SaltMaster 5000

Carolina Krayts is the best X-Wing podcast

58 minutes ago, Cuz05 said:

Boba 9 times out of 10 for me. Inevitability is on his side. Obi has to shoot Boba roughly a bazillion times. Boba probably shoots Obi twice.

Unless Obi spends 70min not engaging until Boba flies off the table out of sheer boredom.

This is a legit strategy in California.

3 hours ago, Cuz05 said:

Boba 9 times out of 10 for me. Inevitability is on his side. Obi has to shoot Boba roughly a bazillion times. Boba probably shoots Obi twice

This seems pretty accurate. It’s a super thematic scenario giving Obi-Wan the bid, too. Arc-dodging to survive and not trying to kill Boba, really.

1 hour ago, theBitterFig said:

62250917_10157422667384470_5957710197555

Reinforce tokens are green tokens.

latest?cb=20190205051046

No-action Jedi who start the game with 1 damage and spend all their force getting rid of their own defenses are easier to kill than you think. 

Do you want the 51-point Tie Fighter version or the 68-point no-turret Hwk version?

1 hour ago, skotothalamos said:

No-action Jedi who start the game with 1 damage and spend all their force getting rid of their own defenses are easier to kill than you think. 

Do you want the 51-point Tie Fighter version or the 68-point no-turret Hwk version?

Can't be killed if it's not in range...

Posted (edited)

If you're out of range or out of arc, you can't get shot.  Not that you'll always pull it off.  I'm sure the list with Reinforce-Plo is probably mediocre.

But the flip side is that passing a reinforce to an Anakin who is also boosted by Shield Upgrade and has an R2 Astromech is a powerful effect.  I'd actually been thinking "what about a support Plo for SNR Anakin" a bit recently, without considering Reinforce.  An effect this strong seems worth a thought and a look.  Best case seems pretty powerful, if you can fly to mitigate the downside.

Edited by theBitterFig

4 hours ago, theBitterFig said:

If you're out of range or out of arc, you can't get shot.  Not that you'll always pull it off.  I'm sure the list with Reinforce-Plo is probably mediocre.

But the flip side is that passing a reinforce to an Anakin who is also boosted by Shield Upgrade and has an R2 Astromech is a powerful effect.  I'd actually been thinking "what about a support Plo for SNR Anakin" a bit recently, without considering Reinforce.  An effect this strong seems worth a thought and a look.  Best case seems pretty powerful, if you can fly to mitigate the downside.

What if Plo was supporting an arc? Say.... Wolfe? 

Thematic *underlines word on board* synergy

Posted (edited)

Ok real topic time.

What is the best Quick Build list that would be legal in Hyperspace or Extended?

And can you make Top 8 at a Trial, Open, Nationals, or Major Tournament with it?

Edited by Boom Owl

23 minutes ago, Boom Owl said:

Ok real topic time.

What is the best Quick Build list that would be legal in Hyperspace or Extended?

And can you make Top 8 at a Trial, Open, Nationals, or Major Tournament with it?

I'd take 8x ESC Vulture or Boba(Fat)+Guri(AS). 

Posted (edited)
30 minutes ago, Boom Owl said:

Ok real topic time.

Define "Legal"?

//

Luke and Wedge are both 3 points with Proton Torpedoes and a few extras, so that'd serve as a really solid base.  There's a lot of solid two-threat rebel options, like Braylen, Dutch, or Benthic TwoTubes.

Four Planetary Sentinel Strikers with Conner Nets and a Sloane Lambda looks fun, but Vader, Soontir, Deathrain looks solid.

4-LOM, Palob, and Fenn Rau would be my Scum list, probably.  Or 4-LOM, Palob, and Koskha Frost--that'd be super fun... not winning, but...  Best to win might be Old Terroch, Fearless Kad Solus, and two Fearless Skulls.

Other factions?  Nothing really leaps out at me.  Maybe Sinker + 3x Jedi Knights for Republic, but I don't know if that's so much a winning list, but more it appeals to me because it'd clearly be over 200 points :P

//

Me?  Me win?  Lol, no.  A decent player?  Sure.

Heck, I'd be lucky to win a kit tournament.

Edited by theBitterFig

Quad Upsilons. 

Whisper (Juke, AS, Stealth device, Kallus), Echo (Lone Wolf, PerCop, Stealth Device, AS)

and any two threat of Choice. Duchess, Pure Sabaac with shield upgrades and EPT? Loaded Crack Tomax? Vynder seems decent. Vermiel, Redline, Deathrain? Mod Jerrijord Imdaar seems funny.

OGP Sloane?

Honestly I could see any of the above being very effective.

3 hours ago, Boom Owl said:

Ok real topic time.

1 hour ago, millertime059 said:

Quad Upsilons. 

3 minutes ago, Darth Seridur said:

Heard in the latest podcast, people stating that Separatists are terrible.

Droid swarms have frequently been making cuts in the UK. Why do you think they are bad?

I think people just haven’t had the time with them yet, people are so quick to say “x” is bad. Plus with the high price entry into the faction the number of people taking droids are lowered. I’m surprised Double Infiltrators hasn’t done better since that’s essentially a 1.0 list that’s combined with elements of Dengar/Tel and Brobots.  

Posted (edited)
22 minutes ago, Darth Seridur said:

Droid swarms have frequently been making cuts in the UK. Why do you think they are bad?

They have occasionally been making cuts here to. One or two tend to get through at trials. Nothing unique about the UK or Europe meta besides the unavailability of tournament data. Big picture Jousty lists collecting swiss games than losing their first game in cut are an institution. 

Edited by Boom Owl

Posted (edited)
14 minutes ago, Boom Owl said:

Big picture Jousty lists collecting swiss games than losing their first game in cut are an institution. 

I find it interesting that they are lumped differently from TIE swarm. Podcasters frequently saying TIE swarm is good/more people should play them. But not about droid swarms.

When droid swarm also fulfils that "jousty list that makes cut" archetype in your words.

Do you think this is because droids are still relatively unknown? Whereas TIE swarm is an Xwing foundation.

Edited by Darth Seridur