SaltMaster 5000

Carolina Krayts is the best X-Wing podcast

1 minute ago, Tlfj200 said:

Can we loosely appreciate that some big marshal's have decided to go the route of fun and fair play for major events? (this is a real question; also, content.)

What if I reject the premise that this actually supports fair play?

I don't even fly these lists.  I just don't think a judges' aesthetic preference for one playstyle over another should factor into how games unfold.

29 minutes ago, theBitterFig said:

What if I reject the premise that this actually supports fair play?

I don't even fly these lists.  I just don't think a judges' aesthetic preference for one playstyle over another should factor into how games unfold.

I don't think k-turning your entire list along a board edge for 2 hours is a playstyle

Edited by svelok

4 hours ago, Boom Owl said:

Does anyone else feels like a huge portion of the 2.0 Card Pool is still essentially "new and unsolved content" even 9+ months in? 
Some of it is waiting for very slight pt adjustment to top tier things to come out of hiding but the vast majority of its probably fine already and just unplayed.  

Things I Haven't Meaningfully Played or Tried to Actually Figure Out: 

• Functional Grand Inquisitor or TAP Lists 
  • Functional Tie FO Lists
  • Boomba Nym
  • Party Bus Nonsense
  • M12 R5P8 Executioners 
  • Ketsu Maul Bullying 
  • Corran TorpHorn 
  • Palp Aces Variants ( Mostly Rex ) 
  • 5 Barrage Gunboats 
  • BB8 Poe Lists 
  • VCX-Wing 
  • Palp Jedi Regen Glue 
  • Some Stupid K-Wing List 

Well my “some stupid k-wing list” depends on the points adjustment, mostly. Although I hear 4x K-wings is okay, but finding 3 other k-wings at the moment is difficult.

7 hours ago, Boom Owl said:

Things I Haven't Meaningfully Played or Tried to Actually Figure Out: 

• Functional Grand Inquisitor or TAP Lists 
  • Functional Tie FO Lists
  • Boomba Nym
  • Party Bus Nonsense
  • M12 R5P8 Executioners 
  • Ketsu Maul Bullying 
  • Corran TorpHorn 
  • Palp Aces Variants ( Mostly Rex ) 
  • 5 Barrage Gunboats 
  • BB8 Poe Lists 
  • VCX-Wing 
  • Palp Jedi Regen Glue 
  • Some Stupid K-Wing List 

3 hours ago, FlyingAnchors said:

Well my “some stupid k-wing list” depends on the points adjustment, mostly. Although I hear 4x K-wings is okay, but finding 3 other k-wings at the moment is difficult.

I played against a Hotshot Gunner Miranda / R4 ICT Dutch / Outmaneuver Jake / FCS Gavin list last week that was stupid. Miranda strips your token (and probably regens) and everyone else tries to capitalize on synergies while all shooting at the same initiative (I4). We allegedly want people to be experimenting, but I wish it weren't with this kind of list, as I did not enjoy playing against it.  None of those pieces are individually amazing, but I SUPER did not want to joust them in combination. 

Edited by PaulRuddSays

3 hours ago, PaulRuddSays said:

I played against a Hotshot Gunner Miranda / R4 ICT Dutch / Outmaneuver Jake / FCS Gavin list last week that was stupid. Miranda strips your token (and probably regens) and everyone else tries to capitalize on synergies while all shooting at the same initiative (I4). We allegedly want people to be experimenting, but I wish it weren't with this kind of list, as I did not enjoy playing against it.  None of those pieces are individually amazing, but I SUPER did not want to joust them in combination. 

Have you tried k turning up and down the board to avoid the joust?

2833785_0.jpg

Who would win?

Dx5YgMwVYAAMx44.jpg

"Boba" Fett (Slave One, Seismic Charges, Homing Missiles) 96

vs

Obi-Wan Kenobi (Supernatural Reflexes, R4-P17, Spare Parts Canister, Calibrated Laser Targeting) 94

maxresdefault.jpg

Costs are pretty close.  Obi-Wan's going to have a pretty up-hill battle, but he might just have the tools to do it.  Only takes a few stray shots to kill an Aethersprite, though, and with Homing Missile and Seismic Charges avoiding green dice, yikes.

tenor.gif?itemid=13234591