drones, and that didn't take me anywhere I was happy with either.  The idea of losing 2-3 ships as a matter of course in the first engagement just makes me so sad.

So, challenge for anyone: I give you seven naked TF Drones.  You get 1 more ship.  What's the cheapest current ship that you'd feel meta-happy fielding with them, and how much more than 60 points does it cost?

Soontir fel. -8

1 hour ago, Ablazoned said:

Howlrunner. -20

let me run 9 ships you cowards!

1 hour ago, Ablazoned said:

Hold that thought until hyena bomber points drop. 

9 hours ago, Ablazoned said:

what is my "ideal" CIS list?  I get everything I want in the list, and am happy with both its jousting and staying power.  It made me realize just how low on Naked Vultures I am.

Welcome to team "7 point Vultures wouldn't even break the game"!

9 hours ago, jagsba said:

Soontir fel. -8

8 hours ago, skotothalamos said:

Howlrunner. -20

These are sort of my point.  Anything CIS has just isn't good enough to go with them.  I can imagine a 100 point Maul that might be able to solo most of your list if the vultures just block up enough lanes...but that would take a 6 point reduction.

And CIS sorta does have howlrunner (drks) but no iden.

To elaborate on the '7 point vultures wouldn't break the game'- it's because the Vulture is already limited 7/8 on the chassis effectively, similarly to how FFG could price many generics more appropriately by limiting the chassis (IE- lothals are *** compared to Hera, so a Limited 2 Ghost to stop triple VCX could be the answer to 'lothals are entirely outclassed by Hera')

So let's look at a theoretical place where FFG does a major ****** and subtracts 11 points from each Vulture. Vultures are clearly worth more than 9, but due to that 8 ship limit, you can't take 22x Vulture droids and make the New Best List.

So lets take 8- That's still wasted points on upgrading them that much, so it would make sense to take 7 of them and a powership.

So take 7 ESC Seps at a comically costed 15 each, and then you have 95 for a Maul. Hate, Grevious, palp, dorks, title? You made 7 Drones+Maul. That sounds S-tier, but still theoretically beatable.

Compare this lists matchups vs something like 22 Vulture Droid. 22 Vulture droid is capable of so much firepower, so much board denial, so much health, that the game would basically just end.

An ESC vulture is probably worth like 20, tops- Further, no matter how cheap Vultures are, you'll never see more than 7 in a list.

26 minutes ago, Kaptin Krunch said:

An ESC vulture is probably worth like 20, tops- Further, no matter how cheap Vultures are, you'll never see more than 7 in a list.

B-but what about all those people who went 4-2 with Vultures at their store championship and told us that Vultures are good? 

Posted (edited)
12 minutes ago, Pink_Viking said:

B-but what about all those people who went 4-2 with Vultures at their store championship and told us that Vultures are good? 

I went 4-2 with Vultures at Atlanta SoS and they are not very good. If you don’t lose more than 1 on the opening engage and your reds don’t crap out on the ESCs they can be scary though. Basically a lot has to go really right for them to have a chance.

Edited by Caduceus01
Added some

11 minutes ago, Pink_Viking said:

-but what about all those people who went 4-2 with Vultures at their store championship and told us that Vultures are good? 

I went 7-1 over two wave championship tournaments with the absolute maxxed out best Vultures-based list I could come up with, and I still think they're bad.  Local results aren't the big meta.